Album arts for network audio

Get answers about how to share with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Minoru MIZUTANI

Album arts for network audio

Post by Minoru MIZUTANI »

I am doing network audio with Pioneer N-30. All CDs are ripped by Windows Media Players, and there is no problem. I became interested in Hi-Res these days, and started to use MediaMonkey to edit Track Names, etc.

I also wanted the album arts to be displayed on N-30, and Digital Media Controllers on my iPod Touch. But, I could not. I asked to the manufaturers of NAS and Player, but all what they say is "as long as the files are editted in line with DLNA, it should be displayed.

So, what I would like to know is how to tag the album arts so that the DLNA certified machines display them.

Sincerely, :
Lowlander

Re: Album arts for network audio

Post by Lowlander »

I think nothing as MediaMonkey will send the Artwork in DLNA required format. For me all my devices show Artwork when accessing my Library over DLNA (I use embedded Art in MP3 and FLAC). Which version of MediaMonkey are you using?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
khelsing

Post by khelsing »

Minoru MIZUTANI wrote:I asked to the manufaturers of NAS and Player
Assuming that the NAS is your media server, what's the make and model of the device and which server software is running on it?
Minoru MIZUTANI

Post by Minoru MIZUTANI »

Dear Lowlander,

I am from Japan, where are you? Thank you for your prompt reply.

The version of MediaMonkey is 4.0.7.1511, the free version. Why do you think MediaMonkey would not do the job? I tried to tag the album arts to the FLAC music files by MediaMonkey. I think tagging means embedding in the same way. Are you using other software than MediaMokey to embed the album arts?

Dear khelsing,

Which country are you now? Thanks a lot for you reply.

The NAS is made by I-O Data, and the model is HDL-A 2.0. The model is DLNA ver.1.5 certified and it has its own DLNA server function. I am not running any other server software on it. Are your album arts of FLAC files shown on your player?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I meant that there shouldn't be anything you need to do. However I assumed you were using the MediaMonkey DLNA server which is what I use without any Artwork problems.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
khelsing

Post by khelsing »

Minoru MIZUTANI wrote:The NAS is made by I-O Data, and the model is HDL-A 2.0. The model is DLNA ver.1.5 certified and it has its own DLNA server function.
Unfortunately I couldn't find any information on this specific NAS in a language that I understand. My guess is that your NAS's media server software and your DLNA clients experience communication problems when it comes to album art embedded in FLAC files. For testing reasons you could put some correctly tagged MP3 files on the server and see if your DLNA clients display the album art of such files.
Are your album arts of FLAC files shown on your player?
As I neither have FLAC files nor any of the devices you use I can't answer that question.
natakk

Post by natakk »

on my tv nor on the homecinema are the covers displayed in my environment too.

i store all covers as front covers in the mp3 tag directly. on iphone or other synced devices the covers are displayed correctly.
till now my opinion was that dnla don't support to send the covers...