panasonic tv issue

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

nokkieg2

panasonic tv issue

Post by nokkieg2 »

hi

The viera tools only see the media player when i am in the screen and start the application.
can the broadcast time be altered so it broadcasts its presence more frequently?

thanks
nohitter151

Re: panasonic tv issue

Post by nohitter151 »

nokkieg2 wrote:hi

The viera tools only see the media player when i am in the screen and start the application.
can the broadcast time be altered so it broadcasts its presence more frequently?

thanks
What do you mean? MM has to be running in order for the media server to be running.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
nokkieg2

Post by nokkieg2 »

The list of available media servers is only populated when mediamonkey starts. When you wait for the list to be populated when MM is already running on the pc it takes up to 5 minutes to find the server on the panasonic tv. I assume that when it starts it broadcasts its precense over the network. I would like to have this broadcast once a minute. =)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you having problems seeing the MediaMonkey Media Server on the Panasonic TV? In that case it would seem to be a problem with the Panasonic TV and how it discovers Media Servers as this is no problem for the range of devices I have, they all find the MediaMonkey Media Server quickly.

Which version of MediaMonkey are you running?
nokkieg2

Post by nokkieg2 »

Like i said, it takes a long time for the tv to see it, Except when you are in the media server list and actually start MM.
So my guess is when it starts it broadcasts, i want to up the broadcast frequency..

and yes you are correct. my other devices dont have issues either,.. however i do want to watch movies on my tv.
without having to restart MM al the time. =) so i ask you, is there a setting that remedies this issue..
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

mediamonkey reads the info on start up if you press F5 then when running he refreshes the screen maybe just doing that will make him re read the data and find the servers?

worth a shot anyway's? if it works you got what you want a way to just run it and not have to restart mm to get the list of servers seen? 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There's no setting nor I'm I sure it works that way in the first place (as other devices can discover MediaMonkey without issue).
nokkieg2

Post by nokkieg2 »

Nah i am pretty sure it proadcasts its presence.. Otherwise how do you explain in showing up within a second after starting the server.. but not showing up when the server is already started before the listing in the tv is done. I was thinking more about an ini setting somewhere not an application setting, since i also am pretty sure its not in the app itself.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

nokkieg2 wrote:Nah i am pretty sure it proadcasts its presence.. Otherwise how do you explain in showing up within a second after starting the server.. but not showing up when the server is already started before the listing in the tv is done. I was thinking more about an ini setting somewhere not an application setting, since i also am pretty sure its not in the app itself.
There is no such setting. I don't really see how it can be anything but a problem with the Panasonic discovery algorithm since pretty much any other device or application can discover MM without a problem.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
botijo

Post by botijo »

I am bored, so let me throw some pseudo-technical explanation. Device discovery is done through the Simple Service Discovery Protocol.

When a UPNP server starts, it sends a "Hello, I am X and I can do Y and Z" to everyone on the local network. Mediamonkey server will tell "Hello, I am MediaMonkey Server and I can be browsed for media". Every five or ten minutes a server may send a message like this again. It is up to the control points to decide if this device is supported or not. As this message is sent when the server starts, it is the reason why Panasonic TVs see the server so fast.

On the other hand, whenever a control point starts (that is the one that can browse servers), it should send a message stating "Hello, I am new here and want to know all of you better". It looks like Panasonic protocol is not doing this part. As stated by the rest of the crowd, other TVs do this right. I can confirm Samsung D series works fine.

That is what I can think of. Do Panasonic TVs still do this kind of thing? I can check in a few days when my new TV arrives.

Post by Guest »

I have a Panasonic Smart TV that I use with Mediamonkey. Mediamonkey is seen immediately as soon as I go into apps media server, it is listed as available
Are you sure you have your network set correctly for the TV, from the TV network setup? ON mine you can test the network; also if your doing this via wireless it may be slower.
I certainly found caching of songs especially if a playlist was large did take too long, I therefore now have hard wired CAT5 connection to my router which is now very fast.