Connecting the Stream magic 6 to the Media Monkey Server

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

cliveknight

Connecting the Stream magic 6 to the Media Monkey Server

Post by cliveknight »

Hello, I have successfully connected with the media monkey server from the stream magic 6, however when I select the media monkey server from the stream magic 6 to drill down into the music choices, the stream magic returns an "empty status".. why would that be.. anyone any clues? There are around 2500 songs in there. Thanks.
Andre Gosselin

Re: Connecting the Stream magic 6 to the Media Monkey Server

Post by Andre Gosselin »

I do not for myself experiment such a problem wirh MM4 DLNA server and the StreamMagic 6 network player.

I have issues however with the way the MM DLNA player outputs its lists, which makes using the server with StreamMagic very problematic, especially if you use the StreamMagic app on a small display like that of an ipod.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Check what if any Auto-Conversions are set in the Media Sharing options and make sure the client supports the file format(s) you're trying to stream (after applying conversion rules).
cliveknight

Post by cliveknight »

Hello Lowlander thanks again. Can you explain the auto conversion facility? I have FLAC AND WAV files (mostly WAV) in media monkey. Now my stream magic can play any of the two file types. I don't want the audio files to be converted whilst being streamed. If they are already FLAC or WAV then I want the player to play them as they are (without and no further conversion required). Does that make sense to you?. So I have disabled all of the Auto conversion and I now see on my stream magic, the FLAC and the WAV Files (so that is good). What I will say though is that whilst the stream magic distinguishes them both in one being FLAC and the other as PCM, it still reports both files as 16 bit 44.1Khz... I guess that this is ok? When I look at the bit rate of the FLAC files in media monkey they are around 800, whereas the WAV (PCM) are 1411. What do you think? Many thanks again lowlander.
cliveknight

Post by cliveknight »

Lowlander I just had a thought, - this audio conversion thing are you saying that media monkey can convert a 16 bit 44.1 Khz sample rate to a higher quality audio file? I'm new to this stuff as you can tell! Having just purchased the stream magic c6 it will up sample the 16 bit 44.1khz to a 24 bit 384 khz sample rate for higher quality audio (not listened yet, still waiting on my amp !!-- hurry up amp !!). Thanks again
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The bitrate reflects compression (no quality loss) used on the files. Thus the lower bitrate shown isn't the bitrate of the audio.

You can't convert to a higher quality file. Although you can choose to convert to a higher quality file (not different sample rate though) you will not gain any quality.
angleblue63

Post by angleblue63 »

I am experimenting with the MM 4 DLNA server, comparing it with 2 others I have used so far, namely those of Foobar 2000 and TwonkyMedia. With MM4 DLNA server, once you navigate to the next to last level of objects, the client is sent both the list of albums AND the list of tracks.
"Stive"
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

angleblue63 wrote:the client is sent both the list of albums AND the list of tracks.
As is the case in MediaMonkey itself, http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 20&t=67792
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »