Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

docv

Re: Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Post by docv »

Steegy - did not try your solution so I'm not sure if it would have worked or not.

That said, the problem is solved. Here's what did work - deleting these registry keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MediaMonkey\Interface\V4\Toolbars\Persistent
np_Panel
MiniLyricsEmbedder_Panel

(np_Panel refers to MonkeyRok).

Thanks for the help working through this. Sanity restored.
nohitter151 wrote:
docv wrote:Nohitter - Thanks for reply, I've suspected Behind Titlebars is the culprit here. Problem is... I've already uninstalled it and am still having issues.
I suspect there are some registry entries left behind even after uninstalling the addon, it's most likely causing the problem.
steviegt

Post by steviegt »

Thank you Steegy. Your responce is much appreciated. Since I have the setup correct I'll have to live with it.
MMW Gold Lifetime v4.1.21.11875
MM Pro Android v1.3.2.0824
Windows Home 10.0.17134.228 64-bit Build 1803
MS Edge

Next to MediaMonkey, the best program available: Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/

"Being mean to someone takes more effort than being nice to them"
ohgurnam

Post by ohgurnam »

Is there anyone having this problem?

I've installed minilyrics plugin and it's .exe program and, after many tweaks, it's finally embedded in my player (mediamonkey).
The trouble is, the lyrics won't automatically search for lyrics (i have to input the artist and songname manually) and when when i change tracks, the window keep playing the same lyrics. Is there any solution for this?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

ohgurnam wrote:Is there anyone having this problem?

I've installed minilyrics plugin and it's .exe program and, after many tweaks, it's finally embedded in my player (mediamonkey).
The trouble is, the lyrics won't automatically search for lyrics (i have to input the artist and songname manually) and when when i change tracks, the window keep playing the same lyrics. Is there any solution for this?
Preferences > Advanced > Lyrics download: auto download lyrics (yes/no)

Works fine here, though I prefer it disabled.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

steviegt wrote:
If you get an error "MiniLyrics couldn't be embedded", then make sure that MiniLyrics is running and is visible (not minimized) when MediaMonkey starts. Also make sure you try with the dockable panel visible.
1. How do you make sure ML is visable? Do you mean use Ctrl+Alt+M? (I've done this) I thought ML is linked to ML status.
2. How do you make sure the dockable panel is visable? Are you refering to the panel is selected in the View menu in MM? (If so, it is.)

I have had this as far back as I can remember. After clicking ok on the error message everything works fine. It's just annoying.
I have solved this, just replace

C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\Minilyrics Embedder.vbs with this file:

https://sites.google.com/site/mediamonk ... ects=0&d=1
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
robinsiebler

Post by robinsiebler »

I replaced the file, but I still get the error.
sinucaww

Post by sinucaww »

Due the couldn't be embedded issue I've switched back to Minilyrics 6.8.429, it worked for me.
Aff

Post by Aff »

Since I've commented out the check in Sub EmbedTmr_OnTimer(EmbedTmr) it works perfectly with version 7.3, see http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 87#p345750
nohitter151 wrote:I have solved this
That didn't work for me at all
fn56

Re: Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3]

Post by fn56 »

Jesterofthesky wrote:SO! hey folks, i finally figured out my problem, and i thought i'd post it here to see if it could help anyone out

I am running windows 7 64 bit, so mediamonkey installed to "J:\Program Files (x86)", and ran fine, but no matter how i installed minilyrics it would never detect when mediamonkey was opened.

HOWEVER i had the idea one night (as i fell asleep actually) that perhaps if i moved the whole mediamonkey file to regular "J:\Program Files", something might change. so i uninstalled the embedder (which wasn't working) and minilyrics (ditto) and copied the folder over, then re-installed them both and BAM! It all worked :D

I don't really understand the whole distinction between Program Files (x86) and Program Files, (perhaps someone knows?) and i am pretty sure i was running the 64 bit version of mediamonkey, but it had since updated, so i'm not entirely sure.

Anyway, if anyone else has my same problem, and this helps, i hope it makes you as happy as it has me :D
I can confirm Jesterofthesky post: On Windows 7 64bit, when installing both Media Monkey (latest version 4) and MiniLyrics in C:\Program Files instead of in the default folder C:\Program Files (x86) then the MiniLyrics embeder will work fine :D

Post by Guest »

That's very strange as both are 32bit programs.
fn56

Post by fn56 »

Maybe the source of the problem is usage of environment variables somewhere in the program code. In 64bit systems you have two for ProgramFiles:

ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
and
ProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)

So 32bit program that would normally use the ProgramFiles environment variable on 32bit system, when running on 64bit system will need to use ProgramFiles(x86).
dnats

Post by dnats »

I got MediaMonkey running on Windows 8 fine with nothing wrong except this script throwing me this error and doesn't function like it suppose to.

and this

Does anyone know what's wrong and how can I fix this?
Aff

Post by Aff »

fn56 wrote:Maybe the source of the problem is usage of environment variables somewhere in the program code. In 64bit systems you have two for ProgramFiles:

ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
and
ProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)

So 32bit program that would normally use the ProgramFiles environment variable on 32bit system, when running on 64bit system will need to use ProgramFiles(x86).
This is done automatically by Windows. A 32bit process gets "C:\Program Files (x86)" when reading %ProgramFiles%. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 85%29.aspx
Aff

Post by Aff »

dnats wrote:I got MediaMonkey running on Windows 8 fine with nothing wrong except this script throwing me this error and doesn't function like it suppose to.(..)
Did the installer run without any errors? You could try to register the embedder manually (run "regsvr32 MMEmbedder.dll").
Meetloaf13

Post by Meetloaf13 »

I have MM4 on Windows 7 x64

I installed this with the installer and when I start MM I get the following error message:
"MiniLyrics couldn't be embedded. Possibly its a window, or the embedder window, isn't visible."

A placeholder for ML called "Embedded Minilyrics" shows up in MM, and I can toggle that little window on and off, but I can't right-click and get into any options. I don't even think ML is running. I have verified that I have the msvcr71.dll. Not sure where to start troubleshooting.

Any ideas?

Thanks
MM4 GOLD user =]