Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Viper21

Re: Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3]

Post by Viper21 »

nohitter151 wrote:I experience that issue as well, it was supposed to be fixed in a previous version but it still occurs (see http://crintsoft.com/mlwhatsnew.htm ) Still, if you just pick the "MediaMonkey" button when the screen appears, everything works fine. It seems to be an issue with ML itself.
Here's an update since my last post. I stopped MM from starting up automatically and the rebooted - no "Start MiniLyrics" window and when I manually start MM there is no error. I think that MM is simply starting up too soon - before the MiniLyrics hook/service has started. Any ideas how I can delay MM startup or to force it to start after MiniLyrics?

-Viper21
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Maybe this can help you. Or if you don't want extra bloat/software (I wouldn't) you could simply use some batch file (see part "Using a batch script" here).
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Viper21

Post by Viper21 »

Steegy wrote:Maybe this can help you. Or if you don't want extra bloat/software (I wouldn't) you could simply use some batch file (see part "Using a batch script" here).
@Steegy: You beat me to it. I actually came back to this thread to report that I have installed Startup Delayer v3 and it has solved the problem I reported. Obviously MM was loading before the MiniLyrics thread. Now MM4 is starting up automatically (slightly delayed) with lyrics window embedded and error-free! :P I will try the batch file method tomorrow in the hope of being able to ditch Startup Delayer.
Baldor

Post by Baldor »

Hello,

First of all, I am sorry if my question has already been posted.

I am on Win 7 32bits, MM 4.0.3.1476, Minilyrics 7.3.926.0, MiniLyrics Embedder1.4b

How can I get rid of the ad banner integrated to the embedder?

Suggestion for the Topic: create a new topic for MM4 and on the 1st post, the best tricks ;-)

Many thanks ;-)
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Baldor wrote:How can I get rid of the ad banner integrated to the embedder?
By purchasing a MiniLyrics license. The ad banner comes from MiniLyrics and *not* from MM or the embedder.
Baldor wrote:Suggestion for the Topic: create a new topic for MM4 and on the 1st post, the best tricks ;-)
Though MM4 isn't specifically mentioned here, everything in this thread should work for MM4 too. The "best tricks" can be found in the 'troubleshooting' section of the first post, or do you mean something else?
Baldor wrote:Many thanks ;-)
You're welcome!
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Baldor

Re: Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Post by Baldor »

Lol, ok ;-)

1. Minilyrics banner: I supposed that it was from MiniLyrics and not MM but sometimes, it exists some tricks... And it seems to me that previous version (I don't know which one) hadn't this banner. I tryed to find a way to download older version, without success...

2. Best tricks for Embedded Minilyrics: what we already have in the 1st post in perfect. I just meaned that it seemed not updated with last tricks. For example, I was looking for a way to "get rid a minilyrics caption" and found the answer in page 49. I assume that they are a lot of good other tricks between page 2 to page 49. It was just a suggestion as I am not the person that would be in charge of.

3. Thanks again for your quick answer ;-)
barbW

Post by barbW »

I was happy with Minilyrics until I tried to embed it in media monkey. It will not embed, comes up with an error. I have yried all the suggestions but no good. How do I get back to just using the unembedded version
Cheers,
Barb
docv

Post by docv »

Since upgrading to MM4 recently, I've had a problem embedding Minilyrics.

My problem is that Minilyrics embeds (sort of), but only in a tiny box at the upper left corner (see picture).

The box can't be resized or moved, and covers over anything underneath it. Lyrics are visible and working in it, and the standard right-click in the Minilyrics window for options is functional.

I've tried just about everything in the 50 pages of this thread with no luck. Has anyone else encountered this problem? (I think it's possible that this could be a result of another extension I had installed on MM3 which was incompatible in MM4 - Behind Titlebars, which I had been using to remove the titlebar of this Minilyrics window in MM3?)

If anyone has any suggestions or tips, I'd love to hear them. I'm going nutty trying to fix this. Thanks.

steviegt

Post by steviegt »

If you get an error "MiniLyrics couldn't be embedded", then make sure that MiniLyrics is running and is visible (not minimized) when MediaMonkey starts. Also make sure you try with the dockable panel visible.
1. How do you make sure ML is visable? Do you mean use Ctrl+Alt+M? (I've done this) I thought ML is linked to ML status.
2. How do you make sure the dockable panel is visable? Are you refering to the panel is selected in the View menu in MM? (If so, it is.)

I have had this as far back as I can remember. After clicking ok on the error message everything works fine. It's just annoying.
MMW Gold Lifetime v4.1.21.11875
MM Pro Android v1.3.2.0824
Windows Home 10.0.17134.228 64-bit Build 1803
MS Edge

Next to MediaMonkey, the best program available: Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/

"Being mean to someone takes more effort than being nice to them"
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

docv wrote:Since upgrading to MM4 recently, I've had a problem embedding Minilyrics.

My problem is that Minilyrics embeds (sort of), but only in a tiny box at the upper left corner (see picture).

The box can't be resized or moved, and covers over anything underneath it. Lyrics are visible and working in it, and the standard right-click in the Minilyrics window for options is functional.

I've tried just about everything in the 50 pages of this thread with no luck. Has anyone else encountered this problem? (I think it's possible that this could be a result of another extension I had installed on MM3 which was incompatible in MM4 - Behind Titlebars, which I had been using to remove the titlebar of this Minilyrics window in MM3?)
This is caused by behind titlebars. It isn't compatible with MM4.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
docv

Post by docv »

Nohitter - Thanks for reply, I've suspected Behind Titlebars is the culprit here. Problem is... I've already uninstalled it and am still having issues.

nohitter151 wrote:
docv wrote:Since upgrading to MM4 recently, I've had a problem embedding Minilyrics.

This is caused by behind titlebars. It isn't compatible with MM4.
steviegt

Post by steviegt »

I'd appreciate it if someone would answer my basic questions from my previous post. They may be lame questions but none the less they are important to me and need answers. Everything is visible that why it's confusing. Please...

1. How do you make sure ML is visable? Do you mean use Ctrl+Alt+M? (I've done this) I thought ML is linked to ML status.
2. How do you make sure the dockable panel is visable? Are you refering to the panel is selected in the View menu in MM? (If so, it is.)

I have had this as far back as I can remember. After clicking ok on the error message everything works fine. It's just annoying.
MMW Gold Lifetime v4.1.21.11875
MM Pro Android v1.3.2.0824
Windows Home 10.0.17134.228 64-bit Build 1803
MS Edge

Next to MediaMonkey, the best program available: Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/

"Being mean to someone takes more effort than being nice to them"
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

docv wrote:Nohitter - Thanks for reply, I've suspected Behind Titlebars is the culprit here. Problem is... I've already uninstalled it and am still having issues.
I suspect there are some registry entries left behind even after uninstalling the addon, it's most likely causing the problem.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

The box can't be resized or moved, and covers over anything underneath it. Lyrics are visible and working in it, and the standard right-click in the Minilyrics window for options is functional....
In the script's code, look for the line Panel.Caption = "Embedded MiniLyrics" and insert a new line Panel.ShowCaption = True before of after.
This will get the caption back so you can move/resize the panel. If you're satisfied with the location/size, you can re-hide the caption by changing True to False.
(after making a change in the code, it's necessary to restart MediaMonkey)

Cheers,
Steegy
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

steviegt wrote:I'd appreciate it if someone would answer my basic questions from my previous post. They may be lame questions but none the less they are important to me and need answers. Everything is visible that why it's confusing. Please...

For the embedder to be able to do the embedding, a few conditions have to be right. First follow the steps on the first post, as you already did.
1. The MiniLyrics window should be visible, i.e. not minimized and you need to be able to see the window on your screen. It should look and behave as if there was no embedder present.
2. The dockable panel should be visible, i.e. it should be selected in the View menu in MediaMonkey. So this is OK.

Cheers,
Steegy