Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

canuckerfan

Re: Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3]

Post by canuckerfan »

I have the same issue actually... minilyrcs delays the playing of the song until it can download the lyrics(which is about a second on my computer)... hmm...
Norti

Post by Norti »

Drewbie wrote:@ Norti ---Your problem sounds like you just need to play around with it and get it set right ... you can control all aspects of the minilyrics program from the task bar flyout just click the arrow on the taskbar and right click the mini lyrics icon and adjust settings ... make sure you have fantasy theme or one with no transparency ... could cause the hiccup issue ... I prefer the panel off in MM and floating lyrics on via the task bar .... hope that helps
Of course I was playing around with the settings before posting the 1st message, there're actually only few of em that could be the reason (I mean most of the advanced settings available are shortucts, of course I didn't even try to change them all since it can't be the reason) like "auto download lyrics" or "global lyrics delay" and I tried to play with em - in vain, unfortunately.
I use the plain skin with my own settings of colors/fonts (without transparcence of course), but I tried to change to Fantasy skin and all the others - the same problem. Changing "display options" didn't help as well. And the same delay even with the option "auto download lyrics" turned off - I can't understand it...
I also thought that the possible reason could be my internet connection (though I have quite fast LAN-internet and not to mention the same delay with the lyrics which are being opened from my PC), but the same ~1sec dealy exsist even if I disconnect my internet-connection and the lyrics are not downloading - it only shows the fileds Artist/Album/Title (or local lyrics for songs whose lyrics were downloaded bofore before and stored locally) with the same delay.
The only case where there's no any delay (when ML opened of course) is when I reopen the same song while it's playing.
I've just tried to uninstal ML embedder - but the same delay with MiniLyrics working itself with MediaMonkey... And there's no any delay when it's working with WMP12...

I haven't wrote to ML support yet, since I wasn't sure whether it's mine own problem or some users have the same problem with delay. Well, it looks like there're at least 2 of us. If someone else has the same problem, please write here about it so I could give ML author the link to this topic. Of course, if someone knows the solution it'd great if you share with us here...
CoRsU

Post by CoRsU »

@ Drewbie:

Can you post the code of the MiniLyrics Embedder.vbs???
This would be very nice :D

Thx
Drewbie

Post by Drewbie »

hey guys
I dont want to deal with uploads and then broken link crap right now
so Im just gunna paste the .vbs file here. just copy everything between the bars into notepad and save it as MiniLyrics Embedder.vbs
and then replace the existing file.

!!!!!!!!!!THE PANEL CAN ONLY BE MOVED WHEN THE CAPTION IS ON THIS IS WHY YOU CAN TURN IT OFF OR ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To turn the panel CAPTION on or off...
use the mediamonkey.ini file in
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\MediaMonkey\

open the mediamonkey.ini file with notepad and
browse to the [MiniLyricsEmbedder] section

the panel CAPTION can be turned on or off by using the ShowCaption= Command

off...
[MiniLyricsEmbedder]
PanelVisible=True
ShowCaption=0

on...
[MiniLyricsEmbedder]
PanelVisible=True
ShowCaption=1

if you see some other little caption with the song title , just turn the panel off and back on again ... THATS THE PANEL , NOT THE CAPTION

I'll post the full setup at some point but this should suffice for now .
(Now that I see this cool code window vvv and it doesnt take hella space (Im from Nor-Cal, can u tell) this is perfect as is ... eNjOy!!! :D )
=========================================================================================================================

Code: Select all

Option Explicit
'v1.4b
Dim MI, Panel, Tmr, EmbedTmr
Const EmbedTimerTimeout = 500
Const EmbedTriesMax = 20
Const RePoSiTimerTimeout = 1000

Dim Embedder : Set Embedder = CreateObject("MMEmbedder.Instance")
Embedder.FloatingWindowCaption = "Embedded MiniLyrics"
Embedder.SourceWindowCaption = vbNull
Embedder.SourceWindowClass = "MiniLyrics"

Dim EmbedTriesCount : EmbedTriesCount = 0
Dim IsEmbedded : IsEmbedded = False

Sub OnStartup
    On Error Resume Next
    Script.RegisterEvent SDB, "OnShutdown", "SDB_OnShutdown"

Set MI = SDB.UI.AddMenuItem(SDB.UI.Menu_View, 1, -3)
    MI.Caption = "MiniLyrics Panel"
    MI.IconIndex = 51
    MI.ShortCut = "Ctrl+Shift+L"
    MI.Hint = "Show the panel for the embedded MiniLyrics program"
    Script.RegisterEvent MI, "OnClick", "MI_OnClick"

Set Panel = SDB.UI.NewDockablePersistentPanel("MiniLyricsEmbedder_Panel")
    If Panel.IsNew Then 
        Panel.DockedTo = 3
        Panel.Common.Width = 300
        Panel.Common.Height = 125
    End If 
    Panel.Caption = "Embedded MiniLyrics"

' Restore ShowCaption setting (requires MM 3.1 or higher)
	if SDB.VersionHi > 3 Or (SDB.VersionHi = 3 And SDB.VersionLo >= 1) then
		if SDB.IniFile.ValueExists("MiniLyricsEmbedder","ShowCaption") then
			Panel.ShowCaption = SDB.IniFile.IntValue("MiniLyricsEmbedder","ShowCaption")
		end if
	end if

Set SDB.Objects("MiniLyricsEmbedder_Panel") = Panel        'Storing the Panel in MM's Objects array is only needed to keep it alive the whole time
    Script.RegisterEvent Panel, "OnClose", "Panel_OnClose"
    Script.RegisterEvent Panel.Common, "OnResize", "Panel_OnResize"

Panel.Common.Visible = True
    MI.Checked = True

Set EmbedTmr = SDB.CreateTimer(EmbedTimerTimeout)
    Script.RegisterEvent EmbedTmr, "OnTimer", "EmbedTmr_OnTimer"
End Sub

Sub EmbedTmr_OnTimer(EmbedTmr)

On Error Resume Next

EmbedTriesCount = EmbedTriesCount + 1
    If Not Embedder.EmbedWindow Then
        If EmbedTriesCount >= EmbedTriesMax Then
            Script.UnRegisterEvents EmbedTmr
            Set EmbedTmr = Nothing
            SDB.MessageBox "MiniLyrics couldn't be embedded. Possibly its window, or the embedder window, isn't visible.", mtError, Array(mbOK)
        End If
        Exit Sub
    End If

IsEmbedded = True

Script.UnRegisterEvents EmbedTmr
    Set EmbedTmr = Nothing

If SDB.IniFile.StringValue("MiniLyricsEmbedder", "PanelVisible") <> "True" Then
        Panel.Common.Visible = False
        MI.Checked = False
    Else
        Set Tmr = SDB.CreateTimer(RePoSiTimerTimeout)
        Script.RegisterEvent Tmr, "OnTimer", "RepositionAndResize"
    End If
End Sub

Sub MI_OnClick(MI)

On Error Resume Next
	MI.Checked = Not MI.Checked
	Panel.Common.Visible = MI.Checked
	SDB.IniFile.StringValue("MiniLyricsEmbedder", "PanelVisible") = MI.Checked

If Not IsEmbedded Then Exit Sub

If MI.Checked Then
        Embedder.ResetSizeAndPosition

Set Tmr = SDB.CreateTimer(RePoSiTimerTimeout)
        Script.RegisterEvent Tmr, "OnTimer", "RepositionAndResize"
    Else
        Script.UnRegisterEvents Tmr
        Set Tmr = Nothing
    End If
End Sub

Sub SDB_OnShutdown
    On Error Resume Next
    Script.UnRegisterAllEvents
    Set MI = Nothing
    Set Panel = Nothing
    Set Tmr = Nothing
    Set EmbedTmr = Nothing
    Set Embedder = Nothing
End Sub

Sub Panel_OnClose(Panel)
    On Error Resume Next
    MI.Checked = False
    SDB.IniFile.StringValue("MiniLyricsEmbedder", "PanelVisible") = "False"
    Script.UnRegisterEvents Tmr
    Set Tmr = Nothing
End Sub

Sub Panel_OnResize(Panel)
	If Not IsEmbedded Then Exit Sub
    On Error Resume Next
End Sub

Sub RepositionAndResize(Tmr)
    On Error Resume Next
End Sub
==========================================================================================================================
so yeah copy all that junk between the bars into notepad and save it as MiniLyrics Embedder.vbs and replace the existing file and restart MM
cheers
let me know of issues
Last edited by Drewbie on Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:10 am, edited 5 times in total.
the world is yourz. Keep up wit da scorz I have time for discourse if u really need help I might could figure it out fo shorez ....latz
Drewbie

Post by Drewbie »

now i look at it its clear which statements I added ...my two if statements have lowercase i's , the rest have upper case I's
If you use MM- Ultimate Skin which looks kinda like a black WMP skin then their is this huge grey blue panel that you can use
to put a floating lyric window on and then you can turn the panel off and save the real estate...I like the floating window to the panel
if you have issues turning floating off or on let me know ... use the icon in the task bar fly out and select floating lyrics , then turn the panel off
and move the float to a good spot and make sure the background is set to fade out on floating part not or and regular....

If minilyrics 'hiccups' the song while downloading the only thing I can think of that would cause this is some weird file structure that MM
organizes yer files or you dont organize your files or it is saving lyrics to a protected location that requires admin rights to save to
to defeat this first make sure that ML DL lyrics to the songs directory, not yer C:\Lyrics folder which you cant delete :( ...
If that doesnt fix it check yer file structure make it simple like [drive]:\<main dir>\<album artist>\<album>\<track#> - <Tittle>
set this mask up in auto organize and let it organize yer files that should help ...hicccups should only be caused by the system trying to
find the dir to save in or having trouble saving ..... also right click media monkey in task manager and set to high priority this usually
solves regular 'skipping' issues and might solve yers too....

I do not experience this problem and do not want to try to re-create it so let me know if that helps or what happens if not
we'll try to get more crazy on it ... maybe send me a pm until we can narrow it down

..... I dream of the day when I can type ... sudo apt-get install mediamonkey
the world is yourz. Keep up wit da scorz I have time for discourse if u really need help I might could figure it out fo shorez ....latz
dr_snuggles

Re: Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM4 in portable mode]

Post by dr_snuggles »

first off ml and embedder works as aspected using mm4.

trying the portable mode on different folder location the ml window cant be embedded.i get these error messages on startup.

(2nd img says some required modul couldnt be found)

i tried on 2 machines so far, ml installed on both (same path), music location is same, only difference is mm path.

not a real solution but installing the exe again on new location will fix it until i start from a different location (maybe changing some registry entries like 'Inno Setup: App Path' or 'installlocation' will fix,too)
maybe theres a way to install files avoiding portable start into ml folder and change script to seek files there in a next release.
rose-m

Post by rose-m »

To be honest I am going to uninstall minilyrics. In the beginning it worked fine, so I even payed for it. Now whatever I try, it works fine 2-3 times, and then the same embedding problems come back. I went through all these pages, tried about every solution. Wrote their official support 3 times, never got an answer or even an acknowledgement.
Let's be honest, MiniLyrics sucks. Don't buy it.

edited for some missing letters
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

rose-m wrote:To be honest I am going to uninstall minilyrics. In the beginning it worked fine, so I even payed for it. Now whatever I try, it works fine 2-3 times, and then the same embedding problems come back. I went through all these pages, tried about every solution. Wrote their official support 3 times, never got an answer or even an acknowledgement.
Let's be honest, MiniLyrics sucks. Don't buy it.

edited for some missing letters
I disagree, Minilyrics works perfectly with MM3 and also with the 4.0 beta. I have not had any issues with it nor with the embedder.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rose-m

Post by rose-m »

That still leaves 48 pages of people needing help, others also uninstalling it.
What get's me the most is that request for help by the author go unanswered.
dr_snuggles

Post by dr_snuggles »

nohitter151 wrote:I disagree, Minilyrics works perfectly with MM3 and also with the 4.0 beta. I have not had any issues with it nor with the embedder.
can u get rid of the caption in mm4?

rose-m minilyrics rocks, im sure once mm4 is in release state there will be embedder improvements.
for now just reinstall the embedder and it should work fine
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

rose-m wrote:That still leaves 48 pages of people needing help, others also uninstalling it.
What get's me the most is that request for help by the author go unanswered.
Well those people probably just haven't followed the suggestions made in this very thread to make it work.

I'm really not sure what "request for help by the author" you're referring to.
dr_snuggles wrote:can u get rid of the caption in mm4?
Someone posted some code in this thread to hide the caption natively in the script, but other than doing it that way there isn't a way to hide it in MM4 yet.

rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

If by "caption" you mean "title bar" there is a script called Behind Titlebars that does the trick very nicely. Look for it in the "help with add-on" section. Don't know if it works in MM4, though.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

rrfpacker wrote:Don't know if it works in MM4, though.
It doesn't. That's why I said the only way would be to modify the script as it was posted earlier in the thread for MM4.

Steegy

Post by Steegy »

FYI: For MM4 I'll make a MM Installation Package for this script. The actual embedding doesn't happen in the script, but in the script's accompanying dll file which needs to be 'registered' in Windows. The exe installer is used for this, but now also MM installation packages can do that (though I haven't tested yet).

Except hiding the panel's caption bar, there's probably nothing else I can change to the script. If you see some possible improvements, please let me know.

In some occasions embedding MiniLyrics into MediaMonkey gives problems, but I'm affraid there's nothing that the script (or dll) can do about that. It's just something that isn't supposed to be done in Windows, so actually it's normal that it can cause problems. Better would be if MiniLyrics could embed itself in MM, or if MM had some kind of interface with which MiniLyrics could work to integrate in MM. But that's not in my control.

Cheers,
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Aff

Post by Aff »

When I start MediaMonkey the first time after a reboot of my PC a MiniLyrics setup screen is shown where I have to choose MediaMonkey to start up. It doesn't occur for any following close/start of MediaMonkey, i.e. it behaves as expected by just showing the lyrics then, but only until the next reboot.
A complete un-/reinstall of MiniLyrics didn't help.
Does anybody know this problem or have an idea what could cause it?