Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Karoga

Re: Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Post by Karoga »

Boy do I feel stupid. That fixed it immediately, thanks a lot bruv
:wink:
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

How do I totally remove the Add on? Can't find it ...
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MaximusPrime wrote:How do I totally remove the Add on? Can't find it ...
Via add/remove programs in the windows control panel.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
at_oussama

Post by at_oussama »

IMPORTANT FIX:

For all Mediamonkey users who got the error "minilyrics couldn't be embedded. Possibly its window, or the embedder window, isn't visible." here is a fix for the problem, provided by Crintsoft itself: http://www.crintsoft.com/MediaMonkey-lyrics.htm

If you already done steps 1,2 and 3, the download the file at step 4 and:

- Extract the downloaded file.
- Open folder: C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto
- Remove file: MMEmbedder.dll
- Replace file: MiniLyrics Embedder.vbs
kingguru

Post by kingguru »

worked for me! one of the most annoying and persistent errors I've had, gone at last!

can't thank you enough for the news, at_oussama. it's one adrenaline burst less a day.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Can anyone confirm if they've either HAD PROBLEMS with MM4.1 portable debug and MiniLyrics 7.6.35 (or if they've got it working, and how they resolved any issues)?

First time I've tried MM4 debug.

After removing the dll and replacing the vbs, I get a blank panel. Unchecked always on top and skin set to plain... Once, I was prompted to search for lyrics, but even then the panel wasn't populated.

Rather not reinstall different versions, may just have to do without MiniLyrics :(

Thanks again guys
Grateful noob
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

UPDATE: After undoing the "update embedder" advised (remove .dll and replace the embedder) I went to modify the original embedder auto script, commenting out

Code: Select all

'    EmbedTriesCount = EmbedTriesCount + 1
'    If Not Embedder.EmbedWindow Then
'        If EmbedTriesCount >= EmbedTriesMax Then
'            Script.UnRegisterEvents EmbedTmr
'            Set EmbedTmr = Nothing
'            SDB.MessageBox "MiniLyrics couldn't be embedded. Possibly its window, or the embedder window, isn't visible.", mtError, Array(mbOK)
'        End If
'        Exit Sub
'    End If
the panel is working but I'm getting the error message that it can't embed... do I really have to put 32-bit apps in my 64-bit program files folder?!

Running in debug mode... would a log be generated anywhere showing error messages from the embedder?

Thanks
Grateful noob
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

zephyr wrote:Can anyone confirm if they've either HAD PROBLEMS with MM4.1 portable debug and MiniLyrics 7.6.35 (or if they've got it working, and how they resolved any issues)?
Never tried it with portable but the regular beta version (as of build 1670) and the embedder works fine for me with current Minilyrics.
zephyr wrote: do I really have to put 32-bit apps in my 64-bit program files folder?!
I don't understand what you're asking here.
zephyr wrote:Running in debug mode... would a log be generated anywhere showing error messages from the embedder?

Thanks
Nothing useful, unfortunately.

gms

Post by gms »

Does anybody know what's the matter with the servers and I can't download any lyrics?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

gms wrote:Does anybody know what's the matter with the servers and I can't download any lyrics?
Part of the server is down. See this help article on their page: http://crintsoft.com/mlfaq-ineterror.htm

If you click the "Click here to check if our server is okay" link, it works, but then click "Log in" and there is no result.

gms

Post by gms »

nohitter151 wrote:If you click the "Click here to check if our server is okay" link, it works, but then click "Log in" and there is no result.
Yup,that's what happens. Tried to contact them earlier today as well, no response so far.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

gms wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:If you click the "Click here to check if our server is okay" link, it works, but then click "Log in" and there is no result.
Yup,that's what happens. Tried to contact them earlier today as well, no response so far.
It's back up now.

m.ryan

Post by m.ryan »

um yeah so hi again lol.
sorry i get blond moments sometimes.

so i have a problem with my embedded ML... i've been using it for years, had it on my previous laptop with the vista on it and it worked perfectly. i've switched to a new pc and windows8 downloaded the MM and ML and it was all working without a flaw for a few weeks now. not too sure when the problem started but i only noticed it today when i wanted to manually search for a lyric to a song, due to the one automatically found wasnt that perfect. so i noticed i cant ''right click'' on MM embedded window. just can't. the app is working otherwise but i cant click on it. which basically means i cant search for lyrics or change them nor the colour schemes and all that. so im just a bit annoyed by this.
i've read a few pages in this topic but i havent seen anyone reporting a similar problem or a solution to it so i thought i'd ask myself. if anyone knows what might have caused this and how to solve it? and please do keep it simple lol.
thanx for the help in advance!!!

-M
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

m.ryan wrote:um yeah so hi again lol.

so i have a problem with my embedded ML... i've been using it for years, had it on my previous laptop with the vista on it and it worked perfectly. i've switched to a new pc and windows8 downloaded the MM and ML and it was all working without a flaw for a few weeks now. not too sure when the problem started but i only noticed it today when i wanted to manually search for a lyric to a song, due to the one automatically found wasnt that perfect. so i noticed i cant ''right click'' on MM embedded window. just can't. the app is working otherwise but i cant click on it. which basically means i cant search for lyrics or change them nor the colour schemes and all that. so im just a bit annoyed by this.
i've read a few pages in this topic but i havent seen anyone reporting a similar problem or a solution to it so i thought i'd ask myself. if anyone knows what might have caused this and how to solve it? and please do keep it simple lol.

-M
It works ok for me on Windows 8. Where are you clicking?

m.ryan

Post by m.ryan »

nohitter151 wrote:
m.ryan wrote:um yeah so hi again lol.

-M
It works ok for me on Windows 8. Where are you clicking?

where i have always clicked on the minilyrics embedded panel in mediamonkey. a menu would normally appear but now nothing happens. i cant remember the menu exactly but its the basic one where you have the options to search for lyrics, preferences, floating lyrics... options and all that. the menu wont show. i cant explain it better than this ://.

p.s. it worked for me ok as well on windows 8 for like a week or so and then it just stopped. dunno why or how or exactly when.