AdvancedReportModify

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

miko

Post by miko »

Hello (it is mikeym - I joined up! :)), I quite like the 'no image' thing for the 'Top Albums' thing on the main page, but, thinking about it, it doesn't work so well for the 'Album Art List'.

To spell it out: there should either be an option to not show the 'no art' image on album art page or it should just not be shown at all on the page.
kanski

Post by kanski »

Anonymous wrote:Oh and one other thing (i really should register..):

The download link: http://kanski.narod.ru/download/ARModify2.29beta.zip doesn't seem to work. http://kanski.narod.ru/download/ARModify2.29.zip does though. :D
Sorry! Fixed!
kanski

Post by kanski »

miko wrote:Hello (it is mikeym - I joined up! :)), I quite like the 'no image' thing for the 'Top Albums' thing on the main page, but, thinking about it, it doesn't work so well for the 'Album Art List'.

To spell it out: there should either be an option to not show the 'no art' image on album art page or it should just not be shown at all on the page.
OK, i'll remove 'no art' image from album art page - it's right.
kanski

Post by kanski »

New build: AdvancedReport Modify 2.32

What's new in 2.32?

* Fixed 'no image' on album art pages (now not show)
* Fixed bug: one setting not save in ini file
* Special for MCSmarties and Hantsman (only for ver.2.32, for next version read in posts below)
Add option to edit the "statistics" page, for example I would rather have it show my top 10 "Styles" (which I store in <Custom1>) than the top "Genres"

Open script file in notepad, find lines, remove 3 comments (') :

Code: Select all

'%%%%%% Top 10 Genres %%%%%
  SQL = "SELECT TOP 10 Genres.IDGenre, Genres.GenreName AS MainField, Count(Songs.ID) AS CountOfID, Sum(SongLength) as TotalLength, Sum(FileLength) as TotalFileLength FROM Songs INNER JOIN Genres ON Songs.Genre = Genres.IDGenre GROUP BY Genres.IDGenre, Genres.GenreName ORDER BY Count(Songs.ID) DESC"
  TableName = "TOP 10 Genres"
  FieldName = "Genre"
  '%%%% OR Top 10 Custom1 %%%%
  'SQL = "SELECT TOP 10 Custom1 AS MainField, Count(ID) AS CountOfID, Sum(SongLength) as TotalLength, Sum(FileLength) as TotalFileLength FROM Songs GROUP BY Custom1 ORDER BY Count(ID) DESC"
  'TableName = "TOP 10 =Custom1 Name="
  'FieldName = "=Custom1 Name="
  '%%%% end %%%%%%
Example (also you may change Top name and Field name):

'%%%%%% Top 10 Genres %%%%%
  'SQL = "SELECT TOP 10 Genres.IDGenre, Genres.GenreName AS MainField, Count(Songs.ID) AS CountOfID, Sum(SongLength) as TotalLength, Sum(FileLength) as TotalFileLength FROM Songs INNER JOIN Genres ON Songs.Genre = Genres.IDGenre GROUP BY Genres.IDGenre, Genres.GenreName ORDER BY Count(Songs.ID) DESC"
  'TableName = "TOP 10 Genres"
  'FieldName = "Genre"
  '%%%% OR Top 10 Custom1 %%%%
  SQL = "SELECT TOP 10 Custom1 AS MainField, Count(ID) AS CountOfID, Sum(SongLength) as TotalLength, Sum(FileLength) as TotalFileLength FROM Songs GROUP BY Custom1 ORDER BY Count(ID) DESC"
  TableName = "TOP 10 =Custom1 Name="
  FieldName = "=Custom1 Name="
  '%%%% end %%%%%%
DOWNLOAD PAGE
Last edited by kanski on Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
miko

Post by miko »

Yay, thanks for the speedy updates!

My lips are closed for now - I can't think of anything eles!
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

@ Kanski

Thank you for this fantastic script, an excellent report.

Apologies if this has been discussed before (I couldn't see it anywhere)

Is it possible to upload this to a web page for viewing, if so, what is required to do this,
or if this is not possible,
what would be required to email the output file to someone so they could see my collection within their web browser.

Thanks
miko

Post by miko »

paulmt wrote:@ Kanski

Thank you for this fantastic script, an excellent report.

Apologies if this has been discussed before (I couldn't see it anywhere)

Is it possible to upload this to a web page for viewing, if so, what is required to do this,
or if this is not possible,
what would be required to email the output file to someone so they could see my collection within their web browser.

Thanks
Hello, I've put this up onto a website via Tripod (Link and might be able tohelp you out. Before I start, I've used Tripod because it is free and allows you to upload zip files in bulk - which is very handy when you come to uploading all those images!

First I run the script. :)

Next I go to my folder that I have saved the outputs in - e.g. 'C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts'.

The following files need to be uploaded to your website's main directory:

index.html --- (this will make the output your homepage)
style.css
style_ie.css
the main directory will/should be 'http://yourwebpage.com/'

All the other files need to go into sub-directories and will be in your output folder.

The folders you need are:

img0
img1
main
alb
arti
cap
year
genre
this should give you, for example, the sub-directory 'http://yourwebpage.com/cap/'

although the website will work fine without the 'img0' directory as this just contains the star images!

To upload the files quickly I put each of the files in each of the folders into .zip archives. If you don't have a program to do this - get 7zip or Winzip.

If you do this right you'll get a .zip file for all the folders (although I don't need to with my 'main' folder as it only has 3 files).

Another thing is that you can quite easily update your site by reuploading the files - but you wont need to reupload any of the files in the 'img0' folder or the style.css/style_ie.css files. Unless, of course, Kanski alters these files (even then, it should still work).

Hope that helps - feel free to ask if that doesn't make any sense!
Last edited by miko on Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Thank you that's brilliant.

I'll be doing this over the next couple of days.

Again, thank's for your very precise help.

Paul
miko

Post by miko »

paulmt wrote:Thank you that's brilliant.

I'll be doing this over the next couple of days.

Again, thank's for your very precise help.

Paul
No problemo.

Just make certain you know how to upload files in bulk and that your webserver will let you do this (it took me a while to find one that uploaded and extracted the .zip files) - it'll take you forever to do it a file at a time/in small batches!

Good luck!
kanski

Post by kanski »

miko,

big thanks :D
miko

Post by miko »

No problem!

I suppose your trying to work out why I'm paying so much attention to this project:
kanski wrote:
mikeym wrote:All working now!

page

Love it - an option to include recent tracks/whatever via last.fm would be great also!
GOOD!
It didn't take me long to code (and I bet you could do it in half the time it took me), but I've added a couple of new variables to your already kick ass script (one for the last.fm username and the other for the chart style) along with the lines of code needed.

ATM it just shoves two charts at the bottom of the main index page that aren't really possible using mediamonkey's database - Weekly Charts and Recently Played Tracks.

I'm quite happy with it as it is as I've just copped the option to not show the chart from your 'album art mode' combo box. ;)

But I'm not going to post the code just yet - I want to add a few more chart options (ones that follow the nice blue colour theme) first and clean up the code I've left all over the place. :lol:

EDIT: just found the option to have time straps on/off and to pick how many lines you want! So that'll keep me busy for a while..

Post by Guest »

Hi kanski,
Thanks for the update! It's great to be able to change that statistics page.
Great job as usual!

There's one thing I don't like about the new version though:
in earlier versions two columns would appear - albums on the left and artists on the right.
Now artists end up BELOW albums which IMO is a bit of a waste of screen space.
Do you think you could restore the original layout or at least give an option to do so?
Thanks a lot!

PS: Another idea (I know it would pronbably take a bit to implement):
do you think it would be possible to create a link between other fields than just album and artist?
For instance, so I could click on year, genre etc... and find "more from the same"...
MCSmarties

Post by MCSmarties »

Oops - forgot to login. The post above was from me.
kanski

Post by kanski »

Advanced Report Modify 2.70
MCSmarties wrote:There's one thing I don't like about the new version though:
in earlier versions two columns would appear - albums on the left and artists on the right.
Now artists end up BELOW albums which IMO is a bit of a waste of screen space.
Try new version Advanced Report Modify and please report me about result. I change code in procedure which generated content pages and I change style files. And in my report displayed two columns - albums on the left and artists on the right.
MCSmarties and Hantsman wrote:Add option to edit the "statistics" page, for example I would rather have it show my top 10 "Styles" (which I store in <Custom1>) than the top "Genres"
DONE!!! Added tables mask for statistic page (Top albums, Total, Top10 artists, Top10 genres, Top10 years, Genres, Years, Custom1, Custom2, Custom3)
MCSmarties wrote:PS: Another idea (I know it would pronbably take a bit to implement):
do you think it would be possible to create a link between other fields than just album and artist?
For instance, so I could click on year, genre etc... and find "more from the same"...
DONE!!! New links, new pages (year, genre)

Full list of changes:
*New procedure for creation tables on statistic page (one procedure for all tables)
*New sql query for generation on statistic page (check for prerequisites in query)
*New browse pages: by year, by genre with links between pages. Recommendation: use Year and Genre in album mask!!!
*Union procedure for creation pages by year, pages by genre. Possible use for another fields.
*Cheking Year field for minimal value = 1900
*Added tables mask: select tables which you see on statistic page!

KNOWN ISSUE:
Trouble with album year and album genre. Only if you have compilation albums where tracks from album have different year or genre. You can get not worked links in tables on statistic page.

Download page
miko

Post by miko »

I just found out that my site doesn't use anywhere near it's bandwidth limit, so I made a mirror of the two downloads:

(right click=>Save As)
.zip
.exe

------

Anyway, I love excellent new features!

After a small poke around I found only a couple of small things;

. if the Top Albums list isn't extended you end up having the last list (by default the 'years' list) hanging in the middle of nowhere . - But this is easily fixed by extending the Top Albums list (like i have).

. and I also noticed that the 'Statistic by year' title should have the y as a captial. :lol:

Apart from those tiny niggles, I have no request or complaints that I can see/think of at the moment.
Last edited by miko on Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:47 am, edited 2 times in total.