Obtaining data from the Ripping results?

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

paulyphonica

Obtaining data from the Ripping results?

Post by paulyphonica »

Hi All,

I would like to use the data obtained from the CD Ripping to tag my songs, and wondering if there is any way to do this. The use for this is that there is potentially valuable data in these tracks that can help me when I am setting the Quality of my rip. In particular, the number of jitter errors encountered, the result of the track verification process (bad rip, errors encountered, data corrupt?), and possibly even the "confidence number". All of this information is displayed in the Ripping results dialog.

What I would like to do is to write a script that would be notified when a track is ripped, or an entire ripping session is completed, and query this data so that I can save it in one my custom tags, and/or in my Quality tag. For example, if something came back as a bad rip, or more than a certain number of jitter corrections, I could tag this as Quality=Fair, which would allow me to come back and inspect it later on by listening. Without this, I often won't discover an audible artifact in a rip until I am listening in my car, or on a non-MM device, where I cannot update the library that I've found a new track that needs attention.

Thank you!