mp3tag's allmusic.com implementation

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Steegy

Post by Steegy »

I think these on-close errors are caused by some script (e.g. TweakMonkey on MM2.5), and not by WST because I've never seen this problem with WST.
Are you sure (you may have to experiment a bit) that the error is caused by WST?

BTW: No, you don't need the Development Kit for .Net framework (DevKits are only for software developers, not the users).
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Mad Lib

Post by Mad Lib »

Ahhh I see, I'll tinker around wit TweakMonkey and see if it fixes the problem. It only started doing it after I installed WST though., I'll uninstall TweakMonkey and see if thats it. Nice program BTW. Keep ya posted.
Mad Lib

Post by Mad Lib »

You were right it was tweakmonkey. So I just uninstalled it to fix the problem. Only used tweakmonkey to hide some nodes and playback after restart anyways. Thx.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Yeah, for some unknown reason, TweakMonkey gives problems when MM 2.5 exits. MM 3.0 shouldn't have this problem anymore.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
thejayj

Improving Allmusic script

Post by thejayj »

Hey everybody (Steegy especially),

I stumbled across this guy's site in which he created a perl script for Allmusic to help bring up better matches for Greatest Hits albums. I'm not sure about you guys but I can't tag any Greatest Hits albums from Allmusic. You never are able to get the artist to match. I'm sure we're all suffering from this problem. Unfortunately, I have quite a few Greatest Hits and love AllMusic's tagging capabilities (theme, style, mood, etc.)

I'm not sure where this guy is on his idea (this was back in '05) but it might be something to look into and maybe even contact him about to improve the allmusic script.

He talks about it and gives out the script here:

http://krkeegan.com/archives/24-Allmusi ... Fixer.html

Check it out. It's pretty interesting.

peace
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Don't worry about AllMusic. I say no more, you'll see... :P

Addition: OK, this is the last hint.
Last edited by Steegy on Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thejayj

Post by thejayj »

I'm already salivating at the mouth Steegy.
:P
Bex

Post by Bex »

Cool Steegy! 8)
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Steegy wrote:Don't worry about AllMusic. I say no more, you'll see... :P

Addition: OK, this is the last hint.
Hmmm, why shouldn't we worry. Are the Dev's implementing AMG into MM to replace Amazon & FreeDB, to finally bury WMP forever? No? I must have been dreaming :'(
judas

Post by judas »

That's really interesting Mr. Steegy
Cheers, judas
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Mr.?

Mizery_Made, check out the "last hint" I gave...
mattisse

Post by mattisse »

Hello Steegy,

I'm looking for a way to convert the search string that WST gets from MM to lower case.

With mp3tag this can be achieved by putting
[SearchBy]=$lower(%artist%) into the source file. But WST does not recognize this and leaves the search field empty.

Can such a case conversion done in WST somehow?
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Hey Mattisse

Can you find me a list of all the scripting commands that can be used like that, in scripts for Mp3Tag? Or can all of these be used? (If I have to add one, I can add more easily).

May I ask in what cases you need to use $lower() in a web source script?

Cheers
Steegy
Last edited by Steegy on Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mattisse

Post by mattisse »

Besides the the scripting funtions I only know about the short list with commands for the Web Sources Framework: http://www.mp3tag.de/en/help/main_online.html

I'm about to finish a web source script for rateyourmusic.com. Unfortunately unlike discogs their artist index URLs are case-sensitive. E.g. rateyourmusic.com/artist/Queen doesn't work, only rateyourmusic.com/artist/queen exists. Therefor the search string %artist% needs to be lower-cased before the user starts a query.

I found the hint with $lower in the mp3tag forum:
http://www.anytag.de/forums/index.php?showtopic=3617
And it works indeed. But that's probably the only case where the scripting commands can be used in a web source script.
easye

How is everybody using Tagging Masks?

Post by easye »

I've been using this script for quite a while and love it. I just wanted to ask other's opinions on how they are using the Tagging Masks Options.

I use the allmusic script pretty much exclusively and here is what I use:
Comment: %review%
Custom1: Styles: %style%
Custom2: Themes: %theme%
Custom3: Moods: %mood%
Mood: %mood%

I realize there is duplication between Custom3 and Mood, but I figured I might as well have the data there in case I need it in the future. Plus the Mood tag will show up in other applications (I believe).

Also, now that I have all the info on Style, Theme, Mood I haven't really used it yet. I'm assuming it is helpful for building playlists, etc. But I haven't yet gotten to that step. I'm already plenty busy trying to get my library fully tagged.

How are people using these masks differently? I was just interested in getting other ideas.

Thanks.