Soundcloud integreation

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nazikus

Soundcloud integreation

Post by nazikus »

Hi,

Note, I'm a developer myself but never had an experience with MM scripting, winamp plugins or anything similar.

I would like to have my SoundCloud (SC) playlist to be streamed via MM, but not sure if its possible. Before diving into MM scripting/pluging dev, I've decided to post few questions here first:
  • 1. Is it possible to stream music from web services like SC using MM scripting?
    2. Or do I need WinAmp plugin for this? If yes, which type of WinAMP Plugin?
    3. Is it possible to control MM playback timeline? (to sync with SC stream)
    4. Is it possible to create a custom tree node in Media Tree? (to display SC playlist)
So, ultimately I would like to see my SC playlist in one of the MM Media Tree nodes, and be able to stream a song from that playlist via regular MM Play/Stop/... controls.
What is the feasible way to achieve something similar if not exactly as described above.

Thank you
Nazar
trixmoto

Re: Soundcloud integreation

Post by trixmoto »

I've not looked specifically at SoundCloud, but it is possible for MM to stream music from a cloud account, as long as you can get access. I wrote an "MP3 Tunes Locker" script a while ago which did this - it had to update the access token in all of the songs each time you logged in, as the access key made up the URL of the track. You can just update the path using the script though, so it should be possible.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.