ScrobblerDJ v1.26, Let your music free!!!

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Chake

Re: Working version in MM3!

Post by Chake »

dressen wrote:Hi everyone,

This is one my favorite scripts and I had to see it working in MM3. I'm pleased to say I've gotten it working (first real MM scripting I've done).

Here is a link to a working version of ScrobblerDJ.vbs for MM3:
http://www.mediafire.com/?bnbu3ythf0j

Install ScrobblerDj as normal, then overwrite ScrobblerDJ.vbs with this version and it should work.

This version is not backwards compatible and will not work with MM2.x.

I've placed the comment "MM3 " wherever I made a change.

Enjoy!
NICE! It works fine, beautiful - thank you. Now my MM3 is really ready for being used!
Peke

Post by Peke »

:oops: I shouldn't say this but I'm also working on ScrobblerDJ and much better compatibility in MM3 :) + Few tweaks that MM3 made possible :)

Edit: Any thanges you do here could be easily added to new one when I make it work Like I wanted.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
nojac

Post by nojac »

I tried to install Dressen's MM3 version. But I get an error message:

Error #13: VB Runtime Error
....................'CInt'
File: C:\...................MediaMonkey\scripts\ScrobblerDJ.vbs Line 298 Coloumn 16
Any idea what happened? (AutoDJ and Shuffle are disabled. I installed the MM2 version and then replaced the ScrobblerDJ.vbs file with Dressen's)
dressen

Post by dressen »

nojac wrote:I tried to install Dressen's MM3 version. But I get an error message:

Error #13: VB Runtime Error
....................'CInt'
File: C:\...................MediaMonkey\scripts\ScrobblerDJ.vbs Line 298 Coloumn 16
Any idea what happened? (AutoDJ and Shuffle are disabled. I installed the MM2 version and then replaced the ScrobblerDJ.vbs file with Dressen's)
It looks like it is trying to parse the match node from XML then convert it to integer. Whatever value it is getting is not a number so it can't convert it. The XML returned from last.fm looks like this:

Code: Select all

<artist>
<name>My Morning Jacket</name>
<mbid>ea5883b7-68ce-48b3-b115-61746ea53b8c</mbid>
<match>65.83</match>
<url>http://www.last.fm/music/My+Morning+Jacket</url>
<image_small>http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/50/53971.jpg</image_small>
<image>http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/160/53971.jpg</image>
<streamable>1</streamable>
</artist>
As you can see, the match node should be a number. Can you turn on debug node and run it on the track you are receiving the error on then send the last few hundred lines of the log. You can send it via email/PM if you'd like and I'll take a look.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I believe a fix for the cint error was posted a few pages back.

At some point last.fm changed or has some artists added with invalid (or non-standard) data.
nojac

Post by nojac »

Yes, you are right, Teknojnky. On page 43 (11.-12. May 2007) the cInt error is adressed:
psyXonova wrote:cotp
I found a good way to finally fix that bug, along with another one that caused SDj not to write its default settings at the first start (the presence of this bug was reminded to me by your log where most settings are zeros, which in turn should cause more troubles [e.g. a timeout setting equal to 0 means that SDj will never manage to download the files needed from LAST.FM])

You can download the new version from the first post of this thread (filename has not changed) and reinstall it.
I have no idea how to change the MM3 version of the script to solve the problem , though.....
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Peke wrote::oops: I shouldn't say this but I'm also working on ScrobblerDJ and much better compatibility in MM3 :) + Few tweaks that MM3 made possible :)
A couple of thoughts re this excellent script

1. The main reason for the playlist "wandering"is the contents of the default playlist. If multiple selectable default playlists were possible then you could use defaults with narrower parameters which would reduce "wandering". For example you could have a blues default playlist or a country default playlist. This would require a drop list in the options that sourced from the playlists in MM3. I guess this is possible now but requires typing in a new default playlist each time

2. The script could become an excellent playlist generator rather like MusicIP Mixer but using a different ( lastFM) selection base. This could be achieved by having an option to run the script to generate a.m3u playlist rather than loading the actual tracks to play. This would allow some editing of the playlist before playing to remove the occaisonal clunker.

Apologies if these ideas have already been noted in the previous 49 pages.
Peke

Post by Peke »

1. Is possible in MM3 as you can make One playlist reference to another playlist and ...

2. This is job for another script Related to Last.FM services and it should not be mixed with this one, but some parts of code could be used in that script.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
dressen

Post by dressen »

I'll have an updated version of the MM3 script available tonight. The problem was I was using a beta version of the script without the CInt fix as the base. I just need to merge the updates.
nojac wrote:Yes, you are right, Teknojnky. On page 43 (11.-12. May 2007) the cInt error is adressed:
psyXonova wrote:cotp
I found a good way to finally fix that bug, along with another one that caused SDj not to write its default settings at the first start (the presence of this bug was reminded to me by your log where most settings are zeros, which in turn should cause more troubles [e.g. a timeout setting equal to 0 means that SDj will never manage to download the files needed from LAST.FM])

You can download the new version from the first post of this thread (filename has not changed) and reinstall it.
I have no idea how to change the MM3 version of the script to solve the problem , though.....
Diabolic-Destiny

Post by Diabolic-Destiny »

hey dressen can u make it query Album Artist instead of the artist field

when i have songs featuring I usually put the featured artists in the artist section and the album artist will be the original artist
dressen

Post by dressen »

dressen wrote:I'll have an updated version of the MM3 script available tonight. The problem was I was using a beta version of the script without the CInt fix as the base. I just need to merge the updates.
As promised, here's the updated version of the MM3 script based on the most recent 1.26 version.

http://www.mediafire.com/?8dvicx0ndcc

Install ScrobblerDj as normal, then overwrite ScrobblerDJ.vbs with this version and it should work.

This version is not backwards compatible and will not work with MM2.x.
nojac

Post by nojac »

Thank you, dressen. It is working as it should now.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Dressen, you may want to also include the fix post here which helps prevent SDJ from not finding tracks when it should.
dressen

Post by dressen »

Teknojnky wrote:Dressen, you may want to also include the fix post here which helps prevent SDJ from not finding tracks when it should.
Hi there,

The most version should have all the supplemental updates from this thread, including that NotTooSoon fix and the URLEncode fix.
A_Disciple

Thanks

Post by A_Disciple »

I would also like to extend my appreciation to psyXonova and all others for their work with this script - it is a great concept and worked beautifully in MM2.

I would like to thank dressen for making it MM3 compatible - strong work my friend. Thanks!
1. MM4 Gold 4.1.7.1739
2. Windows 7 64-bit
3. 8GB RAM, Intel X9650