Advanced Report 6.4 - Updated 24/06/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Post by Guest »

Trix,

Ignore what I just said. I've just realised that <Bombs> does the same thing as <Stars> but with the bomb included. So there's a choice.

Brilliant.

Thank you very much.
TheDude

Post by TheDude »

trixmoto wrote:Which tab exactly do you wish to remove? The summary section with the totals?
THe one displayed at the end of each letter where the artists are listed.
(top)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@Guest - I thought it was easier (as there was a split of opinions) to have both options. Is <Bombs> exactly what you wanted?

@TheDude - If you don't wish the link "(top)" to be displayed then in the script find line 502:

Code: Select all

fout.WriteLine "<h2><a name='"&cap&"'>"&MapXML(cap)&"</a> (<a href='#top'>top</a>)</h2>"
and replace it with this line:

Code: Select all

fout.WriteLine "<h2><a name='"&cap&"'>"&MapXML(cap)&"</a></h2>"
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
JhotIII

Post by JhotIII »

Hi
I use <Custom 1> to store a link to artist website. Can that show up as an html link in the report?
JhotIII

Post by JhotIII »

I found that by adding a line after this one
cust1 = itm.Custom1
cust1 = "<a href='http://"&cust1&"'>"&itm.Custom1&"</a>"
I get what I want. Must standarise on web adress without "http://" in front in my <Custom 1> field though.
Thx for the script
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I was going to say that I could parse each of the fields for "http://" and convert them into links, but as your request is rather unique and you've found the solution I probably won't - unless I now get flooded with requests! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Hey Trix,

I don't know if this is better on this thread or a new one...

What do you think of the idea of creating a section for "Incomplete Albums" in this report, or preferably a new separate report?

This might make it easier to figure out which CD's I need to re-rip or otherwise acquire.

Since we normally won't know which specific tracks are missing, simply listing the artist - album #tracks_in_library/#max_track_number_in_library would suffice for me.

ex:
AC/DC - Who Made Who - 5/9

Including any album art like the advanced report would be swell too, that way easy to visually identify albums.

Being able to sort asc/desc by the #tracks_in_library would be bonus.
modtang

Post by modtang »

This is an awesome report maker. My only gripe... my html file is over 7MB. A way to make one file per letter of the alphabet might be a nice idea, if possible. :lol:

Been looking for an easy way to make a list of everything i own for a long time tho so thank you very much for this. 8)

Post by Guest »

modtang,

Give this a try.

In Advanced Report - Options

Select 'Separate artist and album files?' by checking the box. Re-run the Report.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.5) has better aligned images, and access keys! :)

:o NEW CODE BELOW :o
Last edited by trixmoto on Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
AndySocial

Two minor issues

Post by AndySocial »

Wow! This script does almost exactly what I wanted for so long and couldn't figure out how to do. Thanks so much.

With the obligatory suckup out of the way, I've got three bugs/issues to note.

First, the image links in the HTML files are created with a backslash instead of a regular slash - this is not valid HTML and on my Unix host it creates a page of broken images. I hacked the script to replace the images\ with images/ and it works perfectly.

Second thing, when the script creates the album 0 and artist 0 files, it then deletes them after creating the rest of the files. This must make sense to you, but it creates a broken link at the beginning of my main index, since I do have a link to Artist Unknown that links to Artist 0 - but artist 0 is no longer there. I hacked the script to remove the if statement that removes those two files, and it seems to make sense to me now. Like I said, I'm sure you have a reason to nuke those files, but I'm darned if I'm smart enough to figure out why.

And finally, if tracks have no Album Artist, it creates an artist page with no album links at all. Not sure how to fix that one, besides making sure all tracks have album artist fields (I've got about 20 thousand tracks, so this could be a lot of error checking on my part).

Again, thanks for your work on this script - it's awesome.
apostasy

Post by apostasy »

i can't download the scripts from your site. Can you send me the script via e-mail?
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

apostasy wrote:i can't download the scripts from your site. Can you send me the script via e-mail?
He posted the script 2 or 3 posts above yours :wink:
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@AndySocial:
- 1) I've found that "images\" works fine on my computer, and my webserver. Changing it to "images/" doesn't work on my computer. At least you've managed to fix this for yourself though.

- 2) The "...0.htm" files don't need to be there at all, they're only there to stop the delete failing if the user cancels the script early on. Where are you getting broken links?

- 3) No album artist is a problem. There's a rather nasty way round it which I did start to implement, but early tests proved it would take hours to run the report! I would have been able to refine that, but not significantly. If I think of a different way to solve it, I will! :)

@apostasy:
- the source code for the script is posted above. Why can you not download the scripts from my website? Are you getting an error?
AndySocial

0 Files

Post by AndySocial »

The forward slash versus backslash thing is something that only comes up with Windows machines - nobody else uses the backslash to mean a directory break. Sadly, we are stuck with 90+ percent of the PC industry being Windows but 80% of the web host industry being Unix. Always leads to fun.

If I don't snag the 0 files while it's generating and then copy them back, I get a 404 when it is done with the first link. My main page shows "Artist Unknown" at the top, and that links to the Artist 0.htm file. So, if I don't have an Artist 0.htm file, 404. Then, if I grab the Artist 0.htm file at the beginning of the process (since it seems to be created almost first thing) and restore it later, going to the Artist 0.htm file produces a single "Album Unknown" link, which leads to Album 0.htm - same process again.

Of course, this seems to be (possibly?) linked to the lack of Album Artist info. Am I right in that presumption?

And, of course, the Album Artist issue can be solved with a lot of SQL hacking on my part, but I'm lazy and will just go through the 700 or so tracks that lack the field and manually add the info. I'm reasonably sure that will fix the problem.