Advanced Report 6.4 - Updated 24/06/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

What artists do you have with non-alpha first characters (just listing the characters is fine!)?

Selecting the option "Group non-alpha..." will probably work as a workaround for now.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
tommae88

Post by tommae88 »

yeah, the group non alpha worked for a while but then about halfway through it stopped again, but i never got a chance to see the error as someone else closed it, i'll look into it a little more later today, thanks for the help though
SpritHansi

Post by SpritHansi »

Hi!
Thanks for a very nice script :-)
I have a couple of requests for the next release.
1. A place where I can set the pagetitle and header for the site BEFORE I create the report. Yes, I know I can edit the file in Notepad...

2. A search field. A place where it is possible to search. Yes, I know
Ctrl + F will do the job.....
Regards
SpritHansi
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

A search field is very difficult because this means writing javascript (which I could do) to do the actual searching. However the script would also need to compile some sort of searchable database and link this to the page. It would alll be rather messy and complicated and I think Ctrl+F is the best solution.

I'll think about the title and header options though for the next version.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Groovehustler

Advance Reports 5.0??

Post by Groovehustler »

Realy Realy Great piece of work !!!

I am trying to make lists of my mp3 to HTML for sometime now.
I used music collector with mp3 collector (http://www.collectorz.com)
before but was never satisfied because of the limitations of the program it self.
Bad scan of database, no mp3 coverart,....but it had an export function to HTML
and you could work with own templates if you edit and modified the XML file.

I got realy irritated by the bad scan of the Music collector libary,i was looking around to work
with the libaryfile of mediamedia instead and converting access to xml or something like that
and by googling i found your script and i am totally excited about it.
This is the ONLY script / program in the world that can automaticly take out the coverart of a MP3 without damage the MP3 itself

I realy want to give you some ideas for your next version to make it even greater it already is.

Third line too add extra field information inside the album
Now you can choose between 2 lines to add field information Album and Tracklist
If i want to add fields like comment or genre i can add then in the tracklist and then it
is repeated behind every song. It would be great if all extra info about an album was below the tracklist and has it own line unrepeated and standalone

Tracklist in table with set measurements
Now the field size of a trackname is depended on how long the song name is

to give you an idea (does not realy work on this forum but)

VA - DJ-Kicks 04 : Kruder & Dorfmeister (1996)

1. The Herbalizer_________- A Mother____05:16__154 bitrate
2. Small World___________- Livin' Free__ 05:09__188 bitrate
3. Tango________________- Spellbound__04:00__151 bitrate
4. .....

Genre : Lounge______Total Time : 60:00_____Rating :
Comment : MIX CD___Url : to discogs of amazon for extra info

Making a report from a location like you can with excel in mediamonkey
To make a report i now have to start with an empty libairy and scan the folders
i want on my list. The maxx would realy be if you had a interface like you have when you scan for mp3 that you can select individual folders you want to have on your list.

Working with Templates
When i worked with Music collector it generate the code to HTML using XLS files
To make your own template I used Stylus Studio together with there videolessons on the website i managed to make something in the WYSIWYG editor. http://www.stylusstudio.com/videos/tuto ... rial1.html
Because it uses XML I could drag and drop fields from the database to any location on my sheet.also create your own layout you want to use, add images, personalcode.... and you could switch between the templates if you designed one for a specific project
You just could go crazy with your creatifity with out knowing to much about code or
study for a programmer like in my case. I don't know if that is possible with vbsscript
but if you could make that possible the sky is the limit.

Singlefile VS Seperate VS Frame Artist VS Various Artist
At the moment i only use the singlefile when i have mixcd's or compilations in mylist
because then you have all the tracks of a cd together and not seperated by the artist
I have tried to change the settings but i couldnot get instead of artist everything by albumname under the tabs A B C D ...

Second Navigation
Now you can navigate with the menu A B C ...on Artist. What if you have an extra browse option for Album, genre, year, location path then you have realy your own mediamonkey in HTML

A lot of requests, wants, Ifs.... I know, please don't see it as critics. but if this would be possible this will become a revolution in P2P file sharing and Online recordshops. Just imagine if you add in an unused fieldname prices of your secondhand vinyl or cd's you want to sell online.

You only have to downgrade the qualty of the mp3 and you have with your script in one click a online record shop where people can listen to the songs, view the cover art, .... and the shop is runned by the database of Mediamonkey

An other use is for P2P. I live in belgium and we have for internet here cable or adsl.
both infrastructures are now also used for digital tv and movie on demand. All providers
have changed there conditions since march 2006 for upload and download because of the bandwitch they need for them self. The best i can get her is a maximum of upload is 5 GB amount with a "deluxe" package or i have to take a real business account for 500 euro a month to get better, for consumers this is the best you can get. :evil:

The bad news is other countries are following, telecomcompanies make not that much profit on GSM, telefoon or internet because of the competition but with digital tv, they can make a lot of money So they need there infrastructure back.

With friends of mine on soulseek we started to exchange the libaryfiles of mediamonkey so they can make there wantlist for exchange without sharing your complete collection. With your script i can now make a closed website where they can browse in HTML and WITH the coverart. :-)))))

Third use, everybody have to backup there beautifull, time consuming tagged MP3.
One click and you have with the report an navigation menu.

One last tip to put on your website for the fans of your script is the following free software. I use a lot with your Advanced Reports is Multiple Image Resizer http://www.multipleimageresizer.net
Sometimes the report can become very heavy because of the size of the images
you can crush them with just one click and you can add a border around the images.

Last Question i can not figure out. Why are your scripts not standard in mediamonkey but above all NOT on the offical website. I found this piece of art by excident with google. Are there real monkies behind the media?

A lot of greetings and respect,
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm glad you like my website, and my scripts. I always receive suggestions for improvements gratefully!

I have provided all of the album stats that it is easy to retrieve, and they can be put in the album mask. The trouble with fields like Comment and Genre is that these are stored on the track level and are not always consistent amongst the tracks on an album. Maybe an option to list the genres might be useful though.

The idea of having a table layout for the tracklist is a good one, I will include this in the next version.

Working with templates is very difficult, and would really be another script rather than an extension of this one. I'll put it on my to do list for a future script.

This script is designed to be quite simple in it's navigation. Being able to navigate by many paths, like a full website, has really been covered by Kanski when he wrote "Advanced Report Modify" - I suggest you check out the forum for his script (modified from this one originally).

The scripts page on mediamonkey.com hasn't been updated for a long time, there are lots of scripts by lots of people, and they could not all be listed on there. A new release mechanism is going to be available in the next version of MM, and I think this will make it easier for people to find scripts to install.
guermantes

Post by guermantes »

Hi again Trix!

Thanks again for your report plugin. :D Nice to see an update as well.

However, there is a thing that is bugging me. When I create reports with Advanced Report 4 the document encoding becomes a variant of UTF-16. GoLive calls it User's choice UTF-16, IE calls it Big Endian UTF-16 etc.

What I discovered was that when I apply an *external* style sheet to the report it is not picked up in Firefox and the report remains without formatting. In Opera and IE the style sheet is picked up as it should.

If I go into GoLive and re-encode the report as Multilingual UTF-8 or open the report in notepad and save as ANSI, then the external CSS is picked up in Firefox as well.

I don't really know anything about these encodings (I thought it just had to do with which characters could be displayed, but apparently it is more complicated) or what the implications of the change I have made is, and not even if it is 'to the point' to bring this issue to your attention. I just figured that since I was finally able to make the report display correctly also in Firefox I ought to tell you about this.

Maybe you can make something out of all this...

Ciao!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Unfortunately this is the way VBScript encodes Unicode. I think this problem does not occur if you use the ASCII encoding option, it's only with Unicode. is that correct?
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Well, there is a way to save a text file as UTF-8 under vbscript but it requires you to use streams and not fso.CreateTextFile...

Here is an example code copied from here

Code: Select all

Private Sub CreateFile(ByVal pstrFile As String, ByVal pstrData As String)

Dim objStream As Object

'Create the stream
  Set objStream = CreateObject("ADODB.Stream")

'Initialize the stream
  objStream.Open

'Reset the position and indicate the charactor encoding
  objStream.Position = 0
  objStream.Charset = "UTF-8"

'Write to the steam
  objStream.WriteText pstrData

'Save the stream to a file
  objStream.SaveToFile pstrFile

End Sub
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks, I'll have a look at that. :)
guermantes

Post by guermantes »

trixmoto wrote:Unfortunately this is the way VBScript encodes Unicode. I think this problem does not occur if you use the ASCII encoding option, it's only with Unicode. is that correct?
Uuhmm... if you by that mean leaving the 'Support unicode characters' box unchecked then it seems to be correct. Although notepad reports it as ANSI and not ASCII (whatever that may indicate).
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The script uses VBScript to write the file, not Notepad! :)
guermantes

Post by guermantes »

Of course, I only meant to indicate that notepad was my source of information... :D

I have 2 further questions you can muse upon if you like:

1) I have never been able to browse single-file reports in Opera. When jumping to albums the browser always end up in the wrong place (unless the album is very close to the top of the document). What could be the reason for that?

2) Trying to adapt the external CSS so as to include the 'hover over link' effect by using 'a:hover' results in all the 'a name' fields that in fact are non-links also get the hover effect which is not so cool. This applies to browsers other than IE, e.g. Firefox. I don't know if it is because the definition of the a:link is faulty, or if I simply am useless at CSS or if there is a work-around in some way. In any case it would be neat to be able to use hover effects for the reports that only 'hover when they should'. Any ideas?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

1) This is probably because the page doesn't all fit into Opera's buffer so it fails to find all the internal links. I suggest making a multi-page report so that each page is of a sensible size.

2) This is because the titles are also <A> tags, but of type name rather than link. In your CSS you should refer to a:link:hover. More details here: http://www.timrivera.com/tests/hover.html
guermantes

Post by guermantes »

re:1) Seems plausible. Could it in that case be an option to only have the Mediamonkey/Trixmoto(+statistical) information generated for the first page and not every single album/artist page?

re:2) Excellent. And thanks for the link, many good tips in there. I was trying with a:link a:hover but of course that did not work... :D