Advanced Report 6.4 - Updated 24/06/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

beat578

Re: Advanced Report 6.0 - Updated 06/12/2010

Post by beat578 »

Hi Trixmoto
I've installed Mediamonkey 4.0 beta today. I had to uninstall all of my MM3, because i messed something up with the new one. (DONT INSTALL IT IN A DIFFERENT FOLDER, IT MIXES UP ANYWAY)!
So now, MM 4 is running rather smooth and I've reinstalle all of your scripts like Album Art Tagger and so on. But MM wont let me install the Advanced Report. Still it is my most important script. It gives no error, it just says "Script has not been installed". Do you know what this could be? (By the way, i had it run as administrator).
Fun is, when i now look into the "add ons" i can see Advanced Report 6.0, but i have not menu entry in the reports section...
Would be great if you could make that script running on MM4 too, its the best thing i have!
Thankds and Regards from Switzerland.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks, I'll be testing all of my script for MM4 compatibility as soon as I can find time.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
beat578

Post by beat578 »

Thats Great Trix. Thank you.
I try to see what happenes. Is there a log when you install one of the scripts? So I could try to find out, where MM stoppes installing you scripts.
I once had the Entry "Advanced Report", when i still had MM3 and MM4 beside each other.But then the Layout would mix up and only one was recognized as "Gold" Edition.
Maby Best would be uninstall all MM Versions and restart with 4.0 from scratch. Or reinstall 3.2 and your scripts and then try to overwrite 3.2 with 4.0.
Ill send you results as soon as i found time to do so...
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If you use DebugView as instructed in the Bug Reports forum then I think installation of scripts will output some messages to there, although I'm not sure.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
beat578

Post by beat578 »

Hi Trixmoto.
Well i tried to install AR6.0 again. Heres what the DebugView is saying:
Extnsions:extracting installation from file:"C:\Users\Beat\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\ipod.png".
File decompression error! File: ipod.png Error: data error

What could that mean? It's ture i dont see the Ipod.png in that directory.
Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Ok. I copied a picture in that directory and called it "ipod.png". The installer had the same error.
Then i just edited the "scripts.ini" and added the Advanced Report manually.
After the Restart of MM, i had the script and it runs as it always did before.
So it looks like the script has no problem with mm4 at all, once installt. Therefore, all people upgrading have no problem because the report is already listed in the scripts.ini. Its just new users that will have the installation error. Maby that'll help you.

Have a great day.
Regards
Beat
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Looks like there's an MM bug stopping the image files because extracted for the MMIP - you could rename it as a ZIP file and then extract the images manually for now.
funnycreature

Post by funnycreature »

gpzbc wrote:I'm on Windows 7 64-bit and mine is in "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\". Don't forget you have to "show hidden folders" in order to see your "AppData" folder.
So is there any other suggestion how I can get it to work again!?!?

Thanks!
goberre

Post by goberre »

Me again,
FIX FOR WINDOWS 7 INSTALLATION OF SCRIPTS.INI

I have just built a new box and put Windows 7 Ultimate and MM 3.2.4 on it. Installed Advanced Report 6.0 but had the same problems as some posts above. When I installed there was no change to extensions.ini in the virtual store so I pasted the following into C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Scripts.ini (order=6 as there are already 5 reports listed under MM create reports);

[AdvancedReport]
FileName=AdvancedReport.vbs
ProcName=AdvancedReport
Order=6
DisplayName=Advanced Report
Description=Advanced Report
Language=VBScript
ScriptType=1

Closed and then restarted MM and Advanced Report now appears in Create report's menu. Hope this is helpful
"Reality is something that belongs to you as an individual" (Frank Zappa)
rctechy4

Post by rctechy4 »

Finally got this to work. Needed a bit of tweeking, page 35 (Postby modtang » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:48 pm ) which talks about editing the script finally fixed it.

Thanks guys. Works a treat.
RC
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Glad it's working for you!
--
The gpzbc
billrigsby

Edit CSS in Advance Report 5.5

Post by billrigsby »

When I try to edit the CSS file in Advance Report 5.5 The Monkey stops working and shuts down,
Any ideas?

Bill
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

All it does is open the file in Notepad. Have you tried doing this externally?
fuzzynavel

Post by fuzzynavel »

Sorry for such a simple question - I installed the script, it shows up in the Extensions list, but how do I run it? It is not listed under the "Scripts" menu list, and also not listed under "Reports". What am I missing?
billrigsby

Post by billrigsby »

trixmoto wrote:All it does is open the file in Notepad. Have you tried doing this externally?
How/what do you mean externally?
Also sorry if this is a simple question!!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@fuzzynavel - you probably have another copy of Scripts.ini in your VirtualStore (this is a Windows thing, not a MediaMonkey thing).

@billrigsby - run the report, then go to the directory, right click on the .css file and select "Edit" or "Open in Notepad".