Advanced Report 6.4 - Updated 24/06/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

album artist report

Post by guest »

Now that I have the missing albums showing I noticed something else :) If I am running album artist mode. The best way to describe this is by example.

I have a 3 Doors Down album. The report creates (Album Artist) 3 Doors Down Under the #tab with album listings. I also a cd called Now Thats What I Call Music which show up under the V tab (Album Arist) Various This album includes a song by 3 Doors Down and a song by the Corrs. This album shows up under both the 3 Doors Down Tab and also under the Various tab. However for the Corrs the album only shows up under the Various tab. It does not show up under the C for Corr's I do not an album by the Corrs.

It seems that the report is sorting by both Artist and Album artist if I have a similar album artist. (Ex 3 Doors Down)

I would like the report not to duplicate the album and truly only show the albums by album artist if that is possible.

Hope this makes sense since I seem to be rambling on.

Thanks again.
SpritHansi

Post by SpritHansi »

Get a VBS error when running this script.
Error #13
Line 1464, Column 2
Regards
SpritHansi
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@Guest - ok, I think you're right about the album artist/artist situation, I'll try to get this cleaned up in the next version.

@SpritHansi - Do you have non-numeric characters in your date fields?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
SpritHansi

Post by SpritHansi »

I can't find any....
Regards
SpritHansi

Post by guest »

2SpritHansi - I get this error too.

For correction I change original script (start on line 1443):

Code: Select all

If SDB.VersionHi > 2 Then
    'href = "SELECT Avg(Rating) As AvgRating, Avg(Year/10000) As AvgYear, Max(DiscNumber) As MaxDisc FROM Songs WHERE IDAlbum="&id
    href = "SELECT Avg(Rating) As AvgRating, Year/1000 As AvgYear, Max(DiscNumber) As MaxDisc FROM Songs WHERE IDAlbum="&id
  Else
    href = "SELECT Avg(Rating) As AvgRating, Avg(Year) As AvgYear, '' As MaxDisc FROM Songs WHERE IDAlbum="&id
  End If
  Set iter = SDB.Database.OpenSQL(href)
SpritHansi

Post by SpritHansi »

Now it works :-)
Thanks a lot :P
Regards
SpritHansi
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks guest - I'm not sure what you've done without checking my code but I'll make sure this is included in the next release. :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
kozzmik

Error

Post by kozzmik »

get this error when using a filter with the latest version of Advanced Report. Is this known or is there something I can do. Thanks

Error #438 - Microsoft VBSript runtime error
Object doesn't support this property or method 'SDB.Database.GetFilterQuery'
File: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\AdvancedReport.vbs", Line: 1729, Column 12
kozzmik

Way around error

Post by kozzmik »

Although I get that error when I use a specific filter, the use current filter seems to work. So I just have to change the current one to the desired one prior to running the report.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Bex wrote:Regarding the script error, you must use MM version 3.0.3.1137 or later for the new filter functionality to work. But get the latest Beta in the Beta forum.
_Reaper_

Post by _Reaper_ »

I've recently updated to the latest version of the script and found out that for some strange reason the pages were not showing up correctly with my custom made css... (later i discovered that the default one didn't work as well...) =P
After hours of hunting down the damn source of all my problems i found that the problem was that, for some reason, all my *.htm files where enconded in ucs-2 and if they were in ansi they would show up just ok.
So this is where i hit the wall. Is it my computer that is telling the script to create the files in ucs or is it really meant to be that way?
I've actually found a workaround with a batch file! but i don't know if anyone else has the same problem. So i was wondering if it wheren't to much trouble could you add the option to save in ansi for the next version?
Cheers

Reaper
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I have no idea what USC-2 is, it should be saving in ANSI! :)
_Reaper_

Post by _Reaper_ »

UCS-2 (2-byte Universal Character Set) is a type of unicode.
And for some strange reason my computer is saving all the .htm in UCS-2 instead of ANSI. Anyway as i said before i've found a workaround with a batch file that copies the content from each file into a new file with the same name and replaces the old one.
Still thks for the great script! :D
and keep up the great job!
PowderKeg

Post by PowderKeg »

Great script! I would love to see the option to use the <Album Artist> in the Album mask. My collection is pretty huge and it lists all the artists from all albums, I organize my collection by Album Artists and search this way. Would be nice if this was an option, thanks.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The <Artist> field in the album mask should be the album artist. Is this not working as you'd expect?