Advanced Report 6.4 - Updated 24/06/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

rhys100

Post by rhys100 »

is anything going to be released like this for mm3? because this is my favourite script!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It's definitely on my list. :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Killjoy12

Post by Killjoy12 »

Love this report! Any chance with the MM3 upgrade to add options to restrict certain Genres either via the UI, or the mediamonkey.ini file? I'd like to be able to not include Podcasts in my MusicCatalog report. Thanks
venuslight

Post by venuslight »

trixmoto, thanks a bunch for all your work on this script.

A couple of questions:

1) is there a list of all the track and album mask variables that can be used?

2) I know it was asked several pages ago and you seemed to think it was contrary to the purpose of the script, but is there a way to list the tracks with the albums under the albums list (in the 2nd section of the report)? I would like to print a copy of this report to keep in the living room for selecting music to listen to and I almost always prefer to browse by artist and then album/track. If this is too much work or you don't feel it is important, I totally understand it, I just felt it couldn't hurt to ask ;)

Thanks again and I'm looking forward to playing with it some more.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

1) The lists are at the top of the script file, and are...

Code: Select all

' Track mask fields:
' 	<Track#><Artist><Title><Album><Album Artist><Genre><Year><Bitrate><BPM>
'       <Composer><Custom 1><Custom 2><Custom 3><Filename><Length><Rating><Stars>
'       <Bombs><|>
'
' Album mask fields:
' 	<Name><Artist><Length><Tracks><Rating><Stars><Year><Bombs>
2) I'll look into it. :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Killjoy12

Post by Killjoy12 »

Any thoughts on this?
Any chance with the MM3 upgrade to add options to restrict certain Genres either via the UI, or the mediamonkey.ini file? I'd like to be able to not include Podcasts in my MusicCatalog report.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Sorry, I did add it to my list but forgot to reply! :)
Killjoy12

Post by Killjoy12 »

Awesome - Thanks a lot!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (5.0) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Made compatible with MM3
- Added new fields available
- Added filter support

Special thanks to Bex for his help with this release. He's helped with all the SQLite statements and implemented the filter in MM3 to replace the folder exclusions that were added for MM2.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Glad to help, this is a great script!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
AndySocial

General Music?

Post by AndySocial »

When I run the report and select "general music" as the filter, it errors out:

Object doesn't support this property or method: 'SDB.Database.GetFilterQuery' File: "C:\Program Files\Mediamonkey\Scripts\AdvancedReport.vbs", Line: 1729, Column: 12

Using no filter in the lower-right box, however, works.

A second minor issue I have seen today, is linking of the artist within the album when using "separate files" mode. The artist for EVERY album is artist_0 - so they all link back to "unknown artist" instead of to the artist which appears in the link.

VERY minor issues, and you still rock, and the Advanced Report rocks. Thank you so much.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Regarding the script error, you must use MM version 3.0.3.1137 or later for the new filter functionality to work. But get the latest Beta in the Beta forum.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
AndySocial

Post by AndySocial »

Ah, that explains it then. I've been using 3.0.1.1127. I notice the current released version is 3.0.2.1134; I hope the beta is stable....
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yes, it is stable and has a lot of bug fixes.
It's only called Beta due to the new iPhone / iPod Touch support.

All My Scripts
AndySocial

Post by AndySocial »

OK, installed the 3.0.3.1140 beta. The album pages still link to artist_0, though that's a really tiny bug. Example

This remains my favorite script for MM.
Last edited by AndySocial on Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.