Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Backup 5.8 - Updated 27/10/2010

Post by trixmoto »

Well it definitely sounds like you've got problems with your Windows Scripting Host - have you tried reinstalling it? You can download it from the microsoft website, I'm sure.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Faziri

Post by Faziri »

trixmoto wrote:Well it definitely sounds like you've got problems with your Windows Scripting Host - have you tried reinstalling it? You can download it from the microsoft website, I'm sure.
I can't seem to get a download link for WSH for Win7 anywhere, it's apparently built-in to the point where they don't bother letting people reinstall it manually. Geniuses at MS...

But if WSH not running VB too well is the problem, then why are all my other scripts working? "Increase track numbers", "Album art tagger", etc are all working fine... Maybe it's a problem in Backup itself after all then?
Edit: Album art tagger also makes references to WSH in its code and that one works fine every time, even without registering vbscript.dll
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

All of those other scripts run within the scope of MediaMonkey, although I'm not sure exactly how that works. The "Backup" script actually runs the other scripts using the command line, so that they run outside of MediaMonkey (to stop it freezing). That must be the difference, but that doesn't really help you. I'm not really sure what to suggest, but I've got Windows 7 now, so I'll test it and let you know if I can replicate the problem.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Gretchen

Post by Gretchen »

Bump???
Gretchen wrote:Can someone help me restore my info? I have a new computer. The old computer had this script running and I have my backup files... I installed my old hard drive in the new computer and would like to keep all of my music there... I have installed Media Monkey on the new hard drive.

Can someone tell me how to manually copy the correct files over or perhaps tell me why the restore.vbs isn't working?

When it asks for "Enter MediaMonkey directory:" should I enter the current directory (C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey) or enter the old MediaMonkey location (Now Drive E)

I tried to run restore.vbs but get the following error:

Line 40
Path not found
Code: 800A004C
Microsoft VBS Script runtime error

Thanks!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm not really sure what you want by "Can someone tell me how to manually copy the correct files over" - personally I'd use Ctrl+C and then Ctrl+V, but there are other ways. Just makes sure that MM isn't running when you do it, probably manually backup any files you are replacing as well, just to be safe.

If you were to paste the contents of your Restore.vbs file here then I could tell you which path was missing, or you could look on line 40 yourself.
Gretchen

Post by Gretchen »

I meant manually restore all my stuff since the restore.vbs wasn't working - I know how to copy and paste but wasn't sure what files I needed and where to put them.

How would I paste the contents of the restore.vbs here? Open it in notepad or something like that?

I'll report back tomorrow when I'm back at that computer!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

All the "Restore.vbs" file does is automatically copy the files back into the location it originally got them from. There's also the .reg file, which you double click to run if you want to restore your registry settings. Yes, you can open it in any text editor, like notepad.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Gretchen wrote:I meant manually restore all my stuff since the restore.vbs wasn't working - I know how to copy and paste but wasn't sure what files I needed and where to put them.
You just want to put all the files contained in your backup folder into it's appropriate location in the MM folders on your new computer. You'll have to sleuth around to find all of the folders, but there are only 2 or 3 locations that you will need. Once you do all that, just double click on your .reg file and it will restore all of your registry settings.

Hope that helps.
--
The gpzbc
Gretchen

Post by Gretchen »

Okay - thanks for the help.

I think I found the proper locations for everything and I copied them over. I did not find the .reg file you are talking about though. Where should that be? I extracted the backup zip and all I see is:
MediaMonkey
Plugins
Scripts
Skins
mediamonkey.ini
mm.db
restore.vbs

Also when I open Media Monkey - it looks like my library is all there - but everything is gray and won't play. I'm guessing it's because my music is no longer on my C drive - but how do I get it pointed to the right place without duplicating everything?
Gretchen

Post by Gretchen »

Nevermind - I think I got it working. I found this in the wiki and it appears that all is right with the world... still never found that .reg file -- but my library and artwork looks good and songs are playing so hopefully everything is as it should be!

-Select all the greyed out tracks.
-Click File > Locate moved/missing tracks
This will attempt to find tracks on the new drive that match the filesize AND timestamp, or track metadata in the database.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Good.! I was just going to refer you to the wiki.
Let us know if you need anything else.

By the way, do you have the backup registry settings box checked in the Backup script settings? If not, you wouldn't have the .reg file present.
--
The gpzbc
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

Gretchen wrote: -Select all the greyed out tracks.
-Click File > Locate moved/missing tracks
This will attempt to find tracks on the new drive that match the filesize AND timestamp, or track metadata in the database.
I have used that function many many times !
It has got me out of many a tight corner before now - in fact it is becoming my standard workaround in case of need. Well done Gretchen.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Gretchen

Post by Gretchen »

Okay - new problem :-)

I don't think I have my backup settings setup correctly. I am unable to check "Output Archive"

What I'm trying to accomplish is to have the Current backup go into the "Current" folder and have old backups go to the "Old" folder. I'd like to keep 3 old backups at a time. What am I doing wrong?

Here are my settings:
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Gretchen wrote:Okay - new problem :-)
I don't think I have my backup settings setup correctly. I am unable to check "Output Archive."
It sounds like you need to register your dll. See this post:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... bc#p258498

But that was the instructions for MM 3.XX. And now on MM 4.XX, your dll is stored at "C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\XZip.dll"

So, on MediaMonkey 4.XX, the new instructions are:

a. Open command prompt by typing cmd.exe into start menu.
b. right-click on the command prompt shortcut and select "Run as administrator"
c. Input this command: regsvr32 "C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\XZip.dll"

I hope that helps!
--
The gpzbc
Gretchen

Post by Gretchen »

Thanks - I tried that and get the error saying:

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.

Edit: I associated xzip.dll with Media Monkey then ran the command and it still won't let me check the output option