Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

gpzbc

Re: Backup 5.8 - Updated 27/10/2010

Post by gpzbc »

Yes, that is a possibility. As with any backup, it will restore it to the way it was at the time of the last backup. So if you had a buggy script installed when you did your backup, it will be the same when you restore from backup. But this doesn't backup the entire registry tree, just the MediaMonkey registry file. And as far as I know, you can restore the MM registry file from system to system. I have done it on two occasions and didn't have any problems. But you might have issues restoring a registry file from MM3 to MM4.

I hope that helps!
--
The gpzbc
nonob

Post by nonob »

MusicBringer wrote:
nonob wrote:Hi
I can't view the "backup" button on the backup window when my resolution is 1024x576.
If i change to 1024x768, it works..

thanks
I had the self same problem sorry but not sure how I fixed it.
Dunno if this will help.
1. try to resize the Dialog box by stretching the edge with your mouse.
2. try using a different font - I have had HUGE problems with font sizes.
3. Different skins behave in different ways - try a alternative skin.
Hi, nothing worked.
Thanks
Website "Le Geek du Cerisier" : MediaMonkey
MMW on desktop PC: Windows 10, MB MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91) (AM4), CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz, RAM DDR4 16 GB, SSD M.2 SK-Hynix SSS0L24765 512 GB (C:), 3,5" Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 1 To (D:)
MMA on 4 Android devices - MMW5 gold in test... - MMW4 gold used for years (with extensions: AdvancedReport, Album Art Tagger, CustomFieldsTagger, Custom Report, Discogs Tagger, French translation, GenreFinder, Last.fm Scrobbler, Lyricator, MM codec pack Trial, MusicBrainz Tagger, MusicIPTagger, RegExpFind and Replace, Tagging inconsistencies)
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

I'm surprised.
What, you couldn't resize the box?
And a different skin made no difference to the display ?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
nonob

Post by nonob »

What, you couldn't resize the box?
I can, but it's limited.
And a different skin made no difference to the display ?
I can change skin but the backup button is always hidden.
Website "Le Geek du Cerisier" : MediaMonkey
MMW on desktop PC: Windows 10, MB MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91) (AM4), CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz, RAM DDR4 16 GB, SSD M.2 SK-Hynix SSS0L24765 512 GB (C:), 3,5" Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 1 To (D:)
MMA on 4 Android devices - MMW5 gold in test... - MMW4 gold used for years (with extensions: AdvancedReport, Album Art Tagger, CustomFieldsTagger, Custom Report, Discogs Tagger, French translation, GenreFinder, Last.fm Scrobbler, Lyricator, MM codec pack Trial, MusicBrainz Tagger, MusicIPTagger, RegExpFind and Replace, Tagging inconsistencies)
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

oh dear that's not good.
I think it was playing with font size that resolved it for me - changing either/or size and percentage.
Else, the only other thing that comes to mind is screen resolution.

But all or these workarounds are a sledgehammer to crack a nut and should not be needed simply to read a dialog box.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
RDabate

Post by RDabate »

I'm new to this Script, trying it out.

I get "Backup cancelled because output folder already exists". If I delete the folder, the backup will run, but only once.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Another user had the same question just a few posts back. See these threads for a discussion and solution.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 05#p338056

Good luck. And let us know if you still need assistance.
--
The gpzbc
RDabate

Post by RDabate »

Thanks, I think I'm good now.
RDabate

Post by RDabate »

Two Question about how this script works.

1) If I need to restore, would I just execute the "Restore.vbs" script?
2) What exactly does, Export (Save all playlists as M3u Files)" do? I see three different options and not entirely sure what the differences are and which option would be best if I have intentions to restore everything as exact as possible?
GeraldB

Post by GeraldB »

GeraldB wrote:Thank you for the great script. I apologize if this has already been covered, but I can't make myself read through the previous 67 pages.

Win7 64-bit; MM 4.0.3.1476. When I run a backup I get the message pane: "Output path currently contains...Do you wish to continue?" I click on "Yes," the pane vanishes, and nothing further happens. However if I then close MM and reopen it, the script immediately completes the backup correctly without my asking it to. Occasionally the backup will run completely and correctly without my having to close MM, but I can't see how the situations differ. I always end up with the the proper result, but is there something I might fix to help the script run correctly each time?
This is a minor nuisance but it is a nuisance. Any ideas?
Can't afford a signature.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

RDabate wrote:Two Question about how this script works.

1) If I need to restore, would I just execute the "Restore.vbs" script?
I prefer to manually re-copy all of the files to the appropriate folders, but either way should work fine.
RDabate wrote:2) What exactly does, Export (Save all playlists as M3u Files)" do? I see three different options and not entirely sure what the differences are and which option would be best if I have intentions to restore everything as exact as possible?
All of your playlists are already saved in your MediaMonkey database file (MM.db), so as long as you back that up, your playlists are backed up. This function is to create a secondary copy of your playlists. This might be helpful if you ever want to import those playlists into any other application.

I hope that helps, but please post back if you have any other questions.
--
The gpzbc
RDabate

Post by RDabate »

Thanks gpzbc , very helpful. :)
Gretchen

Post by Gretchen »

Can someone help me restore my info? I have a new computer. The old computer had this script running and I have my backup files... I installed my old hard drive in the new computer and would like to keep all of my music there... I have installed Media Monkey on the new hard drive.

Can someone tell me how to manually copy the correct files over or perhaps tell me why the restore.vbs isn't working?

When it asks for "Enter MediaMonkey directory:" should I enter the current directory (C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey) or enter the old MediaMonkey location (Now Drive E)

I tried to run restore.vbs but get the following error:

Line 40
Path not found
Code: 800A004C
Microsoft VBS Script runtime error

Thanks!
Faziri

Post by Faziri »

Hi all

I'm having a bit of an issue with this script (v5.8 ): it's not backing up anything.
The script is installed fine, I can bring up the dialog and configure it, it's definitely executed*, xzip.dll and vbscript.dll are registered... But no .zip to be found anywhere.

Anyone got any idea what's wrong? I can't seem to find it in the thread (only the vbscript and xzip registration, which have been done).

*for a while, vbscript.dll was unregistered and Backup was pretty much my only script. At each shutdown of MM (when the script was apparently still set to do an auto-baclup), I got the error message about the lack of support for .vbs files unless I disabled Backup. So yes, it's definitely being executed.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

I could be wrong, but I think you have to have the "Output Path" box checked in order to create the zip in the "Output Archive" box. As I understand it, the zip is created from the files created in the Output Path, so there will be no zip if there are no files to zip. Like I said, I might be wrong, but give it a try and let me know what happens.

Good luck.
--
The gpzbc