Last.fm Scrobbler 1.1.0.41 [Updated 11/27/2014]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

loubat

Re: Last.fm Scrobbler 1.1 [Updated 4/25/2014 - testers wante

Post by loubat »

Having similar problem to jumperJack; I see MM songs as "Now Playing" but they disappear after that. Nothing from MM is sticking. I noticed something weird was going on a while back, but didn't take time to investigate, since songs from my Sonos system show up in last.fm, I don't always recognize that stuffs not scrobbling. I'm about to install the 1.1 scrobbler and see if anything changes.

MM 4.1.1.1703
Last.fm Scrobbler v1.0.2.29

Edit:

Now using 1.1, I'm getting nothing for the last 2 songs. No "Now Playing", no nothing.

Edit2:

It might be last.fm.
We are still experiencing difficulties and as such you may be unable to access the Last.fm website or scrobble. Our engineers are continuing to work on this, and we apologise for any inconvenience in the meantime.
Posted 1 hour ago by jon
Edit3:

False alarm? Everything seems to be working fine now. We'll see!
JumperJack

Post by JumperJack »

Ah, I'm not the only one!

I indeed noticed that last.fm has been having scrobbling issues for about three weeks now. That fits with the time I have had issues scrobbling. Maybe it's all last.fm related then. I've posted my detailed description there as well now.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

last.fm is reporting lots of issues: http://status.last.fm/
JumperJack

Post by JumperJack »

the last.fm staff responded to the description of my problem as follows:
I can't go into any technical details, but we believe this is completely isolated incident.
the coming days i'll try to do some more testing.
doomy304

Post by doomy304 »

Mine's not working today, but worked fine all day yesterday. When I checked the log it said it couldn't complete handshake with last.fm. Then I upgraded to the new beta version and now the log's not there anymore and the scrobbler's still not working, nothing shows on last.fm page at all. No idea if this is still last.fm issues (Their status site hasn't been updated in 38 hrs but everything currently shows green/ok) or if it's the scrobbler.
doomy304

Post by doomy304 »

doomy304 wrote:Mine's not working today, but worked fine all day yesterday. When I checked the log it said it couldn't complete handshake with last.fm. Then I upgraded to the new beta version and now the log's not there anymore and the scrobbler's still not working, nothing shows on last.fm page at all. No idea if this is still last.fm issues (Their status site hasn't been updated in 38 hrs but everything currently shows green/ok) or if it's the scrobbler.
Well, this morning everything had scrobbled, despite nothing ever appearing on my last.fm page last night while I was actually listening. So um, no issue I guess, never mind.
Peke

Post by Peke »

THX for updates.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
mikolajek

Post by mikolajek »

It's hard to test the new build as either last.fm or MM plugin seem broken. I've heard about last.fm's issues in the last days but my wife scrobbles using good old winamp and had no issues at all.

Anyway, both (old, stable version and beta) have suddenly stopped submitting tracks to last.fm or submit only random single tracks of all played.
mesmeriseme

Post by mesmeriseme »

I like being able to scrobble to Last.fm via MediaMonkey, and the plugin does its job for me, but I wish there was a place where it said how many tracks are cached right now. Last.fm's been having serious problems over the last couple of days, and I would very much like the plugin to cache the tracks I'm playing in the meantime, so I would appreciate seeing the number of cached songs somewhere. On a related note, what's the reasoning behind removing the "see log file" option?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

mesmeriseme wrote:On a related note, what's the reasoning behind removing the "see log file" option?
From: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12019

0012019: Log To file: Logging to file can trigger permissions issue
Description Some users reported that Saving log file in some cases trigger access error due the lack of Permissions.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

Is there a way to save the scrobbles if you have no Internet Connection or there is any scrobbling issue? So, that the tracks you listen to without Connection get scrobbled as soon as there is the possibility?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MaximusPrime wrote:Is there a way to save the scrobbles if you have no Internet Connection or there is any scrobbling issue? So, that the tracks you listen to without Connection get scrobbled as soon as there is the possibility?
It should do that by default.

MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

Since the update I've always get an error prompt after shutting down MM that says "Runtime Error 2016 at 085755F6" allthough scrobbling works fine. I've tried deinstalling and delete all that was left in the script Directory and reinstalling but that doesn't help.
Any Ideas?
Manzanetti

Post by Manzanetti »

When I try to install the scrobbler, I get an error prompt saying 'Last.fm Scrobbler was not installed.' Any thoughts on that?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Manzanetti wrote:When I try to install the scrobbler, I get an error prompt saying 'Last.fm Scrobbler was not installed.' Any thoughts on that?
You probably need to make sure you are installing the addon "for the current user only" vs for all users which requires the program to be run as the admin.