Last.fm Scrobbler 1.1.0.41 [Updated 11/27/2014]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

edvallie

Re: Last fm Scrobbler 1.1.0.41 [Updated 11/27/2014]

Post by edvallie »

Hi, getting "Unknown name" error when trying to install the addon - wondering if anyone had an idea how to fix it
Peke

Re: Last.fm Scrobbler 1.1.0.41 [Updated 11/27/2014]

Post by Peke »

What is the URL where you downloaded it? and what exact steps you have done to install it?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
edvallie

Post by edvallie »

Peke wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:36 pm What is the URL where you downloaded it? and what exact steps you have done to install it?

I've tried the one from happymonkeying /plugin.php?q=300016 (sorry cant put the full url in) and the one from https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... scrobbler/

I've tried installing them both by double clicking them (where they then open into mediamonkey) and by navigating through the extensions window, clicking Add and then selecting the mmip files. The only time I don't get the "Unknown name" error is when I uncheck "Install for the current user only". In which case it just tells me that Last fm Scrobbler was not installed.

Running version 4.1.23.1881 of media monkey gold(lifetime). I have been able to install a few other addons, so the problem is localized to the last fm one.
edvallie

Post by edvallie »

edvallie wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:29 am
Peke wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:36 pm What is the URL where you downloaded it? and what exact steps you have done to install it?

I've tried the one from happymonkeying /plugin.php?q=300016 (sorry cant put the full url in) and the one from https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... scrobbler/

I've tried installing them both by double clicking them (where they then open into mediamonkey) and by navigating through the extensions window, clicking Add and then selecting the mmip files. The only time I don't get the "Unknown name" error is when I uncheck "Install for the current user only". In which case it just tells me that Last fm Scrobbler was not installed.

Running version 4.1.23.1881 of media monkey gold(lifetime). I have been able to install a few other addons, so the problem is localized to the last fm one.

it started working today, pretty sure i didn't change anything. Had some last fm text on my interface I hadn't noticed before so thought I'd try installing the extension again. Didn't even download a new copy of the addon.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
They are same plugins, You should not install two of same plugin.

THX for update, I was suspecting that something specific to your PC is making problem.
Best regards,
Peke
rondiel

Last.fm scrobbler

Post by rondiel »

Does the scrobbler communicate through https? My scrobbler stopped working on two different computers on two different networks (work and home). The error I get is handshake unknown error <html> (using the 1.0.2.22 scrobbler), the newest version doesn't give me anything useful.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Upgrade to 1.1.0.41, check your password and username.

I just tested and all is working.

you can also try to delete Last Fm cache file to start clean.

"handshake unknown error <html>" means HTML text is received instead o standard response code.
Best regards,
Peke
rondiel

Post by rondiel »

Just reinstalled the updated scrobbler, and deleted the cache file - no change in the behavior. I have verified the username and password several times. The only error I get is service status failed (cached track)
Peke

Post by Peke »

It is possible that your AV blocks plugin, HTML header from direct access to service usually points that plugin call is redirected to something non compatible.

Can you please open support ticket and send us log file as described here https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... p?f=2&t=69
Best regards,
Peke
rondiel

Post by rondiel »

I will do that as soon as I can. One other thing of note, it doesn't report the now playing track like it used to.

Update - there is no way to generate a log that shows this behavior. I used DBGview only shows a handful of SQLite errors, the debug version of MMW doesn't even produce a logfile, so I don't know what else you need aside from system specs.
mhendu

Post by mhendu »

I'm also not getting the Now Playing tracks like I used to - maybe something changed at Last.fm? Scrobbling has been intermittently successful. Restarted MediaMonkey and it seems to be scrobbling now but still won't show the Now Playing tracks on Last.fm. Using scrobbler version 1.1.0.41 on MediaMonkey Gold version 4.1.24.1883.

EDIT: It's showing the Now Playing track on the Overview tab, my bad. Is it normal for the plugin to show in the Statistics something like this?

Tracks scrobbled: 2/18543
Now Playing shared: 1/16822

I'm assuming this means there are a whole bunch of tracks that I've played that didn't get scrobbled.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
That should be current session/Total numbers
Best regards,
Peke
MMJuno

Post by MMJuno »

I've been reviewing some of my submissions on the Last.FM site recently, and it seems that the Album Artist is being sent over with Track Artist instead.

For example on a "Various Artists" album, instead of Album Artist coming over as "Various Artists" like they are tagged, Last.FM is getting the individual Track Artist instead.

Is this some hidden setting somewhere I've missed? I'm not seeing anything relevant in the options pane that would seem to make it do this.

Edit: Doing some additional research, it looks like this possibly started with the last update to the plug-in back in 2014. (The Album Artist isn't something generally visible in the tracklists on the site, so I never noticed it until recently trying to edit some of my scrobbles to do some cleanup). Entries older than 2014 seem to have "Various Artists" as the album artist, but newer submissions all seem to have the Track Artist instead for all the ones I've spot-checked so far.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I can't replicate, check my last.fm and you will see that Artists are correctly uploaded.

New Last.FM plugin is also in MM5.

Dev Note, As there was no changes to scrobbling procedure over the years there was no need for plugin upgrade and MM5 uses newest WEB API.
Best regards,
Peke
MMJuno

Post by MMJuno »

I don't know that I can see your "Album Artist" values. The only place I'm sure it's shown is when you Edit scrobbles (which only the account owner can do, for obvious reasons).

If this link works properly, here's an example: https://photos.app.goo.gl/nBP9XwTvctQ34kdp6

On the left, is what was submitted to LastFM today. On the right, is what is in the actual tag of the MP3.