Lyricator v1.5.5 (2022-11-25)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

gibbon

Re: Lyricator v1.2.1 (2014-03-16)

Post by gibbon »

thehammer wrote:We have just been having discussions, but I really don't think there is anything that can be done from the Lyricator side of things. I did put a delay of one second in between calls to AZLyrics to help avoid getting lock outs. It its just a shame because it its a good source. But I have also added a bunch of other great sites to make up for if/when that one starts blocking.
I have some questions to the behaviour of Lyricator if a source is down or a source blocks.
Does Lyricator just skip and go on to the next source?
Does Lyricator learn in a session that it is better to skip without trying because it was blocked before?
If AZlyrics blocks, how do i recognize this and maybe try unsuccsessfull searches later a second time?

Two suggestions:
It would be a nice option for the user to influence the priority of search-sources.
If maybe AZLyrics blocks after some accesses it could be a good idea to access other sources with higher priority so that the number of accesses to AZLyrics is not so high because a lot of lyrics are found with other sources already before which makes it unvecessary to access AZLyrics.

I would be interested in a self-defined tag for the lyrics-source. This way it would be easier to filter for the lyrics-sources where the embedded lyrics have come from.
Of course the creation of this tag should be optional because Lyricator should not create an additional tag against the will of the user.
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

gibbon wrote:
thehammer wrote:We have just been having discussions, but I really don't think there is anything that can be done from the Lyricator side of things. I did put a delay of one second in between calls to AZLyrics to help avoid getting lock outs. It its just a shame because it its a good source. But I have also added a bunch of other great sites to make up for if/when that one starts blocking.
I have some questions to the behaviour of Lyricator if a source is down or a source blocks.
Does Lyricator just skip and go on to the next source?
Does Lyricator learn in a session that it is better to skip without trying because it was blocked before?
If AZlyrics blocks, how do i recognize this and maybe try unsuccsessfull searches later a second time?

Two suggestions:
It would be a nice option for the user to influence the priority of search-sources.
If maybe AZLyrics blocks after some accesses it could be a good idea to access other sources with higher priority so that the number of accesses to AZLyrics is not so high because a lot of lyrics are found with other sources already before which makes it unvecessary to access AZLyrics.

I would be interested in a self-defined tag for the lyrics-source. This way it would be easier to filter for the lyrics-sources where the embedded lyrics have come from.
Of course the creation of this tag should be optional because Lyricator should not create an additional tag against the will of the user.
Thanks for the suggestions. Lyricator will skip to the next source if there were no lyrics found or if the site blocks. Some sites seem to hold on to the request for a while when they block, which slows down the process. I like the idea of skipping a source after so many failures, but will have to see how to separate failed searches from blocked ones.

As for the credits tag at the end, the prior developers and I think it is important to give credit to the sources and can be valuable information when a site changes and starts spewing out junk. That being said, can you provide me with an example of a more useful source tag so I have a better idea of what you mean?
ImageSpoon!
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

thehammer wrote:
JoeDat wrote:Excited to find this updated script! Trying to download from the first post, but the link is broken. Any mirrors out there?
Wow! The whole site is down. I'll see if I can pm the administrator. If not, I will post the latest somewhere.
Looks like the happymonkeying site is back in business to download this plugin.
ImageSpoon!
gibbon

Post by gibbon »

thehammer wrote: As for the credits tag at the end, the prior developers and I think it is important to give credit to the sources and can be valuable information when a site changes and starts spewing out junk. That being said, can you provide me with an example of a more useful source tag so I have a better idea of what you mean?
Thans for your answer.
It was not my intention to not include the lyrics source in the unsyncedlyrica-tag.
My suggestion would be to put this information additional in an extra non official tag, maybe called "LryicsSource". So it would be easier for the user to filter, sort and see which source gives good results or results at all.. This should be optional and the default shoulb be not to create this tag-field, because not all users may want a seperate non-official tag-field.
ohneland

Post by ohneland »

Hi
I think this is a superworking script. I love it. Before applying it to my music collection i have one issue though:
I am rather confused about how Windows Explorer deals with 'date added' and 'last changed':
I have updated the lyrics of one file in a folder: the file keeps the 'last changed'-date to when I created it while the 'date added' is updated to the date when I added the lyrics.
However, the folder behaves the other way round: 'last changed' shows the date of the change and the 'date added' the date of creation.
While this is an issue for windows rather than for MM, I still wonder whether there is a way to avoid the date tag of the musicfile being updated? So that Windows Epxlorer won't display updated files on top when sorting by 'last changed'?
This would enable us to keep the original date when the file was added...
ohneland

Win 10
Logitech Media Server on a Synology NAS with diff. players
MM 5, MP3Tag, EAC, Musicbee
Meander

Post by Meander »

Possible small bug in the Options sheet. When unchecking 'Enabletoolbar icon' the toolbar icon disappears after confirmation. But...
...it mysteriously reappears again. Can anyone else confirm that? It doesn't want to disable for me!

Thanks to the author for a great script, btw.
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

ohneland wrote:Hi
I think this is a superworking script. I love it. Before applying it to my music collection i have one issue though:
I am rather confused about how Windows Explorer deals with 'date added' and 'last changed':
I have updated the lyrics of one file in a folder: the file keeps the 'last changed'-date to when I created it while the 'date added' is updated to the date when I added the lyrics.
However, the folder behaves the other way round: 'last changed' shows the date of the change and the 'date added' the date of creation.
While this is an issue for windows rather than for MM, I still wonder whether there is a way to avoid the date tag of the musicfile being updated? So that Windows Epxlorer won't display updated files on top when sorting by 'last changed'?
This would enable us to keep the original date when the file was added...
I haven't really paid attention to file dates and how they are behaving. Do you see date behavior any differently when looking at the song list within MediaMonkey?
ImageSpoon!
ohneland

Post by ohneland »

Well as I have said it is confusing in relation to the Win Explorer. It modifies the "last changed" date of the folders. All relevant date fields in mm stay intact. I haven't really had a chance to check the "date added" playlist as I seem to have lost these playlists somehow...
ohneland

Win 10
ohneland

How can I sync lyrics to tags?

Post by ohneland »

Hi
there seems to be an issue of how syncing lyrics to the tags. After letting the files run through MM's lyricator I can see in MM that lyrics are there but I can't get them to display in either MP3tag or other music players.
I have let run the sync tags command.
How can i do this? Thaks for help!

[img]how%20can%20I%20display%20screenshots?[/img]
ohneland

Win 10
ohneland

Post by ohneland »

Hope you can see this pic
ohneland

Win 10
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

thehammer

Re: How can I sync lyrics to tags?

Post by thehammer »

ohneland wrote:Hi
there seems to be an issue of how syncing lyrics to the tags. After letting the files run through MM's lyricator I can see in MM that lyrics are there but I can't get them to display in either MP3tag or other music players.
I have let run the sync tags command.
How can i do this? Thaks for help!

[img]how%20can%20I%20display%20screenshots?[/img]
That is odd. Try doing this to troubleshoot a MM sync issue between the library and the file tag... In the navigation tree, expand Files to Edit and click on Unsynchronized Tags. While that is analyzing your library or after it is done, add the Lyrics column to the report and see if the values in the Lyrics column show up with a yellow color. If they do, you can right click on the row and click on Synchronize Tags to sync the Library info to the file tags.
ImageSpoon!
ohneland

Re: How can I sync lyrics to tags?

Post by ohneland »

thehammer wrote: Try doing this to troubleshoot a MM sync issue between the library and the file tag... In the navigation tree, expand Files to Edit and click on Unsynchronized Tags. While that is analyzing your library or after it is done, add the Lyrics column to the report and see if the values in the Lyrics column show up with a yellow color. If they do, you can right click on the row and click on Synchronize Tags to sync the Library info to the file tags.
Hi,
there are billions of fields highlighted in yellow.
How can I tell the information from the library from the information from the tags? Eg sometimes the lyric field is highlighted with lyrics displayed, sometimes with no lyrics displayed.
As far as I understand MM, syncing might either result in writing the lyrics into the tag or wiping the lyrics from the tag.
ohneland

Win 10
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Unsynchronized Tags will show all files with a different value in the tags from the Library or where ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags differ. Values shown are always Library values.
ohneland

Post by ohneland »

Can I select which files to sync? Or do I have to sync all Files?
ohneland

Win 10