Discogs Tagger 5.75 (Updated: 2020-05-05)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

DJSamhein
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:43 am

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.73 (Updated: 2020-04-16)

Post by DJSamhein » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:24 am

The albums that have repeated track names are a minority. So my advice would be to detect if there are repeated names and:
-If there aren't, use the same method as before. It was working fine for a long time, no need to change it.
-If there are, you have to check if the number of tracks is the same on discogs list and MM track list.
--If it is, then just order by track and assume that order.
--If not, apply one method and show some button on the page where we can switch between methods to see which better fits.

This still won't fix every case, but it will probably cover more cases than before while maintaing the "normal" album method working properly to minimize impact.

crap_inhuman
Posts: 762
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:00 am
Location: Friedberg / Hessen / Germany
Contact:

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.74 (Updated: 2020-04-26)

Post by crap_inhuman » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:43 pm

I just released a new Version.

Thanks to DJ Samhein. I have done it as you suggested. But i don't place a button to switch the methods, cause using the new method didn't work with unique number of tracks. The best way to tag album with same track names is to choose a discogs album with same number of tracks. (I would do this every time)

For better understanding:
  • Check for repeated names:
  • If there aren't, the old matching method will be used
  • If there are, check if the number of tracks is the same on discogs list and MM track list.
  • - If it is, then the new matching method will be used
  • - If not, the old method will be used -> Songs with same name will be tagged with same tracknumber, to avoid this, select a discogs album with same number of tracks
I think now are all problems solved.

If not, please post it here.
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0

DJSamhein
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:43 am

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.74 (Updated: 2020-04-26)

Post by DJSamhein » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:50 pm

I went to check some albums that were problematic.

-The Ayria album works fine

-The Ikon album (r5788257) doesn't work. It was the one that had repeated tracks that I reported initially. It orders the tracks by track name, even if I search only for release number. It matches all tracks but all in the wrong order.

-Adam Ant - Strip: The bonus tracks don't actually match the name completely, but it tries to rename track 18 and track 11 incorrectly. I have 11-Strip (Demo Version) and 18-Strip (Live), and it tries to tag track 18 as 11-Strip (Demo) and 11 as 18-Strip (Live Studio Version)

I then tried Dream Theater ‎- Black Clouds & Silver Linings, the bonus CDs version (r3854062) and that one is even weirder. The third disc is basically just the instrumental versions so lots of repeated names. When I had the tracks named with "trackname (Instrumental)" it wouldn't match one of them and it worked reasonably well, except that it tried to retrack the first disc as the third one (screenshot).
But when I remove the (Instrumental) from the last disc, the matching is all screwed up (screenshot).

All in all, from the tests I tried, it seems that normal albums work fine. The Adam Ant album is something like a fluke and probably happened before as well.
The repeated tracks albums don't seem to be working well yet.

crap_inhuman
Posts: 762
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:00 am
Location: Friedberg / Hessen / Germany
Contact:

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.74 (Updated: 2020-04-26)

Post by crap_inhuman » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:22 pm

Did you use the new MM Version?
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0

DJSamhein
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:43 am

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.74 (Updated: 2020-04-26)

Post by DJSamhein » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:59 pm

Yes, I tried them after updating the version to 5.7.4

crap_inhuman
Posts: 762
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:00 am
Location: Friedberg / Hessen / Germany
Contact:

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.74 (Updated: 2020-04-26)

Post by crap_inhuman » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:30 pm

DJSamhein wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:59 pm
Yes, I tried them after updating the version to 5.7.4
I mean the Media Monkey Version 4.1.28.1905, i hope not :wink:
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0

DJSamhein
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:43 am

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.74 (Updated: 2020-04-26)

Post by DJSamhein » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:32 pm

Oh that, I forgot that I needed the new version. I was testing with the old one, because of the auto DJ problem.
So I installed the new MM version and these are the results:

-Adam Ant: still the same, tries to switch tracks 11 and 18
-Ikon: if I select the correct album from the dropdown (the list has several albums and the correct one isn't the first choice) it will list tracks by name. If I search for release number directly, it will tag everything correctly.
-Dream Theater: both selecting from the list or inserting the release number do the same thing, which is basically tagging all tracks correctly except that it tries to change disc 1 to disc 3 (so I'd end up with 2 disc 3 and none disc 1)

crap_inhuman
Posts: 762
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:00 am
Location: Friedberg / Hessen / Germany
Contact:

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.74 (Updated: 2020-04-26)

Post by crap_inhuman » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:56 pm

DJSamhein wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:32 pm
Oh that, I forgot that I needed the new version. I was testing with the old one, because of the auto DJ problem.
So I installed the new MM version and these are the results:

-Adam Ant: still the same, tries to switch tracks 11 and 18
-Ikon: if I select the correct album from the dropdown (the list has several albums and the correct one isn't the first choice) it will list tracks by name. If I search for release number directly, it will tag everything correctly.
-Dream Theater: both selecting from the list or inserting the release number do the same thing, which is basically tagging all tracks correctly except that it tries to change disc 1 to disc 3 (so I'd end up with 2 disc 3 and none disc 1)
What is the release number of the Adam Ant album ?
Ikon:Has the first album that you see the correct number of tracks?
Dream Theater: Did you try to tag all 3 discs together? Are the number of tracks are the same?
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0

misterioso
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 7:14 pm

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.74 (Updated: 2020-04-26)

Post by misterioso » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:14 pm

v5.74 is working fine for me. Thanks for the quick update, crap_inhuman.

DJSamhein
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:43 am

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.74 (Updated: 2020-04-26)

Post by DJSamhein » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:28 pm

crap_inhuman wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:56 pm
What is the release number of the Adam Ant album ?
Ikon:Has the first album that you see the correct number of tracks?
Dream Theater: Did you try to tag all 3 discs together? Are the number of tracks are the same?
-Adam ant: r570889
-In both cases (Ikon and Dream Theater), the first album doesn't have the right number of tracks. But with Ikon it won't order properly when I switch to it and with DT it will (except for the disc 3 issue)
-I did try to tag all 3 discs together and yes, the number of tracks match. It should also be noted that disc 3 is the instrumental version of disc 1, so it has the same exact tracks.

TroubleClef
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:59 pm

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.74 (Updated: 2020-04-26)

Post by TroubleClef » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:51 am

Hi I just tested the latest tagger version and latest MMW beta on an album with several takes of a few different tracks and the results were the same as always. Every track with the same name was assigned the same track number.
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester

crap_inhuman
Posts: 762
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:00 am
Location: Friedberg / Hessen / Germany
Contact:

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.74 (Updated: 2020-04-26)

Post by crap_inhuman » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:11 am

TroubleClef wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:51 am
Hi I just tested the latest tagger version and latest MMW beta on an album with several takes of a few different tracks and the results were the same as always. Every track with the same name was assigned the same track number.
Thank you for testing. Could you give me a release number, you have tried to tag ? Has the album you selected and the release at discogs the same number of tracks ?
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0

crap_inhuman
Posts: 762
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:00 am
Location: Friedberg / Hessen / Germany
Contact:

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.74 (Updated: 2020-04-26)

Post by crap_inhuman » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:11 am

misterioso wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:14 pm
v5.74 is working fine for me. Thanks for the quick update, crap_inhuman.
Thank you for your feedback !
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0

crap_inhuman
Posts: 762
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:00 am
Location: Friedberg / Hessen / Germany
Contact:

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.74 (Updated: 2020-04-26)

Post by crap_inhuman » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:40 am

DJSamhein wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:28 pm
crap_inhuman wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:56 pm
What is the release number of the Adam Ant album ?
Ikon:Has the first album that you see the correct number of tracks?
Dream Theater: Did you try to tag all 3 discs together? Are the number of tracks are the same?
-Adam ant: r570889
-In both cases (Ikon and Dream Theater), the first album doesn't have the right number of tracks. But with Ikon it won't order properly when I switch to it and with DT it will (except for the disc 3 issue)
-I did try to tag all 3 discs together and yes, the number of tracks match. It should also be noted that disc 3 is the instrumental version of disc 1, so it has the same exact tracks.
Adam Ant: I have the same problem with one album, too. AC/DC - Bonfire (r1293550). The track D02-T04 and D04-T06 (Sin City) are always switched. Other tracks, which are doubled in this release are correct. Maybe it is a MM Problem.
Dream Theater: I saw in your screenshot, that one track is not marked in the lower window. So the number of tracks are not the equal and DT will use the old matching method. If you use a release with the same number of tracks, it should work.
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0

DJSamhein
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:43 am

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.74 (Updated: 2020-04-26)

Post by DJSamhein » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:13 am

crap_inhuman wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:40 am
Dream Theater: I saw in your screenshot, that one track is not marked in the lower window. So the number of tracks are not the equal and DT will use the old matching method. If you use a release with the same number of tracks, it should work.
That screenshot was made without the new MM version. With the new MM version, it matches all and tries to change disc 1 to disc 3. screenshot

Post Reply