Discogs Tagger 5.84 (Updated: 2024-01-03)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

crap_inhuman

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.0 (Updated: 2014-09-07)

Post by crap_inhuman »

snox wrote:I'm, getting random script errors using the 5.0 version. Couldn't figure out why some songs work flawless and others don't.

For example when I start the script using CTRL+L on the song Nicone, Malonda Let Love Begin Remixed I get this

followed by this

It also happens with other songs. Another example is if I enter manually in the search field c2c happy I get this:

followed by

My guess is that it has something to do with the comma / numbers. Any ideas?
Hi snox,

thank you for posting the errors.
I just removed the bugs and release a new version of the script.

Please load the new version and test the tracks again.

cheers,
Sven
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0
Risch Geuner

Re: Discogs Tagger 4.53 (Updated: 2014-08-28)

Post by Risch Geuner »

crap_inhuman wrote:
Hi Risch,

please try it again.
I think, i found the issue. :wink:

cheers,
Sven
Hey Sven,

thanks a lots for your work! After having updated to 5.01 had some VB-Script Error alerts though.
But in the end it seems now to work, yeah :)

Cheers,
Risch
snox

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.01 (Updated: 2014-09-09)

Post by snox »

Hey Sven,

thank you for your effort. With 5.01 I had only one VBScript Error which I could not reproduce. It seems to work now. :D

Cheers,
snox
snox

Post by snox »

Ok the VB Script Error hit again. This time the Tag window was already open and I did a quick search for "The Chamber".

Manniger

Re: Discogs Tagger 4.52 (Updated: 2014-08-11)

Post by Manniger »

Manniger wrote:
crap_inhuman wrote:
Manniger wrote: I also do find the respecitve titles in the discogs release, so that's not the problem. Is there any way to match tracks manually with the discogs release as it is possible with Windows Media Player, for example?
Try the other discogs batch tagger http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brows ... ch-tagger/
With this script you can change the track order
Hi Crap_Inhuman,

thanks for your reply and your help - I couldn't figure out how to change track order but at least I managed to tag the missing tracks - thanks =)

Best regards

Still don't know how to change track order or to manually match tracks. Also the batch tagger matches the tracks incorrectly.
crap_inhuman

Re: Discogs Tagger 4.52 (Updated: 2014-08-11)

Post by crap_inhuman »

Manniger wrote:Still don't know how to change track order or to manually match tracks.
At the bottom left you find 2 buttons: up and down. Select a track and push the down or up button. That's it.
Manniger wrote:Also the batch tagger matches the tracks incorrectly.
The batch tagger doesn't try to match the tracks like mm. If your tracks have correct track-numbering, the batch tagger show them in correct oder.
Metal up your ass !

Scoris

Post by Scoris »

crap_inhuman wrote:I released a new Version 5.0

Now you can use Musicbrainz.org for search, too !

Please post any problems and bugs here in this threat, thank you !
Attempted to use MBz for search on previously tagged albums (to verify that info was correct). Found that with multiple albums I would get VBS errors.

For example AC/DC Ballbreaker tags fine in discogs but MBz gives me the following errors.

Error #-2147024891- msxml6.dll
Access is denied.

File: "C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\DiscogsAutoTagWeb.vbs", Line: 3428, Column: 5

Also gives the error

Error happened during script execution:
List index out of bounds (0)

Thanks
Libarch

Post by Libarch »

Hello,
I'm having some trouble tagging a CD which is listed on Discogs with index tracks and sub-tracks, see here. Using the Tagger, only the two index tracks are listed when of course it is the sub-tracks I am interested in. The release notes to V4.30 mentions an option 'Unselect tracks without track-number', but I can't find this - see screenshot: Image
Am I doing something wrong here?!

Thanks for all your work
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

Scoris wrote:
crap_inhuman wrote:I released a new Version 5.0

Now you can use Musicbrainz.org for search, too !

Please post any problems and bugs here in this threat, thank you !
Attempted to use MBz for search on previously tagged albums (to verify that info was correct). Found that with multiple albums I would get VBS errors.

For example AC/DC Ballbreaker tags fine in discogs but MBz gives me the following errors.

Error #-2147024891- msxml6.dll
Access is denied.

File: "C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\DiscogsAutoTagWeb.vbs", Line: 3428, Column: 5

Hi Scoris,

please reinstall the script and choose the option "only install for me".

Scoris wrote:Also gives the error

Error happened during script execution:
List index out of bounds (0)

Thanks
I need the line number (Second error message) to find the bug. And Artist and Album you searched for would be great !
Metal up your ass !

crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

Libarch wrote:Hello,
I'm having some trouble tagging a CD which is listed on Discogs with index tracks and sub-tracks, see here. Using the Tagger, only the two index tracks are listed when of course it is the sub-tracks I am interested in. The release notes to V4.30 mentions an option 'Unselect tracks without track-number', but I can't find this - see screenshot: Image
Am I doing something wrong here?!

Thanks for all your work
Thank you for reporting this problem. Discogs changed the structure of the tracklist. I have to change the script. I release a new version soon !
Metal up your ass !

tj_only@hotmail.com

Post by tj_only@hotmail.com »

Fantastic, amazing, wonderful utility! Bravo!

I have a question and several minor requests/suggestions:

Questions:

Q1) On the results DIV, why are there two check boxes next to "Album Artist"?

Requests/Suggestions:

1) "Every invol. people single line" seems to work opposite how the name would suggest. If checked, "Involved People" are displayed on separate lines. If unchecked, they are displayed in a single line. I would recommend that the text be changed or that you apply a boolean "not" operand when evaluating the check value.

2) In the dropdown list of search results, sometimes the result details are very long -- particularly the label information. Often, "year" and "country" get cut off, and I find those fields particularly valuable to help me select the desired result. Now, it's easy enough for me to hack my own local copy of the script. But, i would recommend that you modify the script so that year and country immediately follow the artist and title -- or at least precede the label information.

3) The script can modify Comments and Lyricists tags. However, those tags are NOT available in the column chooser for the edit grid. Can those tags be added to the column chooser in the grid? (On a similar note, the edit grid lets you show the "Lyrics" tag, even though i am not aware of any script that can auto-tag Lyrics using this grid.)

4) Is there a way to save the columns "shown/hidden" in the edit grid, so that next time it will remember what columns i had showing last time? I like using Discogs for "Involved People" and "Producer", but i have to "show" those columns every time i run the tool.

5) Is there a way to show "More Images" on the main DIV, rather than a pop-up? The pop-up is a little flaky in that if you check one of the MORE IMAGES to save, but then you check/uncheck something in the main DIV, it forgets what you had checked in the popup, which is a little annoying.

6) In the Tools > Options, the user can enter keywords that targets metadata to Lyricist, Conductor, Producer, etc. And the rest of the metadata is dumped into "Involved People". Some of that data is useless to me, and I would like to filter it out. (I use the "RegExp Find/Replace" tool to remove unwanted tags from "Involved People".) However, it would be wonderful to have an additional "Ignore these tags" textbox for phrases such as "Photographed by", "Engineer", etc. that I would prefer NOT end up in "Involved people".

Thank you so much for your contributions. This is an excellent, invaluable utility!
tj_only@hotmail.com

Post by tj_only@hotmail.com »

A couple more notes:

7) Another downside to the MORE IMAGES popup: They don't automatically save when you press "Auto-Tag". You have to close the entire "auto tag" window or you have to select another script option such as "US (Amazon.com)" in order to be prompted to Save those images to the selected files. Often, i navigate through several Discogs results while tagging, because the data varies from result to result (e.g., some of the results have Producer and some don't, others have Involved People, etc.). But, the MORE IMAGES quirk forces me to stop what i'm doing and switch scripts or close the window in order to save those extra images. Otherwise, i lose them. And, that is a pain.

8) Save settings - It seems you can save every setting, except Cover Image and More Images. I wish i could have it grab all of the images, all of the time. It already seems to be able to distinguish unique images, so it doesn't save multiple copies of the same thing (which is great). However, I wish there were a simple method to have it grab all of the images, so that I can sort through them later and discard the ones i don't want.

9) New setting: "Don't copy empty values to non-empty fields". This has happened many times. Had most of my fields populated, was trying to grab some additional data, and accidentally overwrote one of my non-empty fields with a blank value (due the Discogs result). This option would prevent that.

Thanks again. I love the craftmanship that you have put into this tool. Wonderful!
tj_junk

Post by tj_junk »

Let's add a couple more for completeness. :D

10) The Country and Year filter controls are cropped (at least on my 1152 x 864 monitor). Seems like you could avoid that by:
a) shifting the Discogs logo to the top of the screen (with no padding or margin),
b) moving the controls all the way to the left of the screen, and
c) switching the order of the year and country filter controls (i.e., place the narrower year control to the left of the wider country control).

11) Number of tracks is extremely useful in selecting a result. Can it be displayed in the search results dropdown?
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

tj_only@hotmail.com wrote:Fantastic, amazing, wonderful utility! Bravo!
Thank you. :D
tj_only@hotmail.com wrote:I have a question and several minor requests/suggestions:

Questions:

Q1) On the results DIV, why are there two check boxes next to "Album Artist"?
This is a good question. To be honest, i don't know. :-? As i take over the maintain of the script, the second check box was already there. I put it long time ago on my ToDo List.. And it's still on the list :wink:
tj_only@hotmail.com wrote:Requests/Suggestions:

1) "Every invol. people single line" seems to work opposite how the name would suggest. If checked, "Involved People" are displayed on separate lines. If unchecked, they are displayed in a single line. I would recommend that the text be changed or that you apply a boolean "not" operand when evaluating the check value.
Thank you for the tip. I will change the text to "Every invol. people on separate lines".
tj_only@hotmail.com wrote:2) In the dropdown list of search results, sometimes the result details are very long -- particularly the label information. Often, "year" and "country" get cut off, and I find those fields particularly valuable to help me select the desired result. Now, it's easy enough for me to hack my own local copy of the script. But, i would recommend that you modify the script so that year and country immediately follow the artist and title -- or at least precede the label information.
Full Ack. :D I change the order in the next release.
tj_only@hotmail.com wrote:3) The script can modify Comments and Lyricists tags. However, those tags are NOT available in the column chooser for the edit grid. Can those tags be added to the column chooser in the grid? (On a similar note, the edit grid lets you show the "Lyrics" tag, even though i am not aware of any script that can auto-tag Lyrics using this grid.)
I have noticed the same thing, but the column chooser is controlled by MediaMonkey.
tj_only@hotmail.com wrote:4) Is there a way to save the columns "shown/hidden" in the edit grid, so that next time it will remember what columns i had showing last time? I like using Discogs for "Involved People" and "Producer", but i have to "show" those columns every time i run the tool.
Same here. It's controlled by MM.
tj_only@hotmail.com wrote:5) Is there a way to show "More Images" on the main DIV, rather than a pop-up? The pop-up is a little flaky in that if you check one of the MORE IMAGES to save, but then you check/uncheck something in the main DIV, it forgets what you had checked in the popup, which is a little annoying.
I think, there is no place for more images in the main DIV.
You can't check an image for save and change the selected release. If you choose another release, the script forget all selected images.
tj_only@hotmail.com wrote:6) In the Tools > Options, the user can enter keywords that targets metadata to Lyricist, Conductor, Producer, etc. And the rest of the metadata is dumped into "Involved People". Some of that data is useless to me, and I would like to filter it out. (I use the "RegExp Find/Replace" tool to remove unwanted tags from "Involved People".) However, it would be wonderful to have an additional "Ignore these tags" textbox for phrases such as "Photographed by", "Engineer", etc. that I would prefer NOT end up in "Involved people".
Good idea. I add it in the next release.
tj_only@hotmail.com wrote:7) Another downside to the MORE IMAGES popup: They don't automatically save when you press "Auto-Tag". You have to close the entire "auto tag" window or you have to select another script option such as "US (Amazon.com)" in order to be prompted to Save those images to the selected files. Often, i navigate through several Discogs results while tagging, because the data varies from result to result (e.g., some of the results have Producer and some don't, others have Involved People, etc.). But, the MORE IMAGES quirk forces me to stop what i'm doing and switch scripts or close the window in order to save those extra images. Otherwise, i lose them. And, that is a pain.
That's a big problem. The script can't recognize it, when you press "Auto-Tag". MM control this button. I can add an option, where you can choose to save the selected images immediately or the old way after closing the script.
tj_only@hotmail.com wrote:8) Save settings - It seems you can save every setting, except Cover Image and More Images. I wish i could have it grab all of the images, all of the time. It already seems to be able to distinguish unique images, so it doesn't save multiple copies of the same thing (which is great). However, I wish there were a simple method to have it grab all of the images, so that I can sort through them later and discard the ones i don't want.
I think about it to add an option for saving all the images.
tj_only@hotmail.com wrote:9) New setting: "Don't copy empty values to non-empty fields". This has happened many times. Had most of my fields populated, was trying to grab some additional data, and accidentally overwrote one of my non-empty fields with a blank value (due the Discogs result). This option would prevent that.
I discuss this some time ago here. I add this setting to the option menu.

Thank you for all the suggestions and feature requests !!
tj_junk wrote:Let's add a couple more for completeness. :D

10) The Country and Year filter controls are cropped (at least on my 1152 x 864 monitor). Seems like you could avoid that by:
a) shifting the Discogs logo to the top of the screen (with no padding or margin),
b) moving the controls all the way to the left of the screen, and
c) switching the order of the year and country filter controls (i.e., place the narrower year control to the left of the wider country control).
Placing objects in html was never my strong point. :wink: I check this out and will do my best.
tj_junk wrote:11) Number of tracks is extremely useful in selecting a result. Can it be displayed in the search results dropdown?
That's right. But the search result from discogs doesn't contain the number of tracks.

Thank you for your request !
Metal up your ass !

Imkal

Post by Imkal »

Hi All,

Since last version of MM, the batch tagger doesn't work anymore. I receive an error saying that a variable is trying to an arry outside its boundary (or something like that) at line 892. This is happening what ever the album I'm choosing.?

Thanks and have a nice day,
Imkal