Discogs Tagger 5.84 (Updated: 2024-01-03)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Hogola

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.80 (Updated: 2021-03-08)

Post by Hogola »

Hello,
new to MediaMonkey and a bit stocked with all the options and the feature richness.
I have the Discogs Tagger working without any issues but would like if at all possible pre-select
existing filters. Is that at all possible? For example I have only ripped CD's and only from particular
regions.
I have not been able a working solution, it seems that you have re-select every time you search.

But then I might be missing a trick ... - Thanks for the help/suggestions
zimbo

Post by zimbo »

Hi there,
I need also a litte bit help with Discogs Tagger. Thank you for your time and effort.

I tag my Music Videos and I need only the Genre / Genre-Style form Discogs.

So I uncheck all options, check only Genre and then save my selection.

But after the next start of MediaMonkey and Discogs Tagger, all the tracks and the cover is checked again.

What am I doing wrong?
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

Hogola wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:58 am Hello,
new to MediaMonkey and a bit stocked with all the options and the feature richness.
I have the Discogs Tagger working without any issues but would like if at all possible pre-select
existing filters. Is that at all possible? For example I have only ripped CD's and only from particular
regions.
I have not been able a working solution, it seems that you have re-select every time you search.

But then I might be missing a trick ... - Thanks for the help/suggestions
Hi,
welcome to the forum.
Sure, you can preselect the filter. Just set them like you want and press the "save options" button on the left side.
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

zimbo wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:48 pm Hi there,
I need also a litte bit help with Discogs Tagger. Thank you for your time and effort.

I tag my Music Videos and I need only the Genre / Genre-Style form Discogs.

So I uncheck all options, check only Genre and then save my selection.

But after the next start of MediaMonkey and Discogs Tagger, all the tracks and the cover is checked again.

What am I doing wrong?
Hi,
the tracks are always checked at the start of the Discogs Tagger.
For the cover you have some options in the Tools->Options window of Media Monkey. There you find a section "Discogs Tagger". There you can set, if the cover is always checked or only if the cover is missing.
Metal up your ass !

zimbo

Post by zimbo »

Thank you for your fast answer.
Hogola

Post by Hogola »

Thank You, that was way to easy! I guess the option is not where you expect it with the filters on the right and that all the way on the left.
Again thanks, I have a few more things but I they might be more features as me been to stupid to use MM. I will continue to collect and make
worth your while .. :D
Hogola

Post by Hogola »

Sorry I have yet another question with regards to the "Country Filter" - I have selected US/Australia/Europe & UK as my standard default.
Now when I submit to query DISCOGS how does it decide that the US for example is the right country to select, dos it do that because it is the first Country/Region in the list?
Reason why I ask, I have had a number of cases where it selected the US as default but it was the wrong Country/Region i.e. it detects a mismatch in the amount of tracks available against DISCOGS.
When I manually search DISCOGS it almost always hits me by default with EUROPE as Country/Region and in 95% of all cases with the correct release.
Something I should configure differently in MM? or is this just the way it is ?

Thanks TL
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

Hogola wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:37 am Sorry I have yet another question with regards to the "Country Filter" - I have selected US/Australia/Europe & UK as my standard default.
Now when I submit to query DISCOGS how does it decide that the US for example is the right country to select, dos it do that because it is the first Country/Region in the list?
Reason why I ask, I have had a number of cases where it selected the US as default but it was the wrong Country/Region i.e. it detects a mismatch in the amount of tracks available against DISCOGS.
When I manually search DISCOGS it almost always hits me by default with EUROPE as Country/Region and in 95% of all cases with the correct release.
Something I should configure differently in MM? or is this just the way it is ?

Thanks TL
No problem, always ask your question.
The Discogs Tagger get all releases from Discogs which match the artist and the album. After that it filter the result with your selected country. The first country which match win. ;)
Searching at the Discogs page and searching with the Tagger is different, i know. I asked in the discogs forum, why it is so different but i got no answer.
You are right, this is just the way it is. ;-)

Greetings
Sven
Metal up your ass !

crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

Hogola wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:33 am Thank You, that was way to easy! I guess the option is not where you expect it with the filters on the right and that all the way on the left.
Again thanks, I have a few more things but I they might be more features as me been to stupid to use MM. I will continue to collect and make
worth your while .. :D
I'm happy that i could help. :D

On many buttons are tips, if you mouse-over them. Sometimes they can help understand. If not, ask here in the forum ;)
Metal up your ass !

Hogola

Post by Hogola »

Moin Moin,

back again, as I have noticed that the script/program does not pick up on previously tagged releases. I have already a large
number of previously against Discogs hand checked, hand tagged and safely stored. Now when I import those into MM and check
with MM-Discogs-Tagger it goes and finds a release which does not necessarily match the imported and already checked album/track.
Now one could ask why check them in MM again when they are already and answer is that is purely out of consistency and also just to check
how good the script/program provided is.
Now I have done the tagging with MP3TAG and I know that the "Discogs Release ID" is embedded in each track after tagging it, could the
the script/program be modified to check against the existent of for example 'DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID' ? If it does find it populated to search for the release id
rather then 'Artist & Album' ? The same applies to MusicBrainz and any other service that could be used but I think Discogs & Musicbrainz are the most important.

Ta very much and sorry for the long message ..
Hogola

Post by Hogola »

I noticed 2 more things which I personally do not find good.

1) YEAR is duplicated i.e. appears for example 2007//2007 (screenshot MP3TAG enclosed).
2) Cover (Pictures) you should have the option to use new or keep existing if already in place.

I am sorry, I have used every tagger under Sun and have ruined my collection twice because of putting to much trust in what is given.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) That's not because of Discogs Tagger, you can disable this: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... year-date/
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

Hogola wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:50 am Moin Moin,

back again, as I have noticed that the script/program does not pick up on previously tagged releases. I have already a large
number of previously against Discogs hand checked, hand tagged and safely stored. Now when I import those into MM and check
with MM-Discogs-Tagger it goes and finds a release which does not necessarily match the imported and already checked album/track.
Now one could ask why check them in MM again when they are already and answer is that is purely out of consistency and also just to check
how good the script/program provided is.
Now I have done the tagging with MP3TAG and I know that the "Discogs Release ID" is embedded in each track after tagging it, could the
the script/program be modified to check against the existent of for example 'DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID' ? If it does find it populated to search for the release id
rather then 'Artist & Album' ? The same applies to MusicBrainz and any other service that could be used but I think Discogs & Musicbrainz are the most important.

Ta very much and sorry for the long message ..
Moin Moin,

the script use his own way to store a release number. It store it in the Custom id 2. You can see it in the options menu of Mediamonkey Tools->Options->Discogs Tagger
AFAIK Mediamonkey didn't read the DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID, so i can't get them with the script. Maybe you can ask the devs for this feature.

You can get a release by its number, just paste the releasenumber in the upper field of the script window.

The MusicBrainz releasenumber is stored in the Custom id 2, too.

After you have tagged a release with the Discogs Tagger, it will always show you this release first.

Better a long message i understand, than a short with many question-mark ;)
Metal up your ass !

crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

Hogola wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:04 am I noticed 2 more things which I personally do not find good.

1) YEAR is duplicated i.e. appears for example 2007//2007 (screenshot MP3TAG enclosed).
2) Cover (Pictures) you should have the option to use new or keep existing if already in place.

I am sorry, I have used every tagger under Sun and have ruined my collection twice because of putting to much trust in what is given.
There is an option for the covers. You can find it here: Mediamonkey->Tools->Options->Discogs Tagger
Metal up your ass !

Roxie2401

Discogs tagger for MM5

Post by Roxie2401 »

Hi - I'm new to MediaMonkey and have been using a program called CATraxx which can access both GraceNote CDDB and Discogs for obtaining additional information. If I remember, there is a licensing requirement for CDDB but only an account/authorization for Discogs.

I tested MM4 and found the Discogs Tagger and added that script to my V4.

Question: Will there be a "Discogs Tagger" script for MM5?

And the related question - with FreeDB maybe dead, any chance of getting Discogs integration into MM5 (Maybe in the Auto CD metadata lookup drop-down box for selecting the external database after the user has "Authorized" use in Discogs?) What I'm suggesting is that the menu item be grayed out until the user established a Discogs account.

Sorry if this was not the correct location for this post ---- still getting used to the Forum layout.