Notes about these scripts:
* Updating the export.vbs might result in losing the updates when new version of MM is installed.
* These scripts have not been extensively tested, so create backup of current HTML output script.
* These scripts have not been tested in other browsers than IE6 so in other browsers the results might be undesired.
* These scripts should not, but could possibly update the MM DB, as such it is always a good idea to backup the DB when trying a third-party script.
* You'll need to modify the scripts do to a mistake in the way forums display code. You'll need to replace this & n b s p ; part by the same thing without the spaces in between. This code is the HTML code for an empty space (Simply writing an empty space won't do).
* Feel free to use and modify these scripts as that's where they are meant for. They are meant to give you an idea of what is possible as well as some design modifications over the current scripts.
* Create a new script file (*.vbs) to include these scripts. This will prevent them from being erased by new installations of MM, allow you to keep the current HTML output script and include as many output scripts as you want. You'll need to add this part first to any new file:
You'll need to modify the following part of the scripts:Option Explicit ' report undefined variables, ...
' function for quoting strings
Function QStr( astr)
QStr = chr(34) & astr & chr(34)
Dim list ' list of songs to be exported
Dim res ' results of dialogs calls
Dim fullfile ' fully specified output file name
Dim fso ' FileSystemObject
' SDB variable is connected to MediaMonkey application object
Sub InitExport( ext, filter, iniDirValue)
fullfile = ""
' Get a list of songs to be exported
Set list = SDB.SelectedSongList
If list.count=0 Then
Set list = SDB.AllVisibleSongList
If list.count=0 Then
res = SDB.MessageBox( "Select songs to be exported, please.", mtError, Array(mbOk))
' Open inifile and get last used directory
Set iniF = SDB.IniFile
' Create common dialog and ask where to save the file
Set dlg = SDB.CommonDialog
dlg.Flags=cdlOFNOverwritePrompt + cdlOFNHideReadOnly
dlg.InitDir = iniF.StringValue( "Scripts", iniDirValue)
if Not dlg.Ok Then
Exit Sub ' if cancel was pressed, exit
' Get the selected filename
fullfile = dlg.FileName
' Connect to the FileSystemObject
Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
' Write selected directory to the ini file
iniF.StringValue( "Scripts", iniDirValue) = fullfile
Sub FinishExport( ok)
On Error Resume Next
' remove the output file if terminated
if not Ok then
' Notify user that it was successful
if ok then
res = SDB.MessageBox( "Export was successfully finished.", mtInformation, Array(mbOk))
res = SDB.MessageBox( "Export was terminated.", mtInformation, Array(mbOk))
Sub ExportHTML to a unique name like Sub ExportHTML1 or any other unique name.
You'll need to modify the scripts.ini file as well. You'll need to add one of these:
[ExportHTML] change to reflect name, like [ExportHTML1]
FileName=Export.vbs change to filename of new *.vbs file
ProcName=ExportHTML change to reflect name, like [ExportHTML1]
Order=3 change to unique order number
DisplayName=Export to HTML change to name you want displayed
Description=Exports selected songs to a .htm file change if you like
Changes from current version:
* Added code to write space when cell contains no information (solves problem with table borders)
* Changed information displayed (Added Track Number and deleted Media)
* Added CSS for better formatting
* Changed table format (deleted right and left border and added column shading)
* Modified fonts
* Modified color layout
http://www.songs-db.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2391#2391 - Black & White Theme
http://www.songs-db.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2392#2392 - MediaMonkey.com Theme
http://www.songs-db.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2393#2393 - Pinternet.net Theme
http://www.songs-db.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2394#2394 - Single Artist Display
http://www.songs-db.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2395#2395 - Single Artist Sorted By Album Display