MusicBrainz NGS + AcoustId Tagger [MM3&4] v1.25 2012-01-29

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

bakker_be

Re: MusicBrainz NGS + AcoustId Tagger [MM3&4] v1.25 2012-01-

Post by bakker_be »

Hi there, me again. I've had to reinstall my Win7 machine, and now I have the overflow error on Win7 as well. Probably there is some kind of dependency missing, but I really don't know what it could be. I've only reinstalled a small portion of the previously installed programs, so I presume one of them filled the prerequisite.
H3llGhost

[MM4] Error using own search term

Post by H3llGhost »

Hello,

I got the following error in MM4 using my own search term:

Code: Select all

Error 6 - Runtime error in Microsoft VBScript
OVerflow
File: "...\MusicBrainzTaggerNGS.vbs", Line: 4176, COlumn: 5
booblers

Post by booblers »

Are these overflow errors being generated every time you attempt to use the tagger or only on certain attempts? I don't seem to be able to reproduce this.

As far as I know there should be no pre-requisites. Maybe a VC runtime dll got left out or something hmm
NextBestGuest

Post by NextBestGuest »

Hello there.
I to have the same problem as H3llGhost but there is a word "Spill" instead of his "Overflow"
It worked just fine the first time as i started it but i then changed something in the options
so it rescanned, and then i cant anymore come to change the settingspage again.

Btw, a question about the standalone "AcouistID Generator".. I just have i to populate
my custom 1-field and not any other options checked, which just gives me the AcousticID.
If i then have two or more different artists and or titles, where can i look up to know
witch file is righttagged and wich is not? Using the AcousticID i have. I cant figure out
how to put it in a common Webebserch at Musicbrains.

Could you give me a Webexample to find Ex: 51722ebf-d31e-45ee-85f4-72b6d90843e5
H3llGhost

Post by H3llGhost »

booblers wrote:Are these overflow errors being generated every time you attempt to use the tagger or only on certain attempts? I don't seem to be able to reproduce this.

As far as I know there should be no pre-requisites. Maybe a VC runtime dll got left out or something hmm
I got the error, when you are using your own search term, f.e. the system doesn't find with the given ID3 information the album, so I put the album manually as search string.
NextBestGuest wrote:Hello there.
I to have the same problem as H3llGhost but there is a word "Spill" instead of his "Overflow"
It worked just fine the first time as i started it but i then changed something in the options
so it rescanned, and then i cant anymore come to change the settingspage again.
Yeah it could be a mistake, I tried to translate the error message.
bakker_be

Post by bakker_be »

booblers wrote:Are these overflow errors being generated every time you attempt to use the tagger or only on certain attempts? I don't seem to be able to reproduce this.

I get them every time :-( and due to the fact that it's erroring out, I can't modify the settings to turn on debugging so you can get more info
bakker_be

Post by bakker_be »

Maybe interesting: this is all using MM4!
booblers

Post by booblers »

Yeah I don't use MM4 so I can't help you. Maybe something to do with per-user installation and a bad path name or etc. You'll have to track that one down yourselves.
bakker_be

Post by bakker_be »

OK, no problem. I'll try and install MM3 first, and "upgrade" to 4
bakker_be

Post by bakker_be »

Hi there, it's me again :-)
I installed MM3 again, and I still have the same behaviour :-( It generates Acoustid's, stores them in the DB, tells me it's found a release and subsequently gives an overflow error.
NextBestGuest

Post by NextBestGuest »

@bakker_be: I managed to bypass this, but i did a numerous of changes at the same time. Anyway you could try:

Close MM!
Open Mediamonkey.ini and look for: "MusicBrainzTaggerNGS". Then set every value to 0
except: CheckTracks=1, EnableAcoustID=1 and then it should start just fine. From there you
have to test witch optionset it was who messed up this. Btw, you can't say that it is a MM4
problem only because of your own experience? I have both MM4 & MM3 and it's the same problem.

(I allso executed every .exe as admin. That can also be a cause for trouble if you don't is admin..)

Stupid Windows Vista, & W7, &..., &..., :evil: :lol:

@Booblers: Maybe a Wrightpermissions-problem for the .log file or likely?
booblers

Post by booblers »

That's quite possible, yes.

I can't reproduce this and I'm not really working on the script anymore - I'm glad you worked it out in any case.
bakker_be

Post by bakker_be »

@NextBestGuest
Thanks a lot for your tips! I turns out that the overflow error only happens when I tick the box for Munkres Match.

@Booblers
Is there any way that I can debug the Munkres processing?
booblers

Post by booblers »

Well you could enable logging and then see where it stops logging to start with. You could check permissions for munkres.exe (or similar, I forget what it's called now).
cmatte

Post by cmatte »

Hi,
I wanted to start using this cool addon but I'm having major problems.
Win7 x64 and MM4.0.3.
I tried both installing the addon as admin (all users) and it prints an access denied when trying to write things in the db (because I'm using mm as plain user, as it is intended to). Instead installing it as single user it -seems- to work...but...
1. I can't find any button for settings in the top right corner, there's just the page with what the script is doing.
2. it can give tags to music, writes them, finds the corrispondence, then it says
"error #6 - run-time
Overflow
File: "C:\Users\Matte\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\MusicBrainzTaggerNGS\MusicBrainzTaggerNGS.vbs", Line: 4176, Column: 5"
What's going on? How to see settings?
The overflow jumps out even with only a track selected :(