Copying Album Cover from Track 1 to ALL others

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Krosscheck

Copying Album Cover from Track 1 to ALL others

Post by Krosscheck »

I'm hoping that someone out there can help me out. I just spent the past month manually tagging the album covers to my music collection (yes...I enjoy the zen-like process of doing it by hand...haha). After finishing, I noticed that a lot of the albums only had the album covers tagged to the first 5 songs.

Can someone tell me if there's a script out there that can take the album cover from "Track 1" and apply it to the entire album? I've been manually doing it...which might take me another month.

Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: Copying Album Cover from Track 1 to ALL others

Post by Lowlander »

Maybe (but I have my doubts): http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... art+tagger

If you select the file with the image and use Apply to all .... in the Artwork tab it should apply to all files. Files to Edit > Inconsistent Artwork should help identify the tracks with this problem.
pgrimmer

Post by pgrimmer »

Lowlander wrote:Maybe (but I have my doubts): http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... art+tagger

If you select the file with the image and use Apply to all .... in the Artwork tab it should apply to all files. Files to Edit > Inconsistent Artwork should help identify the tracks with this problem.
I'm not sure about that. Throughout all of the versions of MM3 I had an ongoing issue that most of the time when I had highlighted a group of files to tag and I did the Shift-Enter thing to edit tags, when I pasted a cover in (and I made sure the "Apply to All selected files" option was set), about half of the time the last file in the list did not get the specified album art. My standard fix is to take the un-tagged file and the one next to it in the list, highlight them both, edit the properties and then on the Artwork tab click the "Apply to all selected files" box again and then it would put the album art into the untagged last tile (usually).

I have tried to see if there was a minimum number of files above which it did this (couldn't find any relationship other than 2 seemed to work almost all of the time), the location of the mp3 files (didn't seem to matter), the genre, the artist name, etc. Nothing has seemed to affect whether this skipping of the last item album art tag occurred. I really like MediaMonkey but this "feature" has really been an annoyance for some time. I haven't tagged enough files with version 4 to see if the problem still exists.

I wonder if anyone else has had this problem...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I've always opened a single file and have it apply to all tracks on Album and this has always worked well for me.

I did run into this though: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8885
Krosscheck

Post by Krosscheck »

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to give these a try. While I was waiting, I actually found a decent "manual" way of doing it....I simply sorted the track numbers in reverse and then just went down through the albums. This quickly identified the albums that were missing the artwork on songs 6-n.