Monkey Rok 6.2 - Updated 06/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

CGX106

Re: Monkey Rok 5.3 - Updated 27/06/2010

Post by CGX106 »

If I use Monkey Rok 5.3, MediaMonkey uses up to 700 MB RAM after a few hours listening, without MR the usage is constantly ~40 MB. Also Monkey Rok 5.3 is very slow for me, add to playlist by a click needs up to five secounds, during that the player is unusable...
MR 4.1 has not problems like that for me, how can i solve them?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've been running MediaMonkey with MonkeyRok for over 3 days and I'm up to 130Mb RAM at the moment. MonkeyRok does do some caching but only one SongData at a time, a list of image locations if you've got the image cache on, a couple of other bits and pieces, certainly not a large amount of data. Which click action have you selected? Which skin are you using?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
CGX106

Post by CGX106 »

I disabled caching at all (chose "No images created"). The click options are for a single track "play next" and for a album the same, I hid all album arts in the Monkey Rok-paneel. I use the Vision-Skin without tabs by DreadM.

I have tested different options; sometimes, if I wanna add a song to the play list by clicking it in MR, I get a error which means, there is to less memory; my system has 4 GB RAM...
After the starting of MM it uses 40 MB, after switching to a new song, the usage grow about ~1 MB every time... (followed in the task manager)
trixmoto

Re: Monkey Rok 5.4 - Updated 08/08/2010

Post by trixmoto »

New version (5.4) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed hide added option was hiding rating instead
- Fixed empty skin folders included in options sheet
- Fixed artist comment not formatted correctly
- Fixed tabs in "classic_tabs" skin from going multiline
- Fixed some track based external panels not updating
- Fixed information panel not remembering its state
- Fixed full biography now used if character limit is over 500
- Fixed artist-based external panels updating for each track
- Fixed hiding external panel with context menu can hide others
- Fixed skin before/after procs not called in statistics mode
- Fixed slideshow appearing outside "Artist images" external panel
- Added option to include autoplayists in panels
- Added more options to control statistics displayed
- Added option to specify minimum album tracks
- Added option to apply filter to album and track panels
- Added "Grouping" to seed field option
- Added option to specify which field holds PUID value
- Added external panel "Suggested tags" which uses PUID
- Added attendance to "Artist events" external panel
- Added new skin "cameleon" which takes colours from current skin
- Added progress bar to installation process

The new "cameleon" is my first stab at a MonkeyRok skin which blends into the selected MediaMonkey skin. There are improvements to be made, including the icons, but hopefully this will give you an idea of what I'm trying to achieve! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

CGX106 wrote:After the starting of MM it uses 40 MB, after switching to a new song, the usage grow about ~1 MB every time
Do you have any external panels showing? Can you please deselect these and let me know if this makes any difference?
CGX106

Post by CGX106 »

trixmoto wrote:Do you have any external panels showing? Can you please deselect these and let me know if this makes any difference?
I have not selected any external panels. I've made screenshots, then you see the hole config:
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2043/mm1h.png
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/8814/mm2v.png
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'll investigate and see if I can improve the memory footprint in the next version.
Stingvogel

Post by Stingvogel »

Hi There

About the new Monkeyrok I installed today:
In the previous version with my favourite tracks came the ratings (and in brackets) the number of times played.
In this version there's only the name of the tracks but nothing behind it.

I just bought a new PC which I installed today so that there are no songs played but all of my tracks have ratings.
Can someone please help?
ojk12

Post by ojk12 »

I like having the options in Spanish so I translated the English file to Spanish, I hope it should be helpful, still there are 3 or 4 words in English but the reason is there is not enough space to show them in Spanish.

Also I want to make a question, I modified the parameter of the script to show the full screen button in the video panel.

So the problem is that it doesn't work anymore, I click it and nothing happens. Could you add an option to show this and be able to see video in fullscreen?
Here's the link to the file Spanish.txt
oldbwl

Post by oldbwl »

When I install and start MM with MROK5.4 I get a windows warning box saying "Active X is not safe with the rest of the Window" ?
I am using Vista 32bit, I have Adobe 10.1 installed (including the Active X version). I am running the latest MM and use the Skin Itunes. No other major scripts running.

The functionality is there no other disturbance I can see

If I remove MROK, the problems goes away. All installed as 'Administrator'. This did not happen with v5.3

Dan
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

It's great to see all biography showing if characters is set above 500
I note that there is a right click, "refresh" now though I think you added that in a previous update, something I wanted.
Cameleon is not working for me, it just displays classic (regardless of skin) though I am using CleanMM as my skin
Thanks for the work on this script.
MediaMonkey 3.2.4.1304 Gold Lifetime
Hardware: Intel Core 2 Quad 3.33GHz, 8Gb Ram, 2tB Internal Storage, 2tB External Storage (USB & eSATA)
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, FireFox v3.6.x, ThunderBird v3 x64, MailWasher Pro v6.5, Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
Backups by Karens Replicator v3.5.12,
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@Stingvogel - as far as I'm aware the number of times a track has been played has never been shown in brackets. Can you provide a screenshot of the section you are talking about please?

@ojk12 - thank you for the Spanish translation. I don't know exactly how the full screen option works, but I wouldn't have thought this was possible as the browser only has a very small section of the screen to fill. I can have a look in the next version though.

@oldbwl - have you tried to ActiveX registry fix? My system sounds similar to yours and I've never seen that warning message.

@paulmt - thank you. The "cameleon" skin takes as much information from the skin as possible, but uses "classic" as the base. If it still looks like "classic" then this means that the skin you are using does not have enough colours in it, or doesn't have enough information in the skin which I can get at.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Nice update trixmoto, Info state works now also hiding the Rating works fine now, and the Slideshow problem is also gone away.

But i run in some problems withe the MR installation,If I run MR with germen language ,i can't open MM anymore after MR install ,I just see MM splash screen and nothing more! ( This happens on my vista and Win 7 systems )
If i delete MR the monkey starts normal , When i install MR again and change to English language ,everything works fine than, somehow strange ,never got such problems with missing text entries , If i copy English text from line 258 to line 279 to German text file everything works fine.

Also i noticed that the Automatic Skin mode don't work .

One suggestion for the next version,
if you run MR with German text the second option pages looks very overload ,maybe you can make a third option page ,to look more clear.

Nice idea withe the cameleon skin , this can save me a lot of work :lol:

Edit : Slideshow don't works right in the tab skins,
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Unfortunately I haven't had any translate the German strings this time (feel free to send me the missing ones if you want!) but it shouldn't stop the script from loading. I'll take a look at these issues in the next version, although I've not changed the automatic skin mode at all so not sure why that's stopped working.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Thanks Trix.
Cameleon is sort of working, but at this stage, I prefer to use the real skin.
I am sure it will improve over time. :)