Monkey Rok 6.2 - Updated 06/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

dypsis

Re: Monkey Rok 5.1 - Updated 24/03/2010

Post by dypsis »

trixmoto wrote:@dypsis - yes, you have to use the context menu now to add tracks. I asked about removing this functionality and not one single person replied to say they would miss it, so I removed it. The current album's tracklist remaining displayed had to be fixed in "SkinFunctions.vbs" which means if you're using a non-included skin then it may not be fixed for you.
I didn't see you ask about removing the functionality from the Playlist. I saw you ask about the album art when you click on it.
I must have missed it.

I think it is a backward step, but it is only my opinion.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ok, I'll add the tracklist action back in, with a dropdown to control the action.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

trixmoto wrote:Ok, I'll add the tracklist action back in, with a dropdown to control the action.
Many thanks. That might be interesting. :)
Thanks Trix .... MR5.1 is great

Post by Thanks Trix .... MR5.1 is great »

Thanks for all your work in making updating and supporting Monkeyrok.

MR5.1 works great for me and I have come to like the extra features. Combined with DreadM Vision for MR skin it is a real winner.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Everything in MR 5.1 seems to be working well for me except the tabs. I still get funny tab stacking when I select the "Artist Images" tab.
I have Artist Images selected in the screenshot on the left, and Biography selected in the screenshot on the right.
Image Image
All of the other tabs seem to work fine.

Thanks again Trixmoto.
--
The gpzbc
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

UPDATE: I just figured out that this behavior doesn't occur in the "classic tabs" skin. But the weird tab behavior is exhibited in the LastFM Paint It Black skin, the Vitreous Blue, and 7on skins. So perhaps nohitter and Dreadm need to tweak the tabs skins for MR 5.1?
--
The gpzbc
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

gpzbc wrote:UPDATE: I just figured out that this behavior doesn't occur in the "classic tabs" skin. But the weird tab behavior is exhibited in the LastFM Paint It Black skin, the Vitreous Blue, and 7on skins. So perhaps nohitter and Dreadm need to tweak the tabs skins for MR 5.1?
If that is all you saw in the other skins then that is one heck of a lot better than MR5.0.
Stopped testing other skins as soon as I tried MR5.0 with NoHitter's Vitreous Blue.
:D
pkw115

Post by pkw115 »

I am having trouble with the tracks video panel. It appeared fine in 5.0 but now no longer appears in 5.1. The debug log says that the You tube search has no results, even for tracks that had results in 5.0 and for tracks that have videos on You Tube. The panel tab flickers into sight briefly on track change but does not populate. I wonder if I've some how broken mine or if others are having the same problem? I am using the classic_tabs skin, but have also tried Vitreous and 7on without seeing a difference in this issue.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

All the fixes that say "in included skin(s)" are only fixed in the included skins - this means that skinners will most likely have to fix their own skins in the same way.

@pkw115 - I'm sorry to hear that, I can't replicate the issue though. The only thing I changed between 5.1 and 5.0 was line 1535...

Code: Select all

url = "http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query="&EncodeUrl(FixPrefixes(artist))&"+"&EncodeUrl(cursong.Title)&"search_category=10&search_type=videos"
...which was previously...

url = "http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query="&EncodeUrl(FixPrefixes(artist))&"+"&EncodeUrl(cursong.Title)
The change should have made the results more accurate by searching for music videos only, but try changing it back and see if that helps.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

trixmoto wrote:All the fixes that say "in included skin(s)" are only fixed in the included skins - this means that skinners will most likely have to fix their own skins in the same way.
Well, now that you say that, it makes perfect sense. Duh. :oops: Sorry I missed it.
Hopefully Dreadm, Nohitter, and Eyal will see this.
--
The gpzbc
pkw115

Post by pkw115 »

Trixmoto, Thanks for the information. I have replaced the line in the script with the 5.0 query and am again getting results. Not sure why the new 5.1 query was not working for me. Thanks for the tip and for making a great script even better with the tabs function.
Nebbin

Post by Nebbin »

trixmoto wrote:@pkw115 - I'm sorry to hear that, I can't replicate the issue though. The only thing I changed between 5.1 and 5.0 was line 1535...

url = "http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query="&EncodeUrl(FixPrefixes(artist))&"+"&EncodeUrl(cursong.Title)&"search_category=10&search_type=videos"
...which was previously...

url = "http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query="&EncodeUrl(FixPrefixes(artist))&"+"&EncodeUrl(cursong.Title)
The change should have made the results more accurate by searching for music videos only, but try changing it back and see if that helps.
I had the same issue with the video tab disappearing under 5.1. Replacing this old code back in and MR finds videos again, but still won't play them - mostly just the blank screen with the animated circle when trying to load, as well as the usual number of "embedding disabled by request" error messages.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well in the next version I'm planning to use the webservice instead of page scraping as I am currently, so hopefully that will fix the problems.
Nebbin

Post by Nebbin »

trixmoto wrote:Well in the next version I'm planning to use the webservice instead of page scraping as I am currently, so hopefully that will fix the problems.
Great to hear. Don't get me wrong... the video problem is only a mild annoyance. I LOVE the rest of the script. I'm even starting to like tabs now :) (Although, I'll likely stick with the non-tab view since it shows more info in one glance).
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I don't use the tabbed skin either, but it was a popular request! :)