Monkey Rok 6.2 - Updated 06/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Monkey Rok 5.6 - Updated 08/02/2011

Post by trixmoto »

theta_wave wrote:I just bought a new laptop going from 1280x800 to 1920x1080 screen and I notice that Monkeyrok displays every album art with a border that takes up a 1/4 of the cover.
I've tried to replicate this issue, but I can't. Is it consistent with all artwork? Does changing the resolution settings of system fix the problem?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

SwelterTheChef wrote:Error #76 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Path not found
File: "C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\MonkeyRok.vbs", Line: 3280, Column: 10
Can you please tell me the full path of the installed "MonkeyRok.vbs" file and also the full path of the "skin.html" file of the skin you are using?

Alternatively you could edit the "MonkeyRok.vbs" script and insert the following line around 3280...

Code: Select all

Dim path : path = Left(Script.ScriptPath,InStrRev(Script.ScriptPath,"\"))&"..\MonkeyRok\skins\"
  MsgBox path                           '<------------------------- new line
  Dim f : Set f = fso.GetFolder(path)
You'll then get a popup box with the path - you should check whether or not this exists.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
SwelterTheChef

Post by SwelterTheChef »

Thanks for the prompts.

I seem to have solved it by forcing MediaMonkey to run as Administrator within the shortcut properties.

But for reference vbs script was in

C:\Users\Tony\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts

Not sure about the skin.html as I am using the Black LastFM skin.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I suspect it means that Windows wasn't allowing the script access to the skins folder without admin rights, which is a little annoying, but unfortunately there's not much that I can do about it.
SwelterTheChef

Post by SwelterTheChef »

@trixmoto, btw, now that I have got it working, it is a fantastic extension.

Many Thanks
lostinthought

Post by lostinthought »

Hi Trixmoto - Just discovered MonkeyRok 5.6 and am loving the addon! You have made enjoying my music collection that much more exciting. Thanks

One thing I noticed...I couldn't get the external panels to display "Suggested Tags". Even after selecting it as my "External Panel 1" it doesn't show up. I tried multiple songs from multiple albums and got the same results

Maybe something I need to do different?

btw I am using MM4.06 Portable on Win 7 64bit

Thanks!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@SwelterTheChef - thank you. In that case you may be please to hear I've almost finished version 5.7!

@lostinthought - thank you also. I'll add this to my list of things to investigate/fix.
lostinthought

Post by lostinthought »

trixmoto wrote:@SwelterTheChef - thank you. In that case you may be please to hear I've almost finished version 5.7!

@lostinthought - thank you also. I'll add this to my list of things to investigate/fix.

Awesome ...looking forward to the fix!
theta_wave

Post by theta_wave »

trixmoto wrote:
theta_wave wrote:I just bought a new laptop going from 1280x800 to 1920x1080 screen and I notice that Monkeyrok displays every album art with a border that takes up a 1/4 of the cover.
I've tried to replicate this issue, but I can't. Is it consistent with all artwork? Does changing the resolution settings of system fix the problem?
Sorry that you can't replicate the issue. Yes, it is consistent with every album cover, as 99.999% of my album covers are linked to a file (typically "00. Front.jpg") and have a max height x width of 740x740pixels. As you can see, the album covers are well within my screen resolution. Also, changing my resolution to 1600x900 does not help fix the problem. Using my new laptop, I started storing covers for new albums at 1000x1000pixels and what happens is that the cover is downsized to accommodate the large white border.

I'm using a clean install of Win7 Ult. As for Mediamonkey, I installed it and copied over it with my previous laptop's Mediamonkey (databases, plugins, scripts, settings and all) in their respective directories. I only had to register the embedded minilyrics viewer .dll to have everything working as it did in my recently replaced laptop, except for this white border issue of course.

Is it an Internet Explorer setting? Googling the issue, I see that IE8 had problems with white borders around graphics. I have IE9 installed though. Also, I barely touch IE, as I use Firefox or Chrome for my browsing needs. Thanks trix for looking into the issue.
MM Gold Lifetime since 2.5.5.998
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

lostinthought wrote:I couldn't get the external panels to display "Suggested Tags".
This panel is powered by MusicBrainz.org using their PUID system. Have any of your tracks got PUIDs assigned to them?
- If so, then have you selected the field you're using to store them in the options sheet?
- If not, you could try my PUID Generator script to populate them.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

theta_wave wrote:Is it an Internet Explorer setting? Googling the issue, I see that IE8 had problems with white borders around graphics. I have IE9 installed though.
I don't think this is a browser issue, I calculate the image size using a function called gfxSpex. Two questions...
1) I notice your new laptop is 64-bit, was your old one 32-bit?
2) What file types are your images?
theta_wave

Post by theta_wave »

trixmoto wrote: I don't think this is a browser issue, I calculate the image size using a function called gfxSpex. Two questions...
1) I notice your new laptop is 64-bit, was your old one 32-bit?
2) What file types are your images?
1) My old laptop ran Win7 Pro 64bit and Mediamonkey is installed under "Program Files (x86)" in both old and new laptops running 64bit Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate respectively.
2) All of my covers are jpeg with the extension "JPG." In both laptops, the default program to open jpegs is Irfanview 32bit. The white border does not show up in Irfanview.
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Hmm, that's odd. Having done a bit of research, it seems there have been some issues with calculating image sizes changing in 64-bit, so I assumed maybe that was the change to your system that caused the behaviour. I've modified the code in version 5.7 to use a different mechanism for calculating it, so hopefully this will resolve the issue.
lostinthought

Post by lostinthought »

trixmoto wrote:
lostinthought wrote:I couldn't get the external panels to display "Suggested Tags".
This panel is powered by MusicBrainz.org using their PUID system. Have any of your tracks got PUIDs assigned to them?
- If so, then have you selected the field you're using to store them in the options sheet?
- If not, you could try my PUID Generator script to populate them.

Trixmoto - thanks for the tip. I ran the PUID Generator, filled in the missing PUID and now MonkeyRok displays my suggested tags!

Thanks Again!
theta_wave

Post by theta_wave »

trixmoto wrote:Hmm, that's odd. Having done a bit of research, it seems there have been some issues with calculating image sizes changing in 64-bit, so I assumed maybe that was the change to your system that caused the behaviour. I've modified the code in version 5.7 to use a different mechanism for calculating it, so hopefully this will resolve the issue.
Thanks Trixi for looking into the problem. I'll wait for the 5.7 release and will report back then. :)