Monkey Rok 6.2 - Updated 06/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Owyn

Re: Monkey Rok 5.1 - Updated 24/03/2010

Post by Owyn »

dypsis wrote:
trixmoto wrote:New version (5.1) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Removed click on track to play track (from included skins)
Does that mean you can no longer add a track to the Playlist using MonkeyRok with the default skins?
That is a main function that I use it for.
You can still right-click the track and then select Play Now, Next, Last.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

The tracklist still doesn't remember its expanded state from one album to another.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Owyn wrote:
dypsis wrote:
trixmoto wrote:New version (5.1) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Removed click on track to play track (from included skins)
Does that mean you can no longer add a track to the Playlist using MonkeyRok with the default skins?
That is a main function that I use it for.
You can still right-click the track and then select Play Now, Next, Last.
Too cumbersome for me. I used to be able to simply click on a track and it was added to the end of the Playlist.
I don't like it at all, sorry.
Valeriano

Post by Valeriano »

dypsis wrote: Too cumbersome for me. I used to be able to simply click on a track and it was added to the end of the Playlist.
Yup. =/

But since it was removed from included skins, does that mean that skinners will be able to restore this functionality on their own skins? Cause really, it will be missed.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Valeriano wrote:
dypsis wrote: Too cumbersome for me. I used to be able to simply click on a track and it was added to the end of the Playlist.
Yup. =/

But since it was removed from included skins, does that mean that skinners will be able to restore this functionality on their own skins? Cause really, it will be missed.
By default, when you clicked on a track, it used to "Clear & Play", which I didn't like. But I altered it to "Play Last" by editing the "PlayTrack" function in Functions.vbs.

If alt = False Then
SDB.Player.CurrentSongIndex = SDB.Player.PlaylistCount-1
End If

If alt Then
SDB.Player.CurrentSongIndex = SDB.Player.PlaylistCount-1
End If

A better idea, in my opinion, would be to have the option to change the default click action in MonkeyRok's settings.

e.g. Clear & Play, Play Now, Play Next, Play Last.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Figured out the scenario with tabs not populated. If the tab is collapsed in Classic skin then there is no way to see the data in Classic_Tabs skin.

e.g.
- In Classic skin
-- Collapse Similar Artists (this only works if there is data available)
- Switch to Classic_Tabs
-- Similar Artist tab header appears but it just has a short white area below the header without any data.

I initally observed this in Now Playing mode, but, switched to Selected mode for these tests.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Lyrics & Comments text option works a charm. Thanks.
OOmatrixOO

Post by OOmatrixOO »

yeah baby. stats now works. thanks. :D
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@Owyn - thanks for the testing. I take a look at the situation you've found with the tabs and get this fixed in the next version.

@dypsis - yes, you have to use the context menu now to add tracks. I asked about removing this functionality and not one single person replied to say they would miss it, so I removed it. The current album's tracklist remaining displayed had to be fixed in "SkinFunctions.vbs" which means if you're using a non-included skin then it may not be fixed for you.

@Valeriano - again, I asked about removing this functionality and everyone said yes, no one replied to say no. I have left the functions in place so it is still possible to creates skins with this functionality.

@OOmatrixOO - good, I'm glad this is working for you. :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Laoma

Post by Laoma »

trixmoto,
thanks so much for your hard work - all problems on my installation are fixed now: stats, artist with apostrophe in name, artwork and also similar artists - no need to switch regional settings to English anymore to see correct match percentage.

Thanks again - and keep up the excellent work!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks! :D
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

dypsis wrote:The tracklist still doesn't remember its expanded state from one album to another.
Same here. Specifically, the tracklist reverts to a closed state when the track artist changes - it's extremely obvious when playing a compilation album.
Saiyavenger

Post by Saiyavenger »

Just updated, and it is a great success. No more problems to report.

Rest easy, hero.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@fizzjob/dypsis - which skins are you using?

@Saiyavenger - thanks :D
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

trixmoto wrote:@fizzjob/dypsis - which skins are you using?
I'm using the Spotify-B skin.

...and I'll be darned, it's something with the skin. Using the "classic" skin, the behavior is as I expect. I can copy the SkinFunctions.vbs from Classic to Spotify-B and now Spotify-B is behaving how I want it to.

:woohoo: