Monkey Rok 6.2 - Updated 06/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Monkey Rok 5.1 - Updated 24/03/2010

Post by trixmoto »

@fizzjob - if I add a <VBR> field to the "extra info" mask which will display "VBR" or "CBR" then you would be able to replicate this as <Bitrate> is already available. Would this be suitable for you?

@antiduplicity - only the skins which are linked to from my website work with the latest version. There a number of older skins which have not been updated yet.

@Mizery_Made - thanks, just realised you beat me to the punch with that response! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
dypsis

Same Track Displayed

Post by dypsis »

I have been using MonkeyRok for quite a while now, but I haven't noticed this before.
I have noticed that if I play an album that also has tracks from that album in a compilation album, it displays both.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I can't replicate this - anyone else having the same issue?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

trixmoto wrote:@fizzjob - if I add a <VBR> field to the "extra info" mask which will display "VBR" or "CBR" then you would be able to replicate this as <Bitrate> is already available. Would this be suitable for you?
That'd be great, yeah. I never actually payed any attention tho the "Extra Info" mask, so I didn't know I could do that in the first place. But, yeah, the <VBR> field would be a great addition, thanks!

I figured out where I can add that mask myself, even, so now I'm doing it properly. ;)
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

trixmoto wrote:@fizzjob - if I add a <VBR> field to the "extra info" mask which will display "VBR" or "CBR" then you would be able to replicate this as <Bitrate> is already available. Would this be suitable for you?
I would also find this to be useful. I already have the bitrate displayed and VBR/CBR would be a nice addition.
Thanks
--
The gpzbc
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

gpzbc wrote:
I would also find this to be useful. I already have the bitrate displayed and VBR/CBR would be a nice addition.
Thanks
If you want to add it, it's really simple. Just find the section in functions.vbs where the "<Bitrate>" appears (line 493 in mine), and paste this chunk of code in after that line:

Code: Select all

if cursong.VBR Then
   str = Replace(str,Translate("<VBR>"),"VBR")
Else
   str = Replace(str,Translate("<VBR>"),"CBR")
End If
Then you can add a <VBR> mask in the MonkeyRok options.
Raffhell

Post by Raffhell »

Eyal wrote:
Raffhell wrote:monkeyrok 5.1 doesn't work anymore to me :(
it shows the internet explorer error "impossible to display the page" but mediamonkey.exe it's allowed in firewall rules (comodo).
Have you tried with other skins? Maybe the current skin you use has been deleted/uninstalled? Check in folder

C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\MonkeyRok\skins
to see if skin's folder is empty.
Yep. MonkeyRok skin was set to - Automatic -. Now I've setted to default.tabs and it works again ^__^
Skin: MetroM(MM4) | BlackMonkey(MM5)
Plugins: Minilyrics(MM4) | Stock(MM5)
"There's nothing better than a singin' monkey!"
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

fizzjob wrote:
gpzbc wrote:If you want to add it, it's really simple. Just find the section in functions.vbs where the "<Bitrate>" appears (line 493 in mine), and paste this chunk of code in after that line:

if cursong.VBR Then
   str = Replace(str,Translate("<VBR>"),"VBR")
Else
   str = Replace(str,Translate("<VBR>"),"CBR")
End If
Then you can add a <VBR> mask in the MonkeyRok options.
Thanks for the tip!
--
The gpzbc
neFAST

Post by neFAST »

I have a 2 in 1 question:
I've seen that some skins have seen their compatibility with 5.1 broke. Is it the case for vitreous?
Are there some skins that allow to change track rating from Monkeyrok?
I recently reinstalled MM, and would like to display the top rated tracks from last.fm, so I added the "top track" extra panel. But this panel look weird, I thought it would display the number of time the song has been listen to from last.fm. Does the skin hide it?

Thanks a lot guys.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

There are some skins which have not been updated for version 5.1, however "vitreous" is not one of them, it has been updated. All skins should allow you to change the track rating by right-clicking on the rating and selecting a new one from the context menu. I think the reason that the top tracks panel looks "weird" is because there isn't a one-to-one relationship between the track in Last.Fm and the track in your library, because one track can appear on multiple albums. If you click on the summary though you will get all the tracks which match and their playcounts are displayed individually.
neFAST

Post by neFAST »

Ok thanks for your answer. What about the display of each file "lastfm playcount"?
The one you can see in the "Top tracks" or charts. http://www.lastfm.fr/music/Arcade+Fire/+tracks

Is it available and hidden by the skin?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well I didn't think it would really be relevant information, I'd have thought your own playcount would be more useful than that of all the Last.Fm users?
neFAST

Post by neFAST »

I would find this information usefull, let me tell you why.
I have some albums I've borrowed or bought a long time ago. I do not remember if there were a particular song I did like, a one-hit-wonder or something like that. So when browsing in those albums that have no rating and 0 playcount, I like to preview the top songs and decide if I keep this album on my main hard-drive. This is why I would like to get lastfm total playcounts and not only the top20: it's easier to detect "radio hits".
I understand that this option could be hidden by default. Skins use css theming, do they?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, they do use css. I'll see what I can do in the next version.
neFAST

Post by neFAST »

Thanks a lot!