Discogs Tagger 3.62 (Updated: 2013-02-09)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

rosko

Re: Discogs Tagger 2.9 (Updated: 31.12.2009)

Post by rosko »

I meant custom 2 not 4.
dalux

Post by dalux »

I can't get this up-and-running. When I am downloading the .mmip-file I only can open it with notepad. but I don't think that should be the case.
So how to act. . . . Anyone?
dalux

Post by dalux »

I thought double-clicking on .mmip will install automatically.
(When I click and open with notepad: there is a lot of chaotic text. Doesn't look like a script)

Post by Guest »

try right clicking & openwith, then choose mm.
dalux

Post by dalux »

Thanx, But again no succes.
A. I clicked on open with "Mediamonkey" while MM was open. It gave a smalle window with the question to download discogs tagger. I Said Yes but MM said NO (error on installation).
B. I closed MM and then right clicked on Discogs Tagger and MusicIP-tagger. Something seems to happen, but when I opened MM and checked in options under Auto-tag from web There was no new choice except Amazon.
C. I restarted my computer. Same as B.

Hmmmmmm, I use a NAS for al my tracks ánd the library. Could that make a difference?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

dalux wrote:Thanx, But again no succes.
A. I clicked on open with "Mediamonkey" while MM was open. It gave a smalle window with the question to download discogs tagger. I Said Yes but MM said NO (error on installation).
B. I closed MM and then right clicked on Discogs Tagger and MusicIP-tagger. Something seems to happen, but when I opened MM and checked in options under Auto-tag from web There was no new choice except Amazon.
C. I restarted my computer. Same as B.

Hmmmmmm, I use a NAS for al my tracks ánd the library. Could that make a difference?
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=59
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
dalux

Post by dalux »

Yep, Thanx!
Got it now!
Let

Post by Let »

rosko wrote:How do i tag Label? i'm sure i could do this under custom 4 but now that is label release number. I sort everything in label.
There is "Publisher" tag which is equivalent to "Label" so script is storing this information under this tag. Does it solve your problem?

Post by Guest »

Let wrote:
rosko wrote:How do i tag Label? i'm sure i could do this under custom 4 but now that is label release number. I sort everything in label.
There is "Publisher" tag which is equivalent to "Label" so script is storing this information under this tag. Does it solve your problem?
I can't see a 'Publisher' tag.
I need it to autotag the label name, can it do this?
rosko

Post by rosko »

There is no publisher column available although there is a publisher tag. This makes it impossible to sort tracks by label in media monkey. Is there anyway i can set it to autotag 'label' in discogs to a custom tag?
Let

Post by Let »

To clarify;

1) There is a "Publisher" field/tag/information that is stored in a tracks ID3v2 information. You can view it by right click on a track -> properties -> details tab.
2) Yes, Discogs Tagger stores label information on Discogs.com (which is publisher) into the field above. Although you don't see it on the lower window, it is being saved into this field.
3) If you still want to save it into another custom field, you'll need to edit the script so that it will save it into desired field instead of publisher field.
4) You can use "magic nodes" to sort your music files according to this field. You might need to write a custom mask to achieve this. Check the forum thread for more information: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19168

Let me know if you have further questions.

Post by Guest »

It awas simple to edit the script & change a few of the folders to suite.
Thanks for you help & this great script. :D
Sup

Post by Sup »

Hey everyone,

I've recently updated my script to the current version in the first post, and I still get:

Code: Select all

Cannot query the web site - The download of the specified resource has failed. 
I tried "logging in under Internet Explorer", and it still fails. Thoughts?
Let

Post by Let »

Do you have MSXML 6.0 installed?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... e85e1857b1

Hope this helps.

Anyway, here's a good news: I'm going to update the script soon to V3.0! Already finished coding but still testing.
Let

Re: Discogs Tagger 3.0 (Updated: 11.12.2010)

Post by Let »

V3.0 is online!