Last.fm Scrobbler help

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Lowlander

Re: Last.fm Scrobbler help

Post by Lowlander »

As explained here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=97733 new users can't post URL links as a spam prevention. However adding an extra space url. com will allow it to be posted and a moderator can fix.
tvdfan63

Re: Last fm Scrobbler help

Post by tvdfan63 »

oh ok, I must have missed that, sorry, but the last fm issue remains... already tried what is mentioned in this thread like delete cache.bat but no luck. Stuff gets cached but not scobbled.

Picture of my settings:
https://i.imgur.com/4kD2erP.png
Last edited by tvdfan63 on Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Has this been happening over a longer period of time or just recently (there was an internet outage today).
tvdfan63

Post by tvdfan63 »

Actually this is the first time today of installing the plugin. I'm a last fm member since 2008 and used to scrobble my music with iTunes. I left the page when all the page changes accured. I wasn't scrobbling anything since 2016 lol. Now returning back checking out the (stupid) new last fm page layout and trying to get use to it, but their latest and older plugin does not work with iTunes 12.6. So I was looking for some alternatives and came across a plugin for MM. I didn't know that this program had a plugin for last fm. Installed it today, but as already posted, it does not work for me. Win 10 64 bit

ETA: I have contacted fm support and they told me that the older iTunes are not supported anymore, only the latest one and Media Player. Media Player does work, but I'm not a fan of it. I only use iTunes and MM. I then downloaded latest iTunes and their lates msi plugin version, and it does work, but I do not like it because you can't see the scobble list anymore in this version. That's why I tried MM's plugin.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Not sure what you tried but I tested MM4 (Plugin), MM5 (Native) and both works without issue.

Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Are you sure you are not double scrobbling? As that way Last.FM usually omits both scrobbles (That never worked correctly).
Best regards,
Peke
tvdfan63

Post by tvdfan63 »

Thanks for all the replies, I really appreciate you guys time for trying to help.
How can I double scobble If I only use one program like MM to do so? I'm sure I'm not double scrobbling because I deleted the fm's scrobbler. The only plugin installed now is the one for MM. I downloaded the one linked in this forum. So, no clue what's wrong. I will double check a bit deeper for leftowers, but I'm sure it's all gone.

ETA:
Ok, I checked for leftovers, none.
I changed my passwort in fm and MM, none.
Sill says: Sevice status failed, no scrobbles.

Again, I'm using MM version 4.1.31.1919 (Gold livetime) latest version it says when clicking to check for updates.
Looking through the forums I know that I'm not the only one with tthis issue. No clue why it is so hard to make it work.
Guess I have to live with the iTunes msi desktop plugin or WMPlayer :(
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Install MM5 as portable and try to setup Last.FM there.

Also check any residual Last.FM files in same folder where MM Library file is

Also check mediamonkey.ini to see if your last.fm password is correct and what were the last 4 last.fm responses.

Only thing I can think of is that some app blocks Last.FM plugin to connect to Last.FM as it uses own internet connection for asynchronous access submit. Service failed usually means issue is either on Last.FM site or User PC specific settings.

My settings:
Best regards,
Peke
tvdfan63

Post by tvdfan63 »

Hi Peke,
thanks for help! Changing to MM 5 did the trick. Downloaded latest MM5 installer, imported data when promted, from 4 to 5 and didn't even have to install the plugin again. Scrobbling like a charm now♥
https://i.imgur.com/18rT8f1.png

Thanks so much for the help. Changing from 4 to 5 would have probably never crossed my mind ;)
And it even looks better than 4.

(Your compatibility with PekeMM is High.
You both listen to Alan Jackson, Sade and Bliss.)

That deserved a follow :wink:
Peke

Post by Peke »

tvdfan63 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:46 am thanks for help! Changing to MM 5 did the trick. Downloaded latest MM5 installer, imported data when promted, from 4 to 5 and didn't even have to install the plugin again. Scrobbling like a charm now♥
Strange, but OK as MM5 uses scrobbling (WEB) API 2.0 and MM4 uses (Direct) API 1.3, but problem is most likely that plugin is blocked on your side.
tvdfan63 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:46 am Thanks so much for the help. Changing from 4 to 5 would have probably never crossed my mind ;)
And it even looks better than 4.
Happy Monkeying!
tvdfan63 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:46 am (Your compatibility with PekeMM is High.
You both listen to Alan Jackson, Sade and Bliss.)

That deserved a follow
I rarely Scrobble these days, but glad you liked my choices.
Best regards,
Peke
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Is there any way to have MM provide album artist info so last.fm knows when you scrobble a compilation album with various artists?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
No, Last.Fm dictates performing artist is sent :(
Best regards,
Peke