Last.fm Playcount Import (2010-03-28) [MM3/4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

yayalex

Re: Last.fm Playcount Import [MM3]

Post by yayalex »

Sorry for asking loads of questions n_n but I remember when I first got lastfm it wouldn't copy my playcounts from MM. Like, the database of playcounts I already have, when you join it copies them from your media player or whatever, have they fixed that, so if I get a new lastfm will it be able to take all the counts from my MM? Please say yes ):
neFAST

Post by neFAST »

I'm reinstalling my computer and had to reinstall all my MM plugins.
Unfortunately Psyker7's website show a "Bandwidth Limit Exceeded' message. Anyone could upload a mirror?
Thanks a zillion!
Naked Eskimo

Post by Naked Eskimo »

This would be quite valuable to me, as well. If someone gets a mirror up, please reply here. Or I assume the bandwidth will reset on the first.
Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

neFAST wrote:I'm reinstalling my computer and had to reinstall all my MM plugins.
Unfortunately Psyker7's website show a "Bandwidth Limit Exceeded' message. Anyone could upload a mirror?
Thanks a zillion!
Been getting a bit of traffic the last month as I've put my travel blog up as well. (off in Egypt and Europe for 3 months)
Upgrading my plan now so traffic shouldn't be an issue come tomorrow.
Apologies!
neFAST

Post by neFAST »

I will sound impatient, but is it possible to have a mirror (like hotfile) in the meantime?
Thanks a lot!
Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

Mirrors no longer needed, site is back up:
http://psykar.com/scripts

Version 2.0: (stable, faster, only syncs to previous week)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?eg0knjmgniw

Version 3.x (unstable if playing at the time, slower, syncs to last played regardless)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?vzydnod3j2z
Last edited by Psyker7 on Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
neFAST

Post by neFAST »

Thanks a lot! Using 3.x right now but got this error message.

EDIT: I found I have really stange last played dates like: 17/10/18493
I just reinstalled MM, so I guess this date was inserted by your script. How can I fix that?

EDIT2: cleaned the libray, reimported everything and ran the script once again: this time it worked like a charm.

Last edited by neFAST on Mon May 31, 2010 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naked Eskimo

Post by Naked Eskimo »

you are awesome, sir. thank you.
Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

Site is back up now anyhow. Won't be able to look into improving version 3 for another 3 months or so when I get back.
Nel

Post by Nel »

Getting a product installation error when I try to install version 2 or 3. Any ideas?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Nel

Post by Nel »

Worked, thanks!
FeldmanSkitzoid

Post by FeldmanSkitzoid »

This addon was working fine for me for quite a while, but in the past month or so it hasn't worked at all. It detects from Last.fm that tracks have been played, but then it doesn't update any of my files.
3644 Plays found on Last.fm consisting of 1603 tracks by 341 artists.
3 of these artists were in the local database, along with 1 of their tracks.
Tracks updated = 0
The rest had a play count higher than last.fm already.
I've checked, and my play count definitely isn't higher than last.fm.

I was using v2.x, and updated to v3.0, but it's still not working.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Hi Feldman,

I am new to this but it looks like it can't match up your scrobbled names to those in your MM database, so you are not even getting to a stage where play counts are even considered. Did you re-tag your MM library?

It all works as expected here.

For what it is worth I found version 2 to be better than version 3. With version 3 I was finding that only tracks with a previous play count of 0 were getting the correct last played date. Most other tracks did not get an update to the date, and if they did it was wildly inaccurate (almost random, sometimes even a date|time when I wasn't using my system). Version 2 gives an approximate date (the start of the week that the track was played on), but at least it is consistent, and the script runs much faster.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

hi,
thanks for this script, it's helping me sort my android device syncing. I've posted elsewhere on the forums about what i'm trying to do, and that is (in summary) sync my plays on my phone with media monkey. I have been testing this script for a while and after analysis, it wasn't giving me the results I expected, so today I decided to poke about in the code (i'm a programmer by day)...

I'm curious why the scripts works backwards from the oldest page to the newest.. It seems if it's this way round then it's not updating the most recently listened to tracks, but I can't seem to work out why.

So, after a few tweaks, this scenario now works. * note that i'm using an auto rate script based on playcount, skips etc

1. Play music at home in the evening in MM, last played is updated as expected
2. play music at work on phone, last.fm is updated with recent plays
3. come home, run modified script over the first 10 pages of last.fm recent played, "MM recently played" playlist, ordered most recent first details my work listening followed by my home listening the evening before
4. set up auto playlist to only include tracks highly rated and not played in the last 60 days
5. Re-sync phone to the auto playlist
6. listen to fresh tracks at work!

The way i see it, If i run this once, retrieve ALL the history, apply it, then run this for the last 10 pages only automatically without prompts, it should keep my latest plays up to date, which in turn I can use to exclude latest plays from the playcount, the options are endless for the autoplaylist now.

this wouldnt happen before i modified the script. Was it working for anyone else?
I'm curious to see what Psyker says when he returns from his travels :)
MM5 latest [Gold] / MMA latest | OnePlus 8 PRO | Noise I make: Pushkin on Soundcloud