MusicBrainz Tagger [MM3] v2.0 2008-03-29

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Pandora

Re: MusicBrainz Tagger [MM3] v2.0 2008-03-29

Post by Pandora »

Thanks for this awesome script!

I have some suggestions:
-I'm missing the possibility to turn off MusicIP search and just use Artist+Album, like normal Amazon search. Much of my music is already tagged well, and I mostly use this script to get the Release type, and it would be quicker if I could turn off the MusicIP when I don't need it.

-It's also a bit annoying that when an album have multiple discs it only searches for one and one disc, but maybe this is because of MusicBrainz' database.
I prefer to have the same album name for all the discs and rather tag with Disc#.

-A possibility to save the earliest release of an album in the Original Date would also be nice. I often have e.g. a 2001 remaster of an album, and it would be nice to have the original release date also stored.
Watman32

Post by Watman32 »

Windows XP SP3 login as Administrator
MediMonkey 3.2.0.1294
Dont Install MusicBrainz Tagger [MM3] v2.0 -error in MusicBrainzTagger.vbs - dont access

Any ideas ?
ripndip

Post by ripndip »

I agree with Pandora I would love to see those features added.

Are you still developing this script?

If so,

This is the buggiest of the tagging scripts I have used. I had so many crashes on more than one of my computers, and figured out it was because of this script. As soon as you auto-tag, MM stops responding for a little while. Also you can not exit this script by choosing another option (i.e. Amazon, Amazon UK), it will automatically crash or display a bunch of errors until Media Monkey crashes. Also very big problem! If you deselect an item (Year, Artist, etc.) after you found a match... that artist and album fields mysteriously disappear. I don't know what triggers it or how many other fields turn up missing.

I hope to help you with your issues. Just direct me and I can assist :D .

Now for the positives, you have the best organization in this script. My files are tagged exactly how I want them when the script is not lagging or buggy.

Thank you so much for this script :D .
slyvella

Post by slyvella »

Just downloaded and tried to install v2.0. I got an error message, "Product Installation Error". The tagger does not show in auto-tag options, but under extensions it shows that it is installed. However, when I try to uninstall it, I get a message that the .vbs file is not available, so I cannot uninstall and try again. Any ideas?
IndustrialPope

Post by IndustrialPope »

Pandora wrote: -It's also a bit annoying that when an album have multiple discs it only searches for one and one disc, but maybe this is because of MusicBrainz' database.
I prefer to have the same album name for all the discs and rather tag with Disc#.
This is especially annoying because there is a musicbrainz picard script that basically looks for (disc 1) and then removes that from the title and ads '1' to the disc tag so it is possible.
Anonymous Vagrant

Post by Anonymous Vagrant »

As a user who is running on W7, do i always have to run MM on administrative rights in order to use Musicbrainz tagger or discogs tagger? I cant seem to find these two options under Auto-Tag from Web when i was not running it on admin rights. Is there a solution to this?
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

You can right-click the MediaMonkey shortcut --> select "Properties" --> Compatibility --> "Privelege Level" --> and check "Run This Program as Administrator." Then it will automatically open with administrator privileges.

I hope that helps.
--
The gpzbc
Anonymous Vagrant

gpzbc wrote:You can right-click the MediaMonkey shortcut --> select "Properties" --> Compatibility --> "Privelege Level" --> and check "Run This Program as Administrator." Then it will automatically open with administrator privileges.

I hope that helps.
there's no any other way to this?
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

What do you mean? You only have to do it once and then never worry about it again. Then it will run as administrator every time you open MM.
The alternative is to disable User Account Control (UAC) completely and set yourself up with an admin account.
--
The gpzbc
Anonymous Vagrant

lAre you experiencing the same problem with me as well? Unable to click on the Musicbrainz and discogs plugin? Just need to know i am not alone on this.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

No, I don't experience that at all. But I have MM set to run as administrator. I also have UAC disabled.

Did you try what I suggested?
--
The gpzbc
Anonymous Vagrant

i have already stated in my first post that i had used admin privilege but i also want to find out is there another way other than using admin rights as i am sick of opening MM and having to accept a prompt from Windows. I don't want to disable UAC as well. :D
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

But I am pretty sure that if you follow my instructions to have MM always open as an admin, you will only have to do it once and then never worry about it again. Then it will run as administrator every time you open MM without any action from you. You won't have to accept any prompts, and you don't have to disable UAC. ...at least I think so. :-?

Either way, Good luck.
--
The gpzbc
Anonymous Vagrant

gpzbc wrote:But I am pretty sure that if you follow my instructions to have MM always open as an admin, you will only have to do it once and then never worry about it again. Then it will run as administrator every time you open MM without any action from you. You won't have to accept any prompts, and you don't have to disable UAC. ...at least I think so. :-?

Either way, Good luck.
Sadly, it does. It will always prompt you when opening MM unless UAC is disabled. :(

Maybe there is a ini or a script that can be edited in order for MusicBrainz and Discogs Tagger to appear on the "Auto-Tag from Web" Options without admin properties.
Does anyone know how to do that?
Last edited by Anonymous Vagrant on Thu May 27, 2010 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Bummer. I guess that is the blessing, and the curse of UAC.
--
The gpzbc