MusicBrainz Tagger [MM3] v2.0 2008-03-29

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

onenonymous

Re: MusicBrainz Tagger [MM3] v1.4 2008-02-08

Post by onenonymous »

Thanks - that will help me troubleshoot. I'll look into it this weekend and see if I can figure out what's going on. Looking at the screenshot - is the title of the song it's searching on "All"? If not, something flaky is going on.

Also, are there any non-english characters in the title, artist, album artist or album name of any songs that give the error?
flashk

Post by flashk »

I'm using the latest version of your script with MM 3.1 and I'm also experiencing the problem where the cover art is downloaded and applied even though the "Cover" checkbox is unchecked. I can reliably reproduce this by checking then unchecking the "Cover" checkbox. By making the following fix to the source code I believe the problem is fixed. I replaced the line

Code: Select all

If CheckCover then SDB.Tools.WebSearch.AlbumArtURL = sCoverURL
with

If CheckCover then
	SDB.Tools.WebSearch.AlbumArtURL = sCoverURL
Else
	SDB.Tools.WebSearch.AlbumArtURL = ""
End if
Other than this small issue, the script is awesome. Thanks!
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

flashk wrote:Other than this small issue, the script is awesome. Thanks!
:D Thanks for the suggestion! I'll implement it this weekend.
~One
booblers

Post by booblers »

deleting my posts since forum moderators see fit to delete honest posts. just helping to make their job easier. nothing to see here.
Last edited by booblers on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
booblers

Post by booblers »

deleting my posts since forum moderators see fit to delete honest posts. just helping to make their job easier. nothing to see here.
Last edited by booblers on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

booblers wrote:It's hard to say - it always crashes right after that 3rd check and I can't really tell what it's looking up because it goes away very quickly.
I think I've got the indexoutofbounds error figured out, as soon as I get a couple of other things working, I'll post an update.
booblers wrote:Also - there seems to be an issue when 2 tracks have the exact same name but different track#s - it wants to re-number the track that comes first with the track# for the second one. Sounds confusing but if you check the album: "Andrew Bird - The Mysterious Production of Eggs" you will see what I mean - 2 tracks with the name "[image]" - it wants to number both tracks #12 - instead of #1, #12 as MB lists them.
This one will be hard to fix. MM does the smart matching, so I'll have to look for a way to over-ride MMs smart matches.
booblers wrote:And because I realized I hadn't said so yet: this script is awesome
:D
booblers wrote:Also some feature requests: Musicbrainz takes certain information that I and others sometimes put into titles and puts it elsewhere (things like featuring, w/<artist>, etc) - I'm wondering if you can grab that type of information and put it into the "Involved People" tag? Otherwise I just lose it because it gets stripped from the titles without being added back in anywhere - even when MB knows it exists.
I'll look at adding this. It get's tough though as I'll have to parse for numerous things then make sure the featuring artist(s) weren't already listed as performers. Also, I won't be able to parse "and" or "&" to know if it's 2 artists or one group name that includes the "and" or "&". You'd have to watch for those and manually correct after it tags them. Anyway, I'll look at ways to add this feature.
booblers wrote:The list of available columns to display down at the bottom does not include some of the things that are being written. Year shows up, but the Label does not, for instance. Also lyricist and conductor. If you add related people then that should display as well. I just like to make sure it's not overwriting anything that I'd rather keep and I need to be able to see what's in the tag to do that.
Unfortunately MM controls the columns available at the bottom. I'm not aware of any way to add additional columns beyond the standard ones it allows.
booblers wrote:And one last thing - I'm not incredibly familiar with MusicBrainz - what I've seen so far looks very good, they default to the ways I like to tag - but I can't tell if they are creating different albums for multi-disc situations? I have several albums with 2+ discs and either the tagger or musicbrainz doesn't seem to handle them well at all, I have to do those by hand...
It's MusicBrainz, which from what I can tell is partly (mostly?) based on user-submissions. Try my Yahoo Music Tagger script - it handles multi-disc sets.
booblers wrote:Anyway, thanks for the script.
You're Welcome! :-)
onenonymous

Re: MusicBrainz Tagger [MM3] v1.5 2009-03-08

Post by onenonymous »

Script is updated

Version 1.5 March 8, 2009 Installer removed - use 1.51 in next post
- Fixed code for handling album art if the check box isn't checked (thanks flashk!)
- Fixed code for MusicIP lookup that sometimes would hang if it couldn't lookup the song
- Added date(s) to the results drop-down at the top
- Set the results drop-down to sort the results in the drop-down
- Modified the underlying html code to change the display a bit
- Cleaned up and sorted the links that may appear after the track list to remove duplicates
- Fixed (I hope) the indexOutOfBounds error that a few users experienced
- Changed the search order. It tries these in order till it finds results:
  • -User entered search terms
    -MusicIP lookup
    -Album Name and Album Artist
    -Album Name and Track Artist
    -Track Title and Track Artist
    -Track Title and Album Artist
    -Artist
    -Album Artist
    -Album Name
    -Track Title
On the to-do list - parse track titles for (feat. artist name) types of entries and give option to save the featuring artist as one of the track artists or as one of Involved People.

Enjoy!
~One
Last edited by onenonymous on Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

wouldn't you know it... even though I did lot's of testing, I didn't catch a bug if the search returns too many albums - it will hang. For most searches, it works ok, it's only if the search returns more than about 43 possible matches.

Version 1.51 March 8, 2009 Installer for v 1.51
- Limited search results to 40 albums as temporary workaround

I'll work on this to remove the artificial limit of 40 albums.
booblers

Post by booblers »

Last edited by booblers on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

Thanks for the clarification. On the issue of you not being able to manually override the track number - I now understand. I put in code to watch for manual changes to any track properties, then run the smart matching again. I did this to make it so you don't have to re-search - the impact though is the result you're getting. I can see why it's preferable to enable your process more so than what I did, so I'll pull out the piece of code that is causing this. Till I release new code - try commenting out or removing line #42

Script.RegisterEvent SDB, "OnTrackProperties", "SDB_OnTrackProperties" 
On the last issue - are you using 1.51? That should have fixed the issue you identified with it hanging at Gathering Albums.
fenrir

Post by fenrir »

Can this work on multiple files at the same time?
I mean, can this mass tag?

Love the script btw
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

fenrir wrote:Can this work on multiple files at the same time?
I mean, can this mass tag?

Love the script btw
It will tag a single album at a time. You can select multiple files across multiple albums, but it will tag a single album each time. You could tag the songs on that album by making sure those songs are the only ones selected at the bottom of the screen, tag them, then choose a new seed song from the drop down and repeat until you've done all selected songs.
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

I'm working on an update and have come across this issue identified by booblers:
booblers wrote:Ordinarily with the Amazon tagger if I look up an album and it is clearly the correct album but the automatic matching has failed for some reason - either because the track #s are off or the times are off - I can *manually* match my tracks with the information from Amazon by double clicking the number on the left and inputting my own.
I can't find any method to detect if the user has manually typed in a track # on the far left as discussed above. If there is a method - can anyone point me in the right direction? I'd like to implement it in this script to give the user even more control.
thanks!
~One
Rock714

Re: MusicBrainz Tagger [MM3] v1.51 2008-02-08

Post by Rock714 »

I am trying to install your latest version but I keep getting a "Product installation error" I am running MM 3.0.7.1191 on Vista 32bit. I open MM and double click your file, a summary box pops up then when I click install it just fails. Any ideas?

Rock :(
nohitter151

Re: MusicBrainz Tagger [MM3] v1.51 2008-02-08

Post by nohitter151 »

Rock714 wrote:I am trying to install your latest version but I keep getting a "Product installation error" I am running MM 3.0.7.1191 on Vista 32bit. I open MM and double click your file, a summary box pops up then when I click install it just fails. Any ideas?

Rock :(
Close MM
Right click MM icon --> Run as administrator
Double click downloaded .mmip file
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.