MusicBrainz Tagger [MM3] v2.0 2008-03-29

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

onenonymous

MusicBrainz Tagger [MM3] v2.0 2008-03-29

Post by onenonymous »

This script adds a new web tagger source to Auto-Tag from Web that uses MusicBrainz.org. When run, the script first attempts to get the PUID from MusicIP to identify the first selected track. If it finds the PUID, it then gets a list of all tracks from MusicBrainz.org that match that PUID. If it can't find a PUID, it will then do a manual search on MusicBrainz. Once the results are found on MusicBrainz, they are presented to the user. The window works as expected from here. One key add, I've included a drop-down for selecting which "seed song" to use. Initially this is the first song in the selected song list. You can change to a different song though if this one doesn't give good results.

Features:
-Uses MusicIP to lookup the song by "fingerprint" the song if possible (look for the MusicIP logo in the resulting window - this indicates the search was able to use the PUID from MusicIP
-Searches on Musicbrainz.org based on your manual search terms if you put any in, if you don't put any manual search terms in, it tries the MusicIP fingerprint, and finally if not found it does a search on artist and title.
-Returns all the albums in MusicBrainz.org that match the search
-Allows you to change the "seed song" that is used for the look-up (this also allows you to select a group of un-related songs and search without having to close Auto-tag window, select new songs, and re-open)
-Hyperlink available off the AlbumArtist, Album Title or Label takes you to MusicBrainz page on each
-Parses xml for Involved People, Composer and Lyricist for each track and shows those if present. Allows you to save to the Involved People tag
-Provides misc links to other sites (Amazon, Discogs, Wikipedia, etc.) if present in MusicBrainz results
-Shows album art from Amazon if the Amazon ASIN is included in the MusicBrainz results.

To use:
-Download the mmip installer from the link below and run it
-Find the new functionality from the Options button in the Auto-Tag from Web... window

Thanks go to: :)
Trixmoto - I "borrowed" some of the PUID look-up code from his MusicIP Tagger script.
macrbest for his script Discogs Auto-tag Web Search. I used it as a basis for my html and scripting.

Please let me know your thoughts. Since this script can modify tags, please use with caution till you're comfortable it's doing what you want.

Version 2.0 March 29, 2009 Installer for v 2.0
- Added a settings dialog box to configure various options. Button is on the top right corner (see screen shot below)
- Fixed the previous artificial limit on numnber of albums to return. Now you can define exactly how many albums to list in the results. Note that MusicBrainz returns results in groups of no more than 100, so entering more than 100 will add to the time to process. In my testing, it's not noticeable, but on a slow computer or internet connection it may be noticable. Default is 100, change it in the settings dialog if you wish.
- Added ability to lime the albums returned based on the result 'score' for each search. MusicBrainz scores the search results on a scale of 0 to 100. Setting this to 100 will return only exact matches. Setting to 0 will return everything no matter how loosely it matches the search. Default is 0
- Added option to show the results in the search results drop down in Alphabetical order or descending order by the score for the album.
- Added an option to have the score display in the search results drop down.
- Added ability to have the Album Title tagged into the Album Title tag, Original Album Title tag or both.
- Added ability to have the Artist tagged into the Artist tag, Original Artist tag or both.
- Added ability to have the Year tagged into the Year tag, Original Year tag or both.
- For the Year tag, it will now tag the full date if MusicBrainz has it, otherwise it will tag just the year
- Added ability to have the Lyricist tagged into the Lyricist tag, Original Lyricist tag or both.
- Added ability to have the release type tagged into one of the Custom fields, Grouping, ISRC, or Comments. See http://musicbrainz.org/doc/ReleaseAttribute for details on the release type. Note that ability to save into Custom 4 or 5 was introduced in MM beta version 3.1.0.1228. If you have a previous version, you won't have these as options.
- Added ability to have the Country tagged into one of the Custom fields, Grouping, ISRC, Comments or Publisher field. If you choose the Publisher field and you also tag the Publisher, it is entered in parentheses after the Publisher. The default if you don't change it is Publisher.
- Added option to always replace existing tags. When checked, it will delete any existing info already in the tag(s) even if the results for any tag(s) didn't find any data. If not checked and a tag has no results, existing info in the tag is preserved.
- Added checkbox to "Troubleshooting - Show XML". If checked, this will open each XML page in your external browser as they are found. Normally you will not check this unless you're interested in the underlying XML code for some reason. I use this for troubleshooting. Default is not checked.
- Added button to "Show Now" - this will open the XML page for the last search result in your external browser. Again - use this for troubleshooting only.
- Added logging throughout the script. You can turn logging on or off, view the log file or delete the log file.
- Adding logic to parse the Genres returned to identify which are already in your database and which would be new. Most of the code for this was by <b>SatinKnights</b>. You now have two check boxes for Genre - one for existing and one for New. Below these, each genre returned from the search will have its own checkbox so you can choose individual genres, all or none as you wish. Existing genres are capitalized as they are already in your database. New genres are given initial letter capitalization. In the display, the new genres are italicized to differentiate them from the existing ones.
- Added ability to tag the track # independently of the Track title
- Added timer into the MusicIP code so that it doesn't hang up indefinitely. If it doesn't find a PUID within 30 seconds, it will assume there isn't one and go on with the other searches.
- Added a timer to display the search window immediately on launch of Web Tagger. Previously, it would wait for the MusicIP results before even appearing, which made it seem to not be doing anything.
- Miscellaneous other minor tweaks to code and underlying html.

Image Image

Version 1.51 March 8, 2009 Installer for v 1.51
- Limited search results to 40 albums as temporary workaround

Version 1.5 March 8, 2009 Installer removed - use v 1.51
- Fixed code for handling album art if the check box isn't checked (thanks flashk!)
- Fixed code for MusicIP lookup that sometimes would hang if it couldn't lookup the song
- Added date(s) to the results drop-down at the top
- Set the results drop-down to sort the results in the drop-down
- Modified the underlying html code to change the display a bit
- Cleaned up and sorted the links that may appear after the track list to remove duplicates
- Fixed (I hope) the indexOutOfBounds error that a few users experienced
- Changed the search order. It tries these in order till it finds results:
  • -User entered search terms
    -MusicIP lookup
    -Album Name and Album Artist
    -Album Name and Track Artist
    -Track Title and Track Artist
    -Track Title and Album Artist
    -Artist
    -Album Artist
    -Album Name
    -Track Title
Version 1.4 February 8, 2009 Installer for v 1.4
- Cleaned up search functionality if it didn't find the song on the first try. New method does search in this order:
  • -The search term manually entered by the user if any
    -MusicIP lookup to get the PUID and see if MusicBrainz knows about it
    -Search on the seed song's Title and Artist
    -Search on the seed song's Title and Album Artist
    -Search on the seed song's Album Name and Artist
    -Search on the seed song's Album Name and Album Artist
    -Search on the seed song's Artist
    -Search on the seed song's Album Artist
    -Search on the seed song's Album Name
    -Search on the seed song's Title
-Added code to display search progress
-Cleaned up code that adds the songs to the song selector drop down
-Fixed processing for which tags get updated and which fields are highlighted in yellow

Version 1.2 November 26, 2008 Installer for v 1.2
-Fixed typo in code for handling the check box for saving the Lyricist
-Cleaned up search functionality if it didn't find the song on the first try. New method does search in this order:
    -Search on the seed song's Artist and Album Name
Version 1.1 November 23, 2008 Installer for v 1.1
- Fixed code for handling if no song is found (it shouldn't just leave you with a blank screen now)
- Added ability to tag Composer
- Added ability to tag Lyricist
- Added ability to choose which Label to tag if MusicBrainz has multipe (previous version defaulted to last label that MusicBrainz found)
- Added additional links to other sites included in MusicBrainz's record
- Added if it finds multiple albums, it selects the first one that matches the current album name (previously it just selected the first album returned, even if there was another returned that matched the album name)

Version 1.02 November 16, 2008 Installer for v 1.02
- Fixed code for the reset button
- Fixed code that checks for user manual search and uses that rather than trying MusicIP
- Un-commented "On Error Resume Next" statements I'd left in for troubleshooting

Version 1.0 November 16, 2008 Installer for v 1.0
- Initial release of script

Enjoy
~One
Last edited by onenonymous on Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:10 pm, edited 11 times in total.
nohitter151

Re: MusicBrainz Tagger [MM3] v1.0 2008-11-16

Post by nohitter151 »

Sweet!!! :D
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Bex

Re: MusicBrainz Tagger [MM3] v1.0 2008-11-16

Post by Bex »

Great! :D
I'll check it out.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
onenonymous

Re: MusicBrainz Tagger [MM3] v1.02 2008-11-16

Post by onenonymous »

Hope you all like it. I fixed a couple of minor issues - new release available.

Version 1.02 November 16, 2008 Installer for v 1.02
- Fixed code for the reset button
- Fixed code that checks for user manual search and uses that rather than trying MusicIP
- Un-commented "On Error Resume Next" statements I'd left in for troubleshooting
whee

Post by whee »

Thank you! :)
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Awesome! Thank you. :D
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
Davo

Post by Davo »

Thanks - great script. I like the way it works within the existing AutoTag from Web window & good to have a choice other than Amazon.
David

Post by spacefish »

With this + Discogs Autotag, I really don't use Amazon anymore. Yay! Much respect to all scripters and skinners everywhere. Love the Monkey! 8)
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Had a major problem with this script tonight and I don't know why.

I loaded up my MM3 and tried to use the hotkeys to auto-tag a song I just got and nothing would happen. Even tried right-clicking and 'auto-tag from web' and still nothing would happen.

I went round and round, even re-installing MM3 and still had the problem. Finally, went to a previously tagged song and tried the hotkeys and the window would open but nothing would be displayed. Further investigation revealed that I had MusicBrainz selected in the options instead of Amazon ... after selecting Amazon, everything worked normally.

:(
Stop Button Freak
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

Vyper wrote:Had a major problem with this script tonight and I don't know why.
It might be that MusicBrainz couldn't find the song. The latest release doesn't handle that as gracefully as I'd like. I've got a version I'm working with now that appears to fix that issue. I'll upload tomorrow or Saturday after I do some more testing.

~One
onenonymous

Re: MusicBrainz Tagger [MM3] v1.1 2008-11-16

Post by onenonymous »

Script is updated

Version 1.1 November 23, 2008 Installer for v 1.1
- Fixed code for handling if no song is found (it shouldn't just leave you with a blank screen now)
- Added ability to tag Composer
- Added ability to tag Lyricist
- Added ability to choose which Label to tag if MusicBrainz has multipe (previous version defaulted to last label that MusicBrainz found)
- Added additional links to other sites included in MusicBrainz's record
- Added if it finds multiple albums, it selects the first one that matches the current album name (previously it just selected the first album returned, even if there was another returned that matched the album name)

Enjoy
~One
onenonymous

Re: MusicBrainz Tagger [MM3] v1.2 2008-11-26

Post by onenonymous »

Script is updated

-Fixed typo in code for handling the check box for saving the Lyricist
-Cleaned up search functionality if it didn't find the song on the first try. New method does search in this order:
    -Search on the seed song's Artist and Album Name
gege

Post by gege »

onenonymous wrote:Script is updated

You forgot to update thread's title. :o
Chaulky

Post by Chaulky »

Everytime i try to install this it always says product installation error. What should i do?
Bex

Post by Bex »

Try this:
Avoid "Product installation error"
- Vista Users:
- - To be able to install scripts you must Run MM as an administrator.
- - It means that you must right click the MM icon and select "Run as administrator" even if you are logged in as an administrator.
- All Users:
- - Check in your task manager that you only have one instance of MediaMonkey.exe running.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts