Add/Remove PlayStat 1.3.1 (2012-09-03)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nynaevelan

Re: Add/Remove PlayStat 1.2.1 (2008-12-20) [MM3]

Post by nynaevelan »

kazadharri wrote:Now that I think about it, this would not work. How do I know which songs had there play counts increased? I would need some way of determining that before changing there last played date.

This is really starting to fustrate me, that MP3 players don't keep track of this stuff. :x

/jeff
Bex's Tagging Inconsistencies script has two nodes for tracks which have playcounts higher or lower than the playhistories table. You could use that script to identify the tracks and this one to update them.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

nynaevelan wrote: Bex's Tagging Inconsistencies script has two nodes for tracks which have playcounts higher or lower than the playhistories table. You could use that script to identify the tracks and this one to update them.

Nyn
How do you fix the inconsistency when there is more playcount than in MM's internal history?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

nohitter151 wrote:
nynaevelan wrote: Bex's Tagging Inconsistencies script has two nodes for tracks which have playcounts higher or lower than the playhistories table. You could use that script to identify the tracks and this one to update them.

Nyn
How do you fix the inconsistency when there is more playcount than in MM's internal history?

You have one of two ways to fix it, you can:

1. Use Add Plays - which is used for individual tracks, this offers alot of options for both the start and stop time you can use for the range of time of plays to be created.
2. Use Add Plays, TimeStamp X - this can be done on groups of tracks. This is the option that I use the most because I sync my playcounts from my player on a daily basis so I know exactly when the time period is that I want to update. But I also have a backup player which I only backup once a week so this one will have many groups of plays such as 1, 2 5 etc.... This one I just start with the date of the last sync and rotate the plays from midnight each weeknight, since it is rare I am up playing music that late on weekdays. If you do not really care about the time, when you open this feature it has already calculated the start time based on the sum of the length of the tracks you have selected.

The only time I usually use Add Plays Now is if I was playing a song but didn't want to wait until it finishes but I want to count the play. Also my player has the annoying habit of upping plays for tracks which I've skipped so I use the Adjust Playcounts Only feature to adjust the playcount back to what the playhistory table has. This is a powerful script and it has been a major part of my library since its creation.

Nyn

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

But I just used Add playcount for tracks where tracks had less playcount than in MM's internal history, so wouldn't that make the gap even farther in the inconsistency when the tracks have more playcount than in MM's internal history?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Not if you make sure to check the Do Not Increase Playcount button. I was just about to sign on and edit my message to tell you to make sure you check that box. :wink:

Nyn

RobertSmith

Post by RobertSmith »

OK,

I start with a stupid question. What are LastPlayHistoryDate and MM's internal History (playcount) used to (any important)?

Depending on answer, can I use this script to correct them (difference to playcount & LastPlayDate) after iPod sync?
Boys Don't Cry
3.1.0.1256 - M$ Vista Business sp1, DELL laptop, WD USB HDD 1TB (iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPod 30GB, Archos AV500 60GB)
RobertSmith

Post by RobertSmith »

RobertSmith wrote:OK,

I start with a stupid question. What are LastPlayHistoryDate and MM's internal History (playcount) used to (any important)?

Depending on answer, can I use this script to correct them (difference to playcount & LastPlayDate) after iPod sync?
The corrections after iPod seems to work perfect. But I', still not sure what the purpose is (except getting rid of "errors" in Tagging Inconsistency) :D

What's inside internal history? what can it be used to? statistics?
Boys Don't Cry
3.1.0.1256 - M$ Vista Business sp1, DELL laptop, WD USB HDD 1TB (iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPod 30GB, Archos AV500 60GB)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

RobertSmith wrote:
RobertSmith wrote:OK,

The corrections after iPod seems to work perfect. But I', still not sure what the purpose is (except getting rid of "errors" in Tagging Inconsistency) :D

What's inside internal history? what can it be used to? statistics?
not sure with ipod stuff?

but history of play's and of adding the songs in mediamonkey can be used for different things.
i use them to make a playlist on my jukebox that plays the most played songs in the previous week.

playcounts like that are the ones you can see in the listview area. there are play counts in the database that are not visable by the program user, these ones are used in conjunction with the last played date and the added to database date, for auto rating of the songs with the add on rating scripts.
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

This is the data that MM's statistic report uses as well as Bex's PlayHistory script. I'm 99% positive ZvezdanD changed his Statistics report to only use the playcount info from the Songs table. And to whether or not it is important depends on the user. Personally I find it very important because I do use the statistical data from Bex's PlayHistory script.

Nyn

RobertSmith

Post by RobertSmith »

nynaevelan wrote:Personally I find it very important because I do use the statistical data from Bex's PlayHistory script.

Nyn
But what is the difference? Is internal history "reel" play time (incl. all xx times only played a song for yy sec) compare to time calculated as play length multiplied with playcount?
Boys Don't Cry
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

As far as I know it is a table that includes all the times the tracks were played, so no it doesn't include the skipped times. And it is as real as it gets, unless of course you use a script to adjust the dates/times, but technically they are real also. The only difference is, the Songs table keeps the total count and the Last Played date when the tracks were played. Whereas the Played table keeps track of all the play dates.

An example of mine, I use this script to adjust my playdate/times from my portable player, but because I sync (sort of) my playcounts daily, my dates are correct, the actual times might be slightly different but they are in the timeframe that they should be, so that is good enough for me. I also use it to adjust the playcounts of the tracks which I listen to at work, so once again the dates are correct but the times could be a little off. I guess for people who demand 100% accuracy, they are not using scripts to adjust their dates/times.

Nyn

Bex

Post by Bex »

^What Nyn says!

The Playhistory Table is only used by scripts. I.e. my PlayHistory Script is purely based on it. Other scripts uses it to get Firstplayed etc..
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
travelgirl

Post by travelgirl »

question: i'm running into a CDate mismatch failure while attempting to change multiple files with playcount and lastplayed ... any ideas? i'm using your latest download, and it has never worked for multiple files. the single file routine works fine, but dealing with hundreds of files one at a time is, to put it mildly, not fun...

i've attempted to wander through your code looking for reasons, but nothing comes to mind. using vista 64-bit, latest sp, latest MM, etc...

help would be appreciated. kthxbai...
Bex

Post by Bex »

On which line do you get the error?
(You might need to restart MM to get an error message that contains the line number.)
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
travelgirl

Post by travelgirl »

Bex wrote:On which line do you get the error?
(You might need to restart MM to get an error message that contains the line number.)
the problem is the program doesn't say, or i'd have a shot at debugging the issue myself :)