MusicIP Tagger 2.0 - Updated 28/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Nufi

Re: MusicIP Tagger 1.0 [MM3]

Post by Nufi »

hi

I had some problems with an object null reference. The following snipped solved my problem (somewhere around line 250):

Code: Select all

For Each node In trk.childnodes
       Select Case node.nodename
            Case "title" ttl = GetText(node)
            Case "artist" GetText(node.ChildNodes.Item(0))
            Case "first-release-date" rel = GetText(node)
            Case "genre-list" gen = GetText(node)

End Select
    next
'    ttl = GetText(trk.ChildNodes.Item("titel"))
'   art = GetText(trk.ChildNodes.Item(1).ChildNodes.Item(0))
'    rel = GetText(trk.ChildNodes.Item(3))
'    gen = GetText(trk.ChildNodes.Item(4).ChildNodes.Item(0))
Yes, I saw it, but too late, there is an other solution....
golojap

Post by golojap »

Hi all,

I tried this little wonder and it is very promising !! Yet another wonderful peace of work from Trix.
Nevertheless, I'm probably not the only one to have this prob, I get some track as "analyzable". What happens when I get this message ? Are my tracks corrupt or something ?

Thx in advance for your help,

golojap
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

They're not corrupt, it just means that the executable I'm using can't work out the PUID. Hopefully the next version will have less of these issues.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Silver

Post by Silver »

Aff wrote:I found the reason for errors around line 240: it's simply that for some songs not all pieces of information (title, artist, year, genre) are available, but the scripts expects all of the 4 items in a fixed order.
So you can change this piece of code to get the items by name and to jump over non-existing ones - quick and dirty :)

on error resume next
    'ttl = GetText(trk.ChildNodes.Item(0)) <<< original code
    ttl = GetText(trk.getElementsByTagName("title").Item(0))
    art = GetText(trk.getElementsByTagName("artist").Item(0).ChildNodes.Item(0))
    rel = GetText(trk.getElementsByTagName("first-release-date").Item(0))
    gen = GetText(trk.getElementsByTagName("genre-list").Item(0).ChildNodes.Item(0).ChildNodes.Item(0))
    on error goto 0
Now it works fine for me (in spite of several 'unanalyzable' songs). Thanks to trixmoto!

Hi guys I am another new hand at this Media Monkey (Gold). It is absolutely aewsome in what it can do. I am certainly learning a lot from monitoring these forums and have installed several scripts and am in the process of sorting and tagging my collection. What I need to know is exactly how or where do I insert the above script addtion/change to stop the Line 240 Column 4 failure problem that I am also experiencing with some tracks? Can I simply use Notepad to make this change?
Thanking you in advance for what i hope will solve my current problem
Kind regards
Silver
Aff

Post by Aff »

Yes you can use notepad
Silver

Post by Silver »

Thanks Aff but can you tell me exactly where I cut and paste your workaround into the script. i have tried a few ways but no success.
Kind regards Silver
Silver

Post by Silver »

Does anybody know how to tweak the script to stop the Line 240, column 4 error. Has anybody else used the workaround created by ""Aff""
Help would be very much appreciated as this is driving me nuts and by the way Merry Christmas to everyone.
Silver.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I have fixed this in the next version which should be released either today or tomorrow - so might just be best to be patient! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Re: MusicIP Tagger 1.1 [MM3]

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.1) is now available to download. Changes include...

- Fixed errors when not all data fields returned (thanks to Aff)
- Added extra library file to improve result (thanks to Aff)
- Fixed issues with special characters in filename (thanks to Aff)
- Added option to get extra information from MusicBrainz
- Added update server to installation package.

The option to get information from MusicBrainz is switched on by default but can be switched off by editing the script file and setting "Extra" to "False". :)
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks for the update!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Silver

Post by Silver »

Trixmoto
Thank you, you are a genius with impeccable timing. Just in time for the Christmas break so sure to finally get the library organised. Thanks to some very helpful scripts.
Merry Christmas to all.
Silver
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Just installed via Installer from your site and here's the result upon trying to run the search:

Error #62 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Input past end of file
File: "C:\...\MusicIPTagger.vbs", Line: 361, Column: 10
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks for your kind words.

@Mizery_Made - strange, I've never seen an error like this before and all I'm doing is reading in a file. Can you please email me "MIPT.xml" from your %TEMP% folder after you receive this error message?
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

The file is empty when running a search on a file that'll throw this error.

EDIT: It appears to be the file path that's causing trouble.

C:\My Music\R&B\!--Misc--!\Christina Milian - Ain't No Reason.mp3
That was one of the files throwing the error. Moving that file to the "C:\My Music\" folder and running the search results in no error.

C:\My Music\R&B\112\1998 - Room 112\13 - {112} - Crazy Over You.mp3
Same thing with that file. A theory I had was that it was the "&" that was causing it (as I have a set of files in my Pop folder that have "&" in the album artist folder which throws this error too), but there are other files under the "R&B" folder that will work, not to mention some under my "Rap" folder with "&" in the Album folder which work fine. Leaves me scratching my head. *Scratches Head*
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Thanks. Added to my re-test & beta test lists. Will check back on this topic before doing the actual test.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies