RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

mmuser101

Re: RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [MM2+]

Post by mmuser101 »

I am looking to pull numbers in the title of a song-show and add it to the date of the song-show. I have tried to create my own from the preset "Copy <From Field> to <Into Field>..." but have not had any luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What I have in the title.
Title: Song-Show Name YYYY MM DD

What I want to add to the songs date info.
Date MM/DD/YYYY

preset: Copy <From Field> to <Into Field>...
Find what:
Into: Date
Replace with:

I would also like to make the track number from the title.

Track# YYYYMMDD

In bulk rename utility I use regex settings but I am not sure that will work here.
Match: (\d\d\d\d) (\d\d) (\d\d)
Replace \2\3\1
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

mmuser101 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:06 am What I have in the title.

Date MM/DD/YYYY

Find what:
Replace with:

Track# YYYYMMDD
You want to:
1.copy the date part of the title and put it into the date field
as MM/DD/YYYY format? Or, just change the date format in the title?

2. ADD the track# to the front of the date field (can't do this)? Or, just add it to the front of the date info in the title?

Can you provide real examples of the final results of what you want?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
kluv

Post by kluv »

Hey, how's it going for you???
I love this plugin and have been using it for an ass load of years.
Thanks for keeping it going!
Now for the ask.... What preset would be best or can you make a preset that recognizes the key listed in the title and copy that into a field of choice?
An example would be: Concerto Grosso In E flat major Op.7`6 (Il Pianto D'Arianna)
I'd prefer if it could translate to the Camelot Wheel. For instance E flat Major would be 5B
The keys can be in different places in the title.

Thank you for your help.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

kluv wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:35 pmWhat preset would be best or can you make a preset that recognizes the key listed in the title and copy that into a field of choice?
So, you want only the key to be copied to another field?
Title: E flat major Op.7`6 (Il Pianto D'Arianna)
some other field: E flat major
kluv wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:35 pmI'd prefer if it could translate to the Camelot Wheel. For instance E flat Major would be 5B. The keys can be in different places in the title.
So, you want the Camelot version of the key to be included somewhere in the title without having to copy it to another field?
You say "keys", can be in different places, in title, which indicates you want both versions in the title, right?
Something like:
Title: E flat major_5B Op.7`6 (Il Pianto D'Arianna)
or
Title: E flat major Op.7`6 (Il Pianto D'Arianna) 5B
[easiest]

OR

Title: E flat major Op.7`6 (Il Pianto D'Arianna) 5B
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Archiv-Cowboy

Re: RegEXP: Take "Last Modified"-Attribut as "Date"-Value

Post by Archiv-Cowboy »

MMFrLife wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:43 pm So, you are actually talking about the timestamp, but you only want the date 'part/aspect' of the Timestamp, not the time?
ZvezdanD wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:19 pm
The last modified property of files is called Timestamp in MM and RFR. However, I am not sure if that field is automatically updated in the MM database if you change files outside of MM
Yes i figured it out myself, that "Timestamp" ist what RegEx/ MM recognize as "Last Modified". How I stated in my other Thread:
Archiv-Cowboy wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:57 am Problem ist partly solved "Timestamp" is what RegEXP recognize as "Last Modified". I can simply copy it in each value field I want. But there is still the problem, that the timestamp takes not only the but the exact time, so I can't copy it directly in the date value field, because this doesn't support time.

So first of all I auto-copy the timestamp in the comment-field. If I can't find another solution, I think I have to copy it per hand from comment into the date field. But this is better than before.
The Problem is still, that I can't copy the raw Timestamp-Value in the Date-Value-Field, because it can't process Time-Data only the Date.

especially @MMFrLife

The "Timestamp"-Value consists for example of "27.07.2019 13:44" (date and exact time) because i doesn't know that timestamp is a technical term in our context I used it to refer to the exact time and "Last Modified" for the whole. To clear this up.

I meant: I want to copy from the Timestamp-Value only the Date-part into the Date-Value of a file. For example:
(I already copied theTimestamps of some of my files into the comment-section because I failed to copy them directly into the date field.)
The last modified property of files is called Timestamp in MM and RFR. However, I am not sure if that field is automatically updated in the MM database if you change files outside of MM.
It is but that's not a problem, cause most of them still have the timestamp from the moment, they were created because I didn't edited, only copied them since.

That's why I have to transfer this information first, before I can rename them or add information and stuff.
Archiv-Cowboy

Re: RegEXP: Take "Last Modified"-Attribut as "Date"-Value

Post by Archiv-Cowboy »

ZvezdanD wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:19 pm Find what: ^.*
RegEx1: on
Replace with: DateISO(<From Field>)
VBScript: on
Ahh thank you for your PM. I had over read it. I tried it and actually it did done, what i wanted. Thank you very much for the help! :)
mmuser101

Post by mmuser101 »

MMFrLife wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:56 pm
mmuser101 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:06 am What I have in the title.

Date MM/DD/YYYY

Find what:
Replace with:

Track# YYYYMMDD
You want to:
1.copy the date part of the title and put it into the date field
as MM/DD/YYYY format? Or, just change the date format in the title?

2. ADD the track# to the front of the date field (can't do this)? Or, just add it to the front of the date info in the title?

Can you provide real examples of the final results of what you want?
lets say the file is called "joe rogan show 2021_07_31.mp3" Song-Show Name YYYY_MM_DD.mp3

I want to take the date that is in the end and create two things with it. I want to create the track number as 20210731 and I want to create the date as 07/31/2021
regnaD kciN

Post by regnaD kciN »

Just to let you know that, as of today, the latest security update to Windows Defender automatically disables this add-on as "malicious" (identifying it as a "severe" threat of "Trojan:O97M/Mountsi.D!ml") every time MM is run. Am I correct in assuming that the only known fix is to disable Defender every time one needs to use Media Monkey?
kluv

Post by kluv »

So, you want only the key to be copied to another field?
Yes.
So, you want the Camelot version of the key to be included somewhere in the title without having to copy it to another field?
No, the Camelot version should take the place of the key
some other field: E flat major or 5B
You say "keys", can be in different places, in title, which indicates you want both versions in the title, right?
No, i was saying in the original title of the song the key can be in the front, middle or end. its not in a set position.
Title: Op.7`6 in E flat major (Il Pianto D'Arianna)
Title: Op.7`6 (Il Pianto D'Arianna) E flat major

Thanks and sorry about ghosting.

Thank you,
Peke

Post by Peke »

kluv wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:35 pm No, the Camelot version should take the place of the key
If RegExp Find & Replace would be ported to MM5 then you will have direct access to INITIAL KEY (MM5 support Camelot) and it would contain 5B.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
kluv

Post by kluv »

Peke wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:36 pm
kluv wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:35 pm No, the Camelot version should take the place of the key
If RegExp Find & Replace would be ported to MM5 then you will have direct access to INITIAL KEY (MM5 support Camelot) and it would contain 5B.
That would be nice but it's not the most important part. If there's a way to move the "E flat Major" to a field of my choice I'd be more than happy with that.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

regnaD kciN wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:40 pm Just to let you know that, as of today, the latest security update to Windows Defender automatically disables this add-on as "malicious" (identifying it as a "severe" threat of "Trojan:O97M/Mountsi.D!ml") every time MM is run. Am I correct in assuming that the only known fix is to disable Defender every time one needs to use Media Monkey?
It seems this is related to the "Potentially unwanted apps" settings that are changed in the August update:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 7e0ab6289e
https://www.windowslatest.com/2021/08/0 ... nted-apps/
https://www.pcworld.com/article/3628168 ... loads.html

I don't have Win 10 and cannot test it, but Windows Defender in Win 7 has an option to disable scanning of specified files/folders.

RegExp Find & Replace and Magic Nodes already had the problem with Windows Defender, which you could find if you search this thread. I am sick and tired of these quasi-programmers working on such "security" programs that cannot write a proper code for malware detection.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Peke wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:36 pm If RegExp Find & Replace would be ported to MM5 then...
If I was paid as you are, then...
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Peke

Post by Peke »

ZvezdanD wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:14 am I don't have Win 10 and cannot test it, but Windows Defender in Win 7 has an option to disable scanning of specified files/folders.
It is also available in Win 10 here:
ZvezdanD wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:14 am I am sick and tired of these quasi-programmers working on such "security" programs that cannot write a proper code for malware detection.
1000% agree, it is even harder to explain people that only good anti-virus is Hardware (software to some extend) firewall and good setup of LAN/WLAN infrastructure (to get that you need not the cheapest equipment and invested time to set them up).
Zvezdan I hope you agree that 99.99% active viruses need to be online in order to function properly and no.1 reason for viruses on the PCs is non reading and just clicking on NEXT/YES/I AGREE/ACCEPT.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Peke wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:33 pm Zvezdan I hope you agree that 99.99% active viruses need to be online in order to function properly and no.1 reason for viruses on the PCs is non reading and just clicking on NEXT/YES/I AGREE/ACCEPT.
1000% agree. :) Which is why I am very suspicious to any program that want to access the Internet, even after I disable all related options in it. ;)