RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

terrypin

Re: RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [M

Post by terrypin »

Could I get some help on how to remove track numbers from the beginning of titles please?

I'm finding this hard going, despite reading the opening post!

I scrolled down the list of presets and found this which seems appropriate for my objective, namely to remove the track numbers from the titles. Then I selected Title as the target ('Into Field').

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/401 ... ace-01.jpg

But what next? Clicking Replace All at this stage did nothing. Must I construct a replacement RegExp and enter it in the 'Replace with' box (which I'm surprised is empty).

Do I need to enable Regular Expression 1 and/or Regular Expression 2?

And what about those other check boxes?

Are there some worked examples anywhere that I can study please?

Should this link play video about the script? I just see a couple of adverts.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/401 ... ace-02.jpg
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
MM 5.0.2.2532 (Gold), i7 4.0 GHz running Win 10 Pro
MM 4.1.31.1919 (Gold)

Post by Guest »

From what I can see, it looks like there might be a space before the carat ^ in the Find What field - otherwise what you have should work (nb the track number and the space(s) should be highlighted in yellow.)
terrypin

Post by terrypin »

Well spotted, thanks! That fixed it.

Any sources you can recommend for learning how to use this tool properly please? Half a dozen worked examples would get me started. I can look up the RegEx syntax (the version I know a little about is built into my text editor, and seems significantly different to the VBS version). But some basics about the UI are still unclear to me, and I'm sure they're trivial and obvious once I've seen them used.
MM 4.1.31.1919 (Gold)
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

After you fool around with it a bit more you'll find you can use more than one, and often seemingly unrelated presets, to perform
the same or a similar function. For ex., "Remove specified number of words from the begin of <Into Field>..." can be used to achieve the same result.
Likewise, the "remove a certain number of characters... one also works provided the correct number is entered into the appropriate area in the preset. :)
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
KyleHx

Post by KyleHx »

I've been playing a bit with this addon and came across a couple of things that are making it easier for me to use.
The .\Scripts\Auto\RegExpReplace.ini doesn't seem to be used at all, after installation.
Its contents are copied into MediaMonkey.ini (there are 2 RegExp sections in that file).
I found that I could edit the copy in MediaMonkey.ini, with a text editor, and change the order and names to make things easier to figure out.
You'll need a text editor that won't balk at long lines & extended characters.
(I use PFE32, and Notepad++ from http://notepad-plus-plus.org has been suggested as a better alternative.)
With 253 Presets, there a lot to sort through, but it seems worth the effort.
terrypin

Post by terrypin »

Yes, I sorted alphabetically following the tip from ZvezdanD on 9th May up-thread:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 75#p407701

But to do the same for the Tools > Scripts dropdown, lke you I resorted to manual shuffling after nohitter's pointer about editing Scripts.ini:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 68#p407398
MM 4.1.31.1919 (Gold)
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

How do I get it to look for a specific folder in the path?
Trying to rename "Prefix to end of <into>" (for the artist folder).

I know the proper preset to use, but folder and path do not work as is.
What am I not seeing?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:How do I get it to look for a specific folder in the path?
Trying to rename "Prefix to end of <into>" (for the artist folder).

I know the proper preset to use, but folder and path do not work as is.
What am I not seeing?
You should be more specific with some examples what you have now and what you want to get. Also, there is no "Prefix to end of <into>" preset and I am not sure that I know about which you are talking. I suppose it is "Move prefixes to the end of <Into Field>...", but you cannot use that preset since it is moving prefixes from the begin of the specified field to its end.

For example, if I have artist "The Beatles" I could get "Beatles, The". However, if I have this path:
c:\My Music\Rock\The Beatles\The Beatles [White Album]\Disc1\01 - Back in the U.S.S.R..mp3
then the Folder would be:
c:\My Music\Rock\The Beatles\The Beatles [White Album]\Disc1
i.e. everything except the filename and extension (01 - Back in the U.S.S.R..mp3). In both cases the prefix is not on the begin of the string. Actually, the mentioned preset could move prefixes even if they are not on the begin of the string, but they should be preceded with the multi-item separator ";". For example: "Bob Marley; The Wailers" would be "Bob Marley; Wailers, The".
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

:( Yeah, you hit on what I want.
So, it looks like I can't do it since "The Fifth Dimension" folder is not at the beginning of the path
and it isn't separated by ";" inside of a field.

I can use my FileRenamer for them. It's a really great one (by Sherrod). :)
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote::( Yeah, you hit on what I want.
So, it looks like I can't do it since "The Fifth Dimension" folder is not at the beginning of the path
and it isn't separated by ";" inside of a field.

I can use my FileRenamer for them. It's a really great one (by Sherrod). :)
I didn't say that you cannot do it, but I said that you cannot use the mentioned preset for that. As I said, I need examples. I cannot write a new preset for you if I don't know what exactly you want. It is not same if some folder is on the first or second or any other level of the path, unless if you want to move prefixes in the folder only for just that single artist. In that case you could simply use this add-on by replacing:
\The Fifth Dimension\
with:
\Fifth Dimension, The\

But, you are right, maybe it would be faster if you just use some specialized software for that.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

ZvezdanD wrote:I didn't say that you cannot do it, but I said that you cannot use the mentioned preset for that.
I understood you (the gist). That's what I meant by can't do it. Not that it isn't possible, just not with current presets.
ZvezdanD wrote:As I said, I need examples. I cannot write a new preset for you if I don't know what exactly you want. It is not same if some folder is on the first or second or any other level of the path
So, by an example, you'd need me to literally write out the entire path? You can't write it with a starting position signifier? [not complaining, just wondering if that's
what you're saying, specifically]
ZvezdanD wrote:But, you are right, maybe it would be faster if you just use some specialized software for that.
Yeah, in this case I'd rather just use my FileRenamer (file and folder) and save your efforts for a couple of other issues I want to try and get to after
the next few days.
Last edited by MMFrLife on Sat May 23, 2015 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
😜
Hdhntr23

Post by Hdhntr23 »

I'm sure this has been asked before but I coudlnt find it in this thread... 67 pages wow!

Anyway, is there a preset to capitalize every first letter of each word in a field?

I apologize if this is an easy one.

Thanks in advance.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

#234 if you want all words capitalized.
#235 if you only want major words capitalized.
😜
Hdhntr23

Post by Hdhntr23 »

Great thanks!

Ive got it pulled up and Ive fixed a couple but how do I:

1) keep the file the way it is vs. fixing it and go to the next one

2) make the page move to the next "yellow" one vs. it staying on page one?

Thank you so much in advance!
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

There should be some arrows/page info at the bottom left
😜