RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

TSP7

Re: RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [M

Post by TSP7 »

Just started beating my collection into shape with Mediamonkey and loving this tool very much already! Thanks ZvezdanD!

I just used last.fm import to get my playcounts and, even better, last played dates, but some tracks were not imported as good as others and have no last played date. Is it possible to copy the last played date from a track above a track (and how would I do this)?
sn0skier

Post by sn0skier »

I want to take a title field which says the title, then " (feat. <featured artist>)" and move just the featured artist to the Involved people field and remove the " (feat. <featured artist>)" part from the title. How in good god's name do I do that with this program. Sorry, but with Steegy's extract fields script this was so easy, and I've spent 2 hours now trying to figure out how to do it with this script and I am no closer then when I started. I've searched this thread, read the intro (so many times) and some intros to regex, but this is very complicated and the intro is frankly poorly written and confusing.
last.fm signatures don't work anymore, which is sad. Any easy replacement?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

sn0skier wrote:I want to take a title field which says the title, then " (feat. <featured artist>)" and move just the featured artist to the Involved people field and remove the " (feat. <featured artist>)" part from the title. How in good god's name do I do that with this program. Sorry, but with Steegy's extract fields script this was so easy, and I've spent 2 hours now trying to figure out how to do it with this script and I am no closer then when I started. I've searched this thread, read the intro (so many times) and some intros to regex, but this is very complicated and the intro is frankly poorly written and confusing.
Preset 173 does that exactly, change the second drop down menu on the right hand side to "Involved people"
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
sn0skier

Post by sn0skier »

nohitter151 wrote: Preset 173 does that exactly, change the second drop down menu on the right hand side to "Involved people"
Doesn't work for me. It tries to change involved people to "Feat. <featured artist>)"
last.fm signatures don't work anymore, which is sad. Any easy replacement?
MPG

Post by MPG »

I was trying to use the Copy <From field> to <Into field> preset. I selected from Artist and into Album Artist. Using Regular Expression 1 and 2 checked off. The preset appeared to work like a charm until I did a search on the database for the artist and it located duplicate entries. One with the original artist/album artist and one with the RegExp updated fields. When I played the song, both entries became bold. If I deleted one entry, it deleted both entries. :( The only solution I could find was to clear my database and rebuild it. Believe me, I wasn't impressed as it takes well over an hour to clear and rebuild and I loose all my playlists, and play counts, etc.

Has anyone ever encountered this and if so, any suggestions on how to either not let it happen, or resolve the outcome?

TIA,
MPG
TIA
MPG
Triumph - Hold On: Music holds the secret, to know it can make you whole.
theta_wave

Post by theta_wave »

I'm wondering if I can do the following with regexp:

Take the title "Sonata No.5 for cello & continuo in E minor (Six Sonatas No.5), Op.14/5, RV 40: II. Allegro" and copy the "RV 40" string to a custom field. Like say search for the string "RV" in <Title> and copy it along with x amount of characters until reaching the character ":" because some RV #'s contain three digits like "RV 578"

Thanks ZvezdanD for your help with my earlier request.
MM Gold Lifetime since 2.5.5.998
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

sn0skier wrote:I want to take a title field which says the title, then " (feat. <featured artist>)" and move just the featured artist to the Involved people field and remove the " (feat. <featured artist>)" part from the title. How in good god's name do I do that with this program. Sorry, but with Steegy's extract fields script this was so easy, and I've spent 2 hours now trying to figure out how to do it with this script and I am no closer then when I started. I've searched this thread, read the intro (so many times) and some intros to regex, but this is very complicated and the intro is frankly poorly written and confusing.

Hi! Did you get this working?! Why did you stop using ExtractFields?

Curious Jonny
Grateful noob
vanderj

Post by vanderj »

Is there a way to keep a maximum of N items from from a multi-item field?
For example, if I wanted to keep 3 items, the regular expression would replace:

"aaa; bbb; ccc; ddd; eee" with "aaa; bbb; ccc"
"aaa; bbb; ccc; ddd" with "aaa; bbb; ccc"

But would not change the following:
"aaa; bbb; ccc"
"aaa; bbb"
"aaa"

I know there are presets to remove the last item or keep the first item but I can't figure out how to change them to get the result I want.
I'm looking for something like this where I include the number of items to keep in the expression. (This example removes that last three items instead of keeping the first three)

(;\s?[^;]*){3}$

Thanks,
vanderj

Post by vanderj »

vanderj wrote:Is there a way to keep a maximum of N items from from a multi-item field?
For example, if I wanted to keep 3 items, the regular expression would replace:

"aaa; bbb; ccc; ddd; eee" with "aaa; bbb; ccc"
"aaa; bbb; ccc; ddd" with "aaa; bbb; ccc"

But would not change the following:
"aaa; bbb; ccc"
"aaa; bbb"
"aaa"
I finally got this to work. I'm not very experienced with regular expressions but it is good enough for me. This keeps a maximum of three fields (I have a limited set of characters I know are in the fields).

Find what: ([A-Za-z\s\-/&]+;\s)([A-Za-z\s\-/&]+;\s)([A-Za-z\s\-/&]+)(;\s)([^.?*]+)
Replace with: $1$2$3
kobin

How can I separate artist from title?

Post by kobin »

Hello!
I have artist and song title together in field "title". For example : Jim Diamond - I Should Have Know Better. Can I move artist to field artist from song title by "Find & replace", because I don't know how to do it? I wont to have "Jim Diamond" in field "artist" and "I Should Have Know Better" in field "title".

Can you give me any example how to set "Find & replace" for it?

Thank you!
Last edited by Lowlander on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
NewbieMonkey

Post by NewbieMonkey »

I am trying to organize my collection, and ran into a wall with Split CD:s like the one i just described. The problem i currently have is when i auto-org. with MediaMonkey it creates SEPARATE FOLDERS for EACH artists on the same Album. Everytime it does this, i have to manually organize all the files into the same folder and rename the folder again and then remove the leftover folders, which is tedious.

Lets say i have an album which has 2 different artists and 2 songs, lets call Artist 1: "Emperor" and Artist 2: "Thorns". The songs on the album are: Track 1: "Emperor - I Am" & Track 2: "Thorns - Cosmic Keys" and the name of the album is "Split EP". The folder they are in is named "Emperor Thorns Split EP" (if it matters).

Now how would i be able to RENAME and Organize this album into JUST 1 folder named like this: "Emperor & Thorns -YEAR- Split EP".
So basically i would need to be able to have a scripts or regular expression or something that takes the names of both Artists from 2 different files (Track 1 and Track 2) Tags and puts them after each other with a "&" in between to create a Path and Filename, preferably the first artist on the album (Emperor) would be first, then the other but that is not the most important thing.

I know in theory how to achieve this and in my mind it sounds like a piece of cake, but this has proven to be an impossible nightmare of a simple thing, and i cannot figure this out (not an expert user of regular expressions and whatnot).

The problem really is that i cannot figure out how to ADD (not replace) text into a field between different tracks/files, as usually tag info is read only from 1 file at a time, otherwise the info isn't shown, the artist changes into <different> or whatever.

Hope i wrote things clearly enough and someone has a solution. Thanks.

PS. i have hundreds of Split CD:s so if i can avoid it, i would rather not Re-tag everything or type things manually.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

NewbieMonkey wrote:Now how would i be able to RENAME and Organize this album into JUST 1 folder named like this: "Emperor & Thorns -YEAR- Split EP".
Yes, it is possible to do that with this add-on, although it requires knowledge not for regular expressions but VBScript and SQL.

There are some already predefined presets which are using the same approach, e.g. "Append weighted average Bitrate of album to the last folder of Path", "Assign total song length of all tracks from some folder to <Into field>", "Assign Genre if it is empty with value assigned to most tracks from same artist", "Assign weighted average Rating of album to <Into Field>..." and also some another - they all have in common that are assigning some value to some field depending of other files from the same album or artist or folder or some another specified field.

Also, if I remember correctly, there is a preset which I posted here some time ago which appends several artists from the same album to some another field of each file from that album.

Unfortunately, I don't have too much free time and I can help writing presets only to those who donate to my add-ons.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Kevinowpb

Post by Kevinowpb »

Web / URL.... removal...

Can this find and remove ALL references to any URL be it www.xxxxx.xxx or just name.xxx .. in ANY/ALL fields?

for ALL songs/tags...

(fyi. i have a library of 220k songs...)...
Ashran

Post by Ashran »

Hi, I have a question :p

I have a serie of collection, named "Metal hard rock covers" followed by a digit. The trouble I have, it is that there is a lot of them, and there are sometime numbered with x, or xx, or even xxx, and I woud like to rename them to Metal hard rock covers xxxx. How would I do that with this plugin ?

edit: To be more clear, I sometime have Metal Hard Rock Covers 1, Metal Hard Rock Covers 01, Metal Hard Rock Covers 001 and I want to have Metal Hard Rock Covers 0001, up to Metal Hard Rock Covers 0649 (which is the last album for the moment but more are coming)
skywalka

Post by skywalka »

Hi ZvezvdanD.

Thanks for sharing your hard work.

If I use:
Copy featuring artists or [(featuring artist)] from the end of Title to the end of Artist
on
songname (feat. artist2)
you end up with:
artist feat. artist2)
ie There is a close bracket but no open bracket. It would be great if there were no brackets in the artist field.

Thanks again.