RightClickForWeb With Tagging[MM3] (v1.60 2008-07-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

@Bob61 - Look for the "Web Lookup" button in the Search toolbar - see screenshot.

@hintergrundrauschen - In this shot, I'm also showing use of Glided skin. I've tweaked my code to improve the look with that screen.

@spacefish - I hear you like Bowie - so this screenshot is for you... :wink:

In the screenshot, I'm showing the buttons on the left - I'm working on update to provide the ability in Tools/Options to choose where to put the Nav buttons, define startup defaults etc. If I can get through it quickly, I'll post an update this weekend to give that, plus any tweaks anyone else may suggest.
aidan_cage

hmmmm

Post by aidan_cage »

I got this error message when I launched MediaMonkey after installing this script (ran the .mmip, installed successfully, then closed and relaunched)

any help? I'd like to see the splendor of this script!
it was the latest version that was posted on page four. Should I try installing an earlier version first?
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

@aidan_cage - that line is looking for the RightClickForWeb.ini file. Do me a favor and check to see if "RightClickForWeb.ini" is in your Scripts\Auto folder. Based on the error message, it's not there.

I just looked at my code, and realized that when I coded to ask before replacing if you already have it there from a previous install, I forgot to put it there if you didn't have it! :oops:

Give me a few minutes to fix and repost.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Is it possible to add an art button or am I missing it??

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

nynaevelan wrote:Is it possible to add an art button or am I missing it??

Nyn
Possible ... maybe...
Easy... no...
most art on pages is a hyper link, so "selecting" causes a click which goes to another page rather than waiting for my button to be clicked and get the text selection. There is functionality that fridge put into WebNodes that can work to let you right click on the art and add to tags. I'm still looking for a way to add a button to do this, but for now, try WebNodes
aidan_cage

Post by aidan_cage »

onenonymous wrote:@aidan_cage - that line is looking for the RightClickForWeb.ini file. Do me a favor and check to see if "RightClickForWeb.ini" is in your Scripts\Auto folder. Based on the error message, it's not there.

I just looked at my code, and realized that when I coded to ask before replacing if you already have it there from a previous install, I forgot to put it there if you didn't have it! :oops:

Give me a few minutes to fix and repost.
I checked and it was there, but it was called "RightClickForWeb.ini.NEW"
--I took the .NEW off the end, restarted MediaMonkey
PRESTO MAGIC
Awesomeness abounds
thanks again!

PEACE
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

Version 1.51 Update May 1, 2008 Installer
-Fixed bug that forgot to place the RightClickForWeb.ini file in place if it wasn't already there :oops:
-Fixed positioning of buttons and text to work with Glided
-Added constants at top of script to allow you to choose where the Nav bar appears - last version was hard coded to bottom of window. Now you can choose top, left, bottom or right. Future update will add the ability to choose from an option sheet in Tools/Options... For now - if you wish to put the Nav bar in a different place edit these 2 lines:

Code: Select all

Const optionPanelLoc = 2  ' 1=top 2=Bottom 3=Left 4=Right
Const optionFormLoc = 2  ' 1=top 2=Bottom 3=Left 4=Right
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I already have WebNodes and Batch Art Finder but I figured it I was using the panel to tag other options, I could do a one-stop shop with art. But no worries. :wink:

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

@aidan_cage - Thanks - that was what I thought would happen. I'd forgotten to rename the file to remove the '.NEW' after the installer put it in place. I'd put that in there to avoid over-writing it if the user had customized their own and didn't want to replace it. The update I just uploaded should fix this problem for others. There are a couple of other tweaks in 1.51 (as noted in the post above) if you want to try it out.
holterpolter

Post by holterpolter »

Something i noticed is the behaviour which song is to tag.
Your script tags always the song selected in the MainWindow of MediaMonkey even i select a song in the NowPlaying Window. The song in the MainWindow is "selected" in a brighter grey but the tags are written to this file.
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

holterpolter wrote:Something i noticed is the behaviour which song is to tag.
Your script tags always the song selected in the MainWindow of MediaMonkey even i select a song in the NowPlaying Window. The song in the MainWindow is "selected" in a brighter grey but the tags are written to this file.
it's supposed to tag the song that is showing in the web form regardless of which songs are currently selected in NowPlaying Window or Main Window. I just checked on my copy and it behaves correctly.
holterpolter

Post by holterpolter »

Try to select a song in the NowPlaying window and click on "Sel"in your panel. It always chose the song from the MainWindow which isn´t really selected.
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

holterpolter wrote:Try to select a song in the NowPlaying window and click on "Sel"in your panel. It always chose the song from the MainWindow which isn´t really selected.
I haven't figured out a way to tell that the selected song is the one in NP - it appears MM assumes I'm selecting from the Main Window. Tagging works correctly though - as it's tagging the song that's in the web browser. I'm using the "SelectedSongList" to get the selection:
ISDBApplication::SelectedSongList
Returns SDBSongList object of all tracks that are currently selected in the main MediaMonkey window, or in the now playing window (depending on which window has the focus).
It appears that MM loses track of the fact that the NP window had focus when my button is clicked (I guess since my window now has the focus), so it "defaults" to the Main window. I'm not sure I'll be able to fix this :cry:
If you choose the selection from the right-click menu of the song in NP, it appears to work correctly. I'll keep looking for a method to use the Sel button though - since it's there and all... :-? Also, you could set the Main Window to show Now Playing, then select from the Main Window and the Sel button should work.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

onenonymous wrote:@spacefish - I hear you like Bowie - so this screenshot is for you... :wink:
Aw, it's nice to be noticed. Thanks. :D
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

Version 1.52 Update May 10, 2008 Installer for v 1.52
- Fixed bug that didn't let you lookup the selected song in the Now Playing window
- Renamed "MM separate window" to "MM form" - behaviour is the same though
- Added button on the Panel & Form to allow you to place the navigation bar on top, left, bottom or right. See screenshot below. Click the "Nav Loc" button in the top right to cycle through each location
- Minor code fixes
- Added more strings at the beginning of the code to make it easier to localize to non-english if desired (you'll have to manually edit the script though)