Last.FM Node: dynamic node based on last.fm 2020.04.19 [MM3][MM4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Owyn

Re: Last.FM Node: dynamic node based on last.fm 2008.05.07 [MM3]

Post by Owyn »

I think it is available with the new API.
http://www.last.fm/api/show?service=329

-----------------------
Well, I'll be darned.
http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?metho ... b7b2e0a026

worked. (I am not a paid subscriber at Last.Fm)

Edit: Cleaned up post.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies

Post by Guest »

Yeah I'd love to see the option in the node, or something like this http://www.last.fm/forum/21716/_/448880
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Looked at the forum thread. Need to look at the Python code, but, it would probably have to modified for use in MM3.

I have been mulling over exporting the Last.Fm weekly history to build a play history for MM. The big problem is mapping the Last.Fm track info to the correct track in MM. Have already marked the code that I want to plagiarize from this script.

Added a todo item, but, low priority.

Tekno may do something sooner, but, don't want to put any words in his mouth.
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Teknojnky

Re: Last.FM Node: dynamic node based on last.fm 2009.01.15 [MM3]

Post by Teknojnky »

At long last, last.fm nodes is updated. Now you can add your favorite artists and such and last.fm nodes will remember them so you no longer have to keep typing them in.

You can add them via the last.fm toolbar button.

Currently, there is no way to edit or remove them automatically, but you can manually remove them via the LastFMNode.vbs.ini file in the scripts\auto folder. (Make mm is closed before making any manual changes) Eventually, I will add proper rename/re-order/remove functionality.

Recent Updates:
* implemented favorites saving and usage (edit/remove not yet functional)'
* favorite nodes are stored in Auto\LastFmNode.vbs.ini'
* added menu and dialog to save favorites to the Last.FM toolbar button/menu'
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Quick test on 2009.01.15(Build 100) with MM1213.

Noticed that Last.FM does it's current track lookup on every OnPlay event, even when it does not have focus in the tree.
Already have enough problems with CPU load on some systems at OnPlay, don't need more.

-------
Actual situation was Last.FM DJ kicking in on default install. Should be off by default.
I got an assertion error on exit in the ini write routine. No last.fm node section in Mediamonkey.ini.

------
Removing from test for the moment until I finish testing new ADF&F & RegExp.
cali

Post by cali »

Thanks for the update. I love this script.

I have one question. What happened with the 3 and 6 months charts? Can they be added somehow?
Windows Vista -- MM 3.1.0.1227 -- 6 Gen iPod
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

cali wrote:Thanks for the update. I love this script.

I have one question. What happened with the 3 and 6 months charts? Can they be added somehow?
Thanks for the kind words, I haven't changed anything with the charts, it has always been weekly and overall. These are/were the only availble charts on the old xml feeds.

Last.fm has created a newer api which is more flexible, but will pretty much require a re-write of most of the internals of the script, so any newer/different nodes will have to wait till some day I have time to research and re-write the script.
gstorr

Post by gstorr »

Can someone help me understand the Auto DJ function in this script. The nodes seem to build fine for me but the now playing list opoulates with a few songs and plays them over and over. Can anyone give me a hand configuring this so I can get a dynamic playlist?

Thanks
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

what size is your library?

do you have most of them rated at least 2.5 stars? if not, you will need to adjust the options (tools >options >library >last.fm node> select rating, mouse over until you find it)
gstorr

Post by gstorr »

I have about 40k songs. I have the rating set at -1, should that not account for all songs, even those unrated?
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

as far as I can see, it should.

you can enable logging in the options and check the lastfmnode.vbs.log file (in scripts\auto folder) and try to see what problem is.

what about the other options, I keep mine set @ 46, 10, 7, 30, 0, 2

If you lowered the other restrictions, you will may very likely get alot of repeats.
gstorr

Post by gstorr »

Thanks! Do settings like Auto DJ, Continuous, and Shuffle have any baring on the playlist and how the script operates?
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Not really, shuffle/continuous are player options. Enabling the normal auto-dj will just queue extra files in addition to the last.fm dj mode.
greatscriptthankyou

Post by greatscriptthankyou »

Can we please have the option to not play tracks that have over, say, 5 [or any other number specified by the user] plays?

I use this script mostly to surprise me, adding tracks that I wouldn't have thought of myself, but lately it's gotten to a stage where it's repeating the same tracks of certain genres, when others are just sitting there. So if I had the option to limit its choices to tracks that hadn't been played > 5 times it'd be great.
BobSharp

Post by BobSharp »

I can't get the last.fm node script to install. I get an error box that says "Product Installation Error". Are there any known issues?

I'm running MM 3.0.7.1911 under Vista 64 bit.

Thanks,

Bob