Last.FM Node: dynamic node based on last.fm 2020.04.19 [MM3][MM4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Teknojnky

Re: Last.FM Node: dynamic node based on last.fm 2009.01.15 [MM3]

Post by Teknojnky »

you will probaly have to run mm elevated, right click shortcut an run as admin
BobSharp

Re: Last.FM Node: dynamic node based on last.fm 2009.01.15 [MM3]

Post by BobSharp »

That was it. Now on to the exploring....

Bob
Teknojnky

Re: Last.FM Node: dynamic node based on last.fm 2009.04.02 [MM3]

Post by Teknojnky »

some minor updates and hopefully a bit better performance and stability

see first post or signature for download

edit: be warned this version might require MM 3.1 if you have not already updated
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yeah, you've not run MM "as administrator" before running the installation package.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
ZachStanley

Post by ZachStanley »

Hi there!
Great script, from what I can see so far. I'm just having one problem. With MM 3.1.0.1236 on Vista 32-bit, I am able to click Last FM Node and it loads similar tracks. Likewise, I can click Artists or Tags below that and it loads the respective list. However, attempting to expand the node does nothing. Any idea what my issue could be? This is a fairly new install of MM, so the configuration hasn't really been changed from default.

Thanks,
Zach
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

you have to add artists etc via the last.fm icon on the toolbar, it should look like a black audioscrobbler icon.
ZachStanley

Post by ZachStanley »

Oh, oops! Thanks. I feel silly. :oops:
Sizzly

Post by Sizzly »

I don't mean to be problematic, but I'd really like a link to the version of the Last.FM node that isn't dependent on the beta version of MediaMonkey (3.1).

Is there any chance that the 3.0 version could be republished?

Sizzly,

MediaMonkey prophet.
Rob
DJ Sizzly
http://djsizzly.com
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Unfortunately I did not keep the old version when I last updated, I had forgotten about the 3.1 specific stuff until afterwards.

Maybe someone else still has a copy they can upload somewhere.

I would recommend trying out the latest 3.1 beta anyway, just be sure to make a backup copy of your MM.DB file, since 3.1 will update the database and you won't be able to use the same db to go back to 3.0 without a backup.
alexdodd

Post by alexdodd »

How do you remove the tags/artist nodes you've added?
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

open the last.fmnode.vbs.ini in the mm\scripts\auto folder

and manually remove them.

You will probably need to close MM first.

someday maybe I will have time/energy to finish it up
jvian

Post by jvian »

So... I have it not to repeat artist for several hours in the settings for the node yet 95% of the time I always get two in a row by the same artist. I don't really want that... I want it not to repeat artists. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

jvian wrote:So... I have it not to repeat artist for several hours in the settings for the node yet 95% of the time I always get two in a row by the same artist. I don't really want that... I want it not to repeat artists. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?
Actually what happened was last.fm changed their similar tracks to include the same artist a few/several months ago. So now you will get occasionally a 'twofer' of the same artist in a row.

I thought it was kind of neat myself, that and I haven't really had time to go back and fix it/make it an option.

My library is huge so it doesn't happen all the time, but I can see that it could be a problem for some.

You might try to change the option for more variety (from default of 30 to maybe 50 or higher), this will try to include any other found tracks to pick from, but if your only finding a few tracks then your variety will be limited anyway.

If/when I get time, I plan to make the 'twofer' an option.
jvian

Post by jvian »

I have over 350 gig of music... variety isn't an issue... I have also already set it to 60 instead of 30 and 95% of the time I still get 2 of the same artist in a row... Sometimes that's ok, but I like variety and always getting 2 of the same artist in a row can occasionally be annoying.
Alex

Post by Alex »

First of all,

Thank you so much, Teknojnky, for this truly awesome script. This is BY FAR my favourite script. I truly love it! I have such a large collection that if I were to manually select songs, I'd probably listen to the same stuff over and over and never rediscover the wonderful music I own! at 75,000 tracks, this script becomes a true jewel! So thank you for making this truly awesome script!

So now the small question/request (if you can find the time for it, that is :)

There are many instances where the script takes a long time to actually find the next track and I was thinking, wouldn't it be awesome if instead of trying to log into Last.FM and find the next track with EVERY song, the script could (optionally) load say the next 10 matching tracks?

It would be something like an extra box in the options that would allow the user to select if they only want to have 1 song queued at a time (default selection) or more (with the understanding that the same artist might show up a couple of times and that randomization of top tracks might not be possible and that if the user's database has fewer matches than the desired number of tracks the user wants to queue, that only the tracks found will get queued...)

Anyway, I just thought I'd give you my thanks and this small idea to mull over :)

Sincerely,

Alex.