Last.FM Node: dynamic node based on last.fm 2020.04.19 [MM3][MM4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

alexdodd

Re: Last.FM Node: dynamic node based on last.fm 2009.08.17 [MM3]

Post by alexdodd »

That seems a step backwards, what if the track i'm playing at the time doesn't have the genre i want next? or i'm just testing a tag to see what results happen, for instance "background" and random tags like that bring up some quite cool results sometimes. Also almost all of my music has multi genre's so i assume your addon obviously just uses the first one which in some cases is fine. But Drum'n'Bass and Dubstep are fairly interchangable and some tracks they could be in either order, so how do i tell it to focus on one genre? Wouldn't it be just as easy to have a pop-up box like old times and i type in something random like "revision" maybe? Possibilites are endless with that and makes choosing random music very versatile! I like saving tags that i might check occasionally, but in most cases i'd have those saved as playlists anyway like i said becuase i'd want them synced to my mp3 player.

I hope you undetrstand where i'm coming from and its only constructive critism. The add-on is by far and wide indisposable, but its older implementation was actually even more useful to me! :D Thanks for the quick reply though :)
Sjoewaps

Post by Sjoewaps »

Hi there =)
First of all, thanks for this great plugin.
I have a question. Does this plugin scrobble too? I had a plugin that scrobbled songs at 50%. I tried the official mediamonkey scrobbler from the addons site, but that one only scrobbles at 100%. Now I have deleted the addon, but now I can't scrobble anymore =(
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

No. This script uses last.fm but does not update it.

Hmmm. There is a WinAmp style plugin that let's you use the official Last.fm client from MM. Need to check my notes. Have not used it in a while.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

OK. Found a reference to the old way of interfacing to last.fm. This is not recommended, but...
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... in#p175520
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Owyn wrote:OK. Found a reference to the old way of interfacing to last.fm. This is not recommended, but...
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... in#p175520
This is the full post: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 72#p148972
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Sjoewaps

Post by Sjoewaps »

Hmmm, that was certainly not the way I did it before! xD
A well, thanks for the help!
I think I'll have to stick with this MM native scrobbler 0=)
As long as it does the job!
Warentester

Post by Warentester »

I seem unable to install the mmip using the latest Mediamonkey on a Windows 7 Machine. There I don't have an option to "run as administrator". Any hints, how to proceed, please?
The installation aborts, saying it failed, but I do see the last.fm dj among my media monkey extensions. Help is appreciated.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

shutdown MM, then right click MM shortcut or exe and run as admin, then try install mmip
Trev1

Post by Trev1 »

How do I remove an artist from the Last FM artist node?
When I right clcik on the artist , the 'remove' option is greyed out :cry:
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

shutdown MM, open the mm/scripts/auto/lastfmnode.vbs.ini file remove the ones you don't want.

make sure to keep the numbers in order, otherwise it might cause issues
Trev1

Post by Trev1 »

Teknojnky wrote:shutdown MM, open the mm/scripts/auto/lastfmnode.vbs.ini file remove the ones you don't want.

make sure to keep the numbers in order, otherwise it might cause issues
Sorted it. Thanks very much appreciated :D
Trev1

Post by Trev1 »

Is there any specific instructions on how to use this script? I cant find any and I
am having problems making the most of it
thanks
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

essentially, there are 2 parts.

the last.fm node appears on the tree, you can add favorite artists, tags, etc and when you expand and click on them, it will get a list from last.fm and match it up to whats in your library, generally in order of popularity on last.fm

the other part is dj mode, which you can enable on the last.fm toolbar button or last.fm node in the options.

dj mode is like auto-dj, execpt it looks up the last track and finds related tracks (according to last.fm) in your library and queues them.

its like last.fm radio, but using your own library tracks.
Trev1

Post by Trev1 »

Teknojnky wrote:essentially, there are 2 parts.

the last.fm node appears on the tree, you can add favorite artists, tags, etc and when you expand and click on them, it will get a list from last.fm and match it up to whats in your library, generally in order of popularity on last.fm

the other part is dj mode, which you can enable on the last.fm toolbar button or last.fm node in the options.

dj mode is like auto-dj, execpt it looks up the last track and finds related tracks (according to last.fm) in your library and queues them.

its like last.fm radio, but using your own library tracks.
OK thanks but how do I start Last Fm autoDJ? I have it enabled , but can't seen to get it to go to a next track ..
what do I need to have selected?

The only thing I know how to do is add artists to artist node (and remove) ..

im not sure what the 'tag' node is for? ditto the 'user' node, plus 'groups' and 'locations'??
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

if its enabled on the last.fm nodes toolbar icon, then all you have to do is play the last track in the now playing list (or play just 1 track).

when it gets to the last track in the now playing list, is when it looks up on last.fm and then searches your library, the status bar will activate and indicate whats going on.

the tag, user, group nodes are so you can add your favorite last.fm tags (like genres), users and groups, and then when you click on them it will load up the tracks from last.fm with whats in your library.