Easy/fast nested nodes & FilesToEdit hiding (09Nov08)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

spacefish wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:
spacefish wrote:There is Refresh MyCustomNodes Counts with an icon that looks like 3 documents. <-- it's this one

There is Refresh MyCustomNodes from updated .INI file with an icon that looks like a reload icon (2 arrows in a circle).
I'm using both and neither is giving me an error, although with the Refresh MCN Counts I cannot tell if anything is refreshed. MCN will regenerate but I cannot tell if the counts have changed, too many nodes I'm afraid. I can test it further, what steps did you take when you recieved the error?

Nyn
I had updated some lyrics and wanted to see if the button worked! :D

It was the first time I pressed it. I am not getting any errors now but I can't tell if it's just not working now that it erred out once or if it is working but not updating my counts until I actually click on the node. I sort of thought the number would change when I pressed the button. In fact, after adding a couple more, I can see that the node actually updates when I click on it and has nothing to do with the refresh button (which probably isn't working).
That sounds like you have the "refresh=1" set for the node, turn that off and then try making your changes and see if you get results. I will try the same and see what happens on my machine.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

nynaevelan wrote:
magicalpig wrote:Sorry for misleading, I edited my message above.

Victor.
Your error message is way out of my league, gonna have to wait for Steve for this one. But I do have a few questions/suggestions. Did you install with the sample ini or did you create your own nodes?? Try removing the offending node and see if you are able to run the script. Are both the ini and the vbs file in the Scripts\Auto folder??

Nyn
Thanks for helping. Yes I installed the original ini untouched. Both the ini and vbs file are in the Auto folder of script. I'm gonna try to remove the problematic nodes right now and I'll report back.

Victor.

Edit : mmm, which node am I supposed to kill? :oops:
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

nynaevelan wrote:That sounds like you have the "refresh=1" set for the node, turn that off and then try making your changes and see if you get results. I will try the same and see what happens on my machine.
No, I don't. Not for that node anyway. I reduced my autorefreshes down to 1 node due to performance problems during playback and lyrics is not it. Still, with the new .ini options

Code: Select all

refresh_DynamicallyEvenForCurrentNode=0
refresh_DynamicallyWhenTrackPropertiesChanged=0
I don't think it would matter if I had kept it in. I'm not sure though. :P

I suppose Steve will have to explain it to us!
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

I'm supposed to be looking for the syntax of the first error message in the ini file, right?
Sorry, I'm useless with this script stuff...

Maybe the problem could be with MM DB file as suggested by the message? I hope not...

Victor.
Last edited by magicalpig on Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

magicalpig wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:

Victor.
Your error message is way out of my league, gonna have to wait for Steve for this one. But I do have a few questions/suggestions. Did you install with the sample ini or did you create your own nodes?? Try removing the offending node and see if you are able to run the script. Are both the ini and the vbs file in the Scripts\Auto folder??

Nyn
Thanks for helping. Yes I installed the original ini untouched. Both the ini and vbs file are in the Auto folder of script. I'm gonna try to remove the problematic nodes right now and I'll report back.

Victor.

Try disabling this one:

;------------------------------------------------------------------------
[New For Review]
;------------------------------------------------------------------------
icon=Preview
sortLike=Title
easyCaption=BaseCaptionAndTrackCount
level=Genre
level=Title
trackCriteria="((CAST([vb]CDbl(Now)[vb] AS Integer)) - CAST(DateAdded AS Integer) <= 5 AND PlayCounter=0)"
trackCriteria="(Genre <> 'Audiobook')"
parent="Play Info"
Does your node look like this, do you have an Audiobook genre? If not, try removing that section first and see what happens.

Nyn

sbondi

Post by sbondi »

magicalpig wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:

Victor.

Nyn

Victor.

Hi Victor,

You have the problem that Jörg noted earlier in this thread regarding non-US date formats.

If you use any of the <easyCriteria> in the latest script, then it should work fine.

Otherwise, look in your .INI for the "[vb]CDbl(Now)[vb]" statement and change it to "[vb]Fix(CDbl(Now))[vb]".

Regards,

Steve
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

yes it looks like that. No audiobook genre in my MM. Not that I know of.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Yeah!!!!! Nyn, you're the man. Killing this stuff worked. So what does it mean?

Steve, I'm gonna check out Jorg's stuff and try and understand what you just wrote... :wink:
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

spacefish wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:That sounds like you have the "refresh=1" set for the node, turn that off and then try making your changes and see if you get results. I will try the same and see what happens on my machine.
No, I don't. Not for that node anyway. I reduced my autorefreshes down to 1 node due to performance problems during playback and lyrics is not it. Still, with the new .ini options

I tested on my machine and it appears the button is not working, or I am not understanding which "nodes" it is supposed to be counting.

Steve, a little clarification??

Nyn

sbondi

Sample .INI

Post by sbondi »

I apologize, but two of the nodes ("Played Today" and "New for Review") that I recently added to the sample .INI file were not "internationalized".

The "[vb]CDbl(Now)[vb]" should have been "[vb]Fix(CDbl(Now))[vb]".

I have re-posted the sample .INI file with the correction.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Well, this is a VERY powerful tool but you need to really try and get how it works in order to use it to its full potential... I guess you have nothing without a little effort. I'll explore the ReadMe file. Hopefully I'll get a better understanding of how to use your awesome script. Thanks for helping again :)

Victor.
sbondi

Post by sbondi »

nynaevelan wrote:
spacefish wrote:

I tested on my machine and it appears the button is not working, or I am not understanding which "nodes" it is supposed to be counting.

Steve, a little clarification??

Nyn
There are two "manual refresh" options provided:

1. "manually refresh to update counts"

This option relates to forcing the "refresh" cycle on all nodes with "refresh=1". This entails updating custom captions and re-counting the number of records matching the criteria to detemine to "hideIfEmpty". Note: the "refresh" cycle is triggered automatically based on the "dynamic refresh" options:

1. refresh_DynamicallyWhenTrackPropertiesChanged
-- this is automatically triggered by MM3 when track properties change
2. refresh_DynamicallyWhenTracksConvertedOrRipped
-- this is automatically triggered by MM3 when track properties change
3. refresh_DynamicallyEvenForCurrentNode
-- when evaluating a node for refresh, this option to check to see if the current node can be updated

2. "manually refresh with updated .INI file"

This option relates to clearing out all the custom nodes in the current session, and reloading the .INI file just like when MM3 started up. This allows you to change your .INI file in mid-session and see immediate results.

-----

Was this not clear from the ReadMe?
sbondi

Post by sbondi »

magicalpig wrote:Yeah!!!!! Nyn, you're the man. Killing this stuff worked. So what does it mean?

Steve, I'm gonna check out Jorg's stuff and try and understand what you just wrote... :wink:
FYI, Nyn is a woman :D
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

magicalpig wrote:Well, this is a VERY powerful tool but you need to really try and get how it works in order to use it to its full potential... I guess you have nothing without a little effort. I'll explore the ReadMe file. Hopefully I'll get a better understanding of how to use your awesome script. Thanks for helping again :)

Victor.
It's not TOO hard to learn, if a programming illerate such as myself can pick it up, I'm sure anyone else can. The readme is helpful, but I found the sample ini to be critical, I need to "see" examples, so I used that in order to "think" my way through it. With a little trial and error, your nodes will continually expand.

Nyn

sbondi

Post by sbondi »

spacefish wrote:

I am just getting to all this activity :D

Your first error happened to me when I had a "hideIfEmpty" custom node SELECTED, and then the condition arose that hid this node and then officially NOTHING IS SELECTED in the tree. Subsequently, when the "refresh" cycle is triggered, the part of the script that tests for the CurrentNode chokes. I am updating the script, so this will not choke the script :D

Regarding the "manual refresh with counts", I tested it thoroughly and it works. I noticed that you turned of "refresh_DynamicallyEvenForCurrentNode" (Note: it may have not been clear what this is; I unfortunately plan on re-wording it to make it more clear). Thus, when you "manually refresh with counts", it will not refresh the currently selected node. I think you would prefer this option to be on. Let me know the results.