Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

SpritHansi
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:43 pm

Re: Magic Nodes 2.5 w/ 170+ masks & real GUI (2009-05-14)[MM2+3]

Post by SpritHansi »

Hi!
Can someone help me with a code for just showing a local folder? :-?
D:\Music\
Regards
SpritHansi
tatoosh
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:43 am

Re: Magic Nodes 2.5 w/ 170+ masks & real GUI (2009-05-14)[MM2+3]

Post by tatoosh »

@SpritHansi:

i think that couldn*t work. you have to put the folder in archive.
or do you added it there?
SpritHansi
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:43 pm

Re: Magic Nodes 2.5 w/ 170+ masks & real GUI (2009-05-14)[MM2+3]

Post by SpritHansi »

It's added there.
I just want a "shortcut" to the folder
Regards
SpritHansi
ZvezdanD
Posts: 3141
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:40 pm

Re: Magic Nodes 2.5 w/ 170+ masks & real GUI (2009-05-14)[MM2+3]

Post by ZvezdanD »

You cannot use Magic Nodes to get same tree structure as Location and My Computer nodes (well, you could try with the Split by and Split part qualifiers, but this is not too fast for several nested node levels). However, you could create a mask to display all tracks from some specified folder, e.g. :\Music\ (without drive letter) and assign a keyboard shortcut to it, for example:

Code: Select all

My folder|Shortcut:Ctrl+M|Filter: <Folder> = ':\Music\'\<Path>
I will add a drive letter to the Folder field for the next version of the script.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Weatherman
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:08 am

Re: Magic Nodes 2.5 w/ 170+ masks & real GUI (2009-05-14)[MM2+3]

Post by Weatherman »

Hello all, and particularly ZvezdanD or Bex!!
I have a slightly modified Magic Node - Grouped in Playing Statistics - which shows all tracks played in the year, split by month. It goes like this:
<Group|Name:Playing statistics|Show tracks:No>\Played in 2009|Icon:Top level|Filter:strftime('%Y', <Date last played>) = '2009'\<Date last played|Substring start:6|Trim:2|Statistic:Count(Tracks)>\<Artist|Trim:1|Statistic:Count(Items)>\<Artist|Statistic:Count(Tracks)>

My problem is that if a track is lsted as having been played in - for example, February, and then I play that same track in June, the original reference disappears - in other words the track disappears from the February list and it looks like I didn't play that track in February.

I would like to be able to see what was played in each month, even if I played the same track each month. But instead of getting a chronological or historical reference list, my magicnode only seems to list tracks PROVIDED they haven't been subsequently played at a later date, otherwise it overwrites the data and only places the track in the most recent month it was played.

Is there any modification I could make to this magicnode to get a real historical month by month play stats?

I'd be grateful for your help. I don'ty want to use any other play stats tool. I love Magic Nodes.
Jim
Bex
Posts: 6316
Joined: Fri May 21, 2004 5:44 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Magic Nodes 2.5 w/ 170+ masks & real GUI (2009-05-14)[MM2+3]

Post by Bex »

You really should try my PlayHistory Script, link in signature, it has all those features.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
ZvezdanD
Posts: 3141
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:40 pm

Re: Magic Nodes 2.5 w/ 170+ masks & real GUI (2009-05-14)[MM2+3]

Post by ZvezdanD »

Weatherman wrote:Is there any modification I could make to this magicnode to get a real historical month by month play stats?
Well, you are right and I will change a name for those masks from Played ... to Last Played ... If you want to get displayed tracks whenever they played, you should replace <Date last played> with <Date played>, for example:

Code: Select all

<Group|Name:Playing statistics|Show tracks:No>\Played in 2009|Icon:Top level|Filter:strftime('%Y', <Date played>) = '2009'\<Date played|Substring start:6|Trim:2|Statistic: Count(Tracks)>\<Artist|Trim:1|Statistic: Count(Items)>\<Artist|Statistic: Count(Tracks)>
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Weatherman
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:08 am

Re: Magic Nodes 2.5 w/ 170+ masks & real GUI (2009-05-14)[MM2+3]

Post by Weatherman »

Many thanks to Bex and ZvendanD for their great reply. I will make changes.
Bex....I don't mean any respect to your script...it is a fantastic script which does go beyond the magicnodes in many respects - in fact I used it before I got an iPod. The only reason I use the Magicnodes script is that PlayHistory does not seem to recognise tracks which have been updated via syncing an ipod back to MM. Although MM recognises changes in Star ratings and playcounts, the Play History script doesn't seem to.
The Magic nodes obviously reflects what is in the MM library.
For info, I am using MM3 latest version and I was using Playhistory 3.9.1.

Thanks so much for your help. Much appreciated.
Jim
Weatherman
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:08 am

Re: Magic Nodes 2.5 w/ 170+ masks & real GUI (2009-05-14)[MM2+3]

Post by Weatherman »

Actually Zven...the suggested script change you provided doesn't work....I get an error message which says:

There was a problem querying the database:
Error executing SQL "SELECT Songs"
FROM Songs
WHERE Songs.ID IN (SELECT Songs.Id FROM Songs WHERE (strftime('%Y', <Date played>) = '2009'))
" : near "<": syntax error (1,1)

I tried doing simple things like removing statistics and sort orders etc, but still the error.

Any ideas?
Jim
Bex
Posts: 6316
Joined: Fri May 21, 2004 5:44 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Magic Nodes 2.5 w/ 170+ masks & real GUI (2009-05-14)[MM2+3]

Post by Bex »

Weatherman wrote:Many thanks to Bex and ZvendanD for their great reply. I will make changes.
Bex....I don't mean any respect to your script...it is a fantastic script which does go beyond the magicnodes in many respects - in fact I used it before I got an iPod. The only reason I use the Magicnodes script is that PlayHistory does not seem to recognise tracks which have been updated via syncing an ipod back to MM. Although MM recognises changes in Star ratings and playcounts, the Play History script doesn't seem to.
The Magic nodes obviously reflects what is in the MM library.
For info, I am using MM3 latest version and I was using Playhistory 3.9.1.

Thanks so much for your help. Much appreciated.
Jim
Well, that's a limitation of the synch-process within MM. You'll see the exact same thing in Magic Nodes since the data doesn't exist. To get your playhistory in shape you can try this script:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=31809
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
ZvezdanD
Posts: 3141
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:40 pm

Re: Magic Nodes 2.5 w/ 170+ masks & real GUI (2009-05-14)[MM2+3]

Post by ZvezdanD »

Weatherman wrote:the suggested script change you provided doesn't work....I get an error message
I tested the mask which I posted and it worked fine. <Date played> field is introduced in Magic Nodes v2.4. Which version are you using?
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
ZvezdanD
Posts: 3141
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:40 pm

Re: Magic Nodes 2.5 w/ 170+ masks & real GUI (2009-05-14)[MM2+3]

Post by ZvezdanD »

Bex wrote:Well, that's a limitation of the synch-process within MM. You'll see the exact same thing in Magic Nodes since the data doesn't exist.
Well, I think you are wrong and I suppose that MM refresh playstats correctly. I don't know how your Play History works, but Magic Nodes refresh its display whenever you collapse/expand some node and after that it always show the actual data.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Bex
Posts: 6316
Joined: Fri May 21, 2004 5:44 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Magic Nodes 2.5 w/ 170+ masks & real GUI (2009-05-14)[MM2+3]

Post by Bex »

I'm talking about PlayHistory and not the LastPlayedDate or PlayCount. Playhistory is not created within MM when you synch plays from a portable device, only the LastPlayedDate and PlayCount are (if device is supported). So it doesn't matter which script you use to display your playhistory, it can't be seen because the data doesn't exist.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Weatherman
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:08 am

Re: Magic Nodes 2.5 w/ 170+ masks & real GUI (2009-05-14)[MM2+3]

Post by Weatherman »

Ahem....I was using Magic Nodes 2.1

I will install the latest version.

Bex...I'm sorry but I have to disagree. With the iPod Nano If I sync to MM and have chosen the option to sync device back to the PC, then after the sync MM will display the latest date played and any amendments to playcount and star ratings. I also have an iAudio D2, which does not do this because apparently it is not one of the compatible devices.

However, with an iPod, MM is definitely updated on sync.
I will also download latest playhistory, but I get the feeling that Playhistory only works with songs that are played from within MM on the PC...but maybe the new version does more.

One certain fact is that both these scripts and both of you scripters have made listening and arranging music for the rest of us so much more enjoyable. Please accept my thanks to both of you.
Jim
nynaevelan
Posts: 5559
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:07 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Magic Nodes 2.5 w/ 170+ masks & real GUI (2009-05-14)[MM2+3]

Post by nynaevelan »

Weatherman wrote: Bex...I'm sorry but I have to disagree. With the iPod Nano If I sync to MM and have chosen the option to sync device back to the PC, then after the sync MM will display the latest date played and any amendments to playcount and star ratings. I also have an iAudio D2, which does not do this because apparently it is not one of the compatible devices.

However, with an iPod, MM is definitely updated on sync.
I will also download latest playhistory, but I get the feeling that Playhistory only works with songs that are played from within MM on the PC...but maybe the new version does more.


Jim
I hate to jump in the middle of a conversation but this statement supports Bex's statement that the Playhistories are not updated when syncing with most portable players. The playcounts and lastplayeddate are for those that support it. If you've played track(s) more than once, you will not get the dates/times of any plays except the last one.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Post Reply